Giorgio Armani Armani Code for women

3.9

If you like citrusy, musky and spicy perfumes and want a strong impacting night perfume this is good for you. But just don't stand too close to me.

This was wrong in every way in my opinion. I wouldn't wear this even if you gave me a free lifetime supply of it. Strong, offensive, overbearing and aggressive is what I would describe this perfume as.

I love Armani Code for MEN. It is my all time favourite scent to smell on a man. It drives me crazy! So I was curious about the female version when it came out. I hadn't had a chance to smell it when my best friend had purchased it actually.

We had gone to see a movie and as I was sitting beside her I kept thinking "What is that stinging stench...It's really pungent and thick. I feel like I'm being choked by this smell." And I told her someone is wearing too much perfume. She said she got a new perfume. I smelt her wrist and thought this is so strong and offensive to the nose. At that time I had a broken nose.... (I didn't know my nose was broken at that time, apparently I broke it was kid and nobody noticed!) So I was only breathing from one side...so that's a pretty strong scent if I could smell it with my broken nose!

When she finally told me it was Armani Code for women I was so disappointed. How could they have made such a mistake!?

I've sprayed this a dozen time on my wrist at the counters. I went a few days ago and sprayed it again. And I've decided this is the worst Armani scent out there. It is warm which I can see some people liking but it is too strong and spicy for my liking. It just smells thick and is a scent that screams "Smell me, smell me..." and it lingers very long. It's one of those scents that stays in a room even after you have gone.

I've wanted desperately to love it but each time I run to the bathroom to wash it off. It's just plain awful! Even if I spray one spritz its still too much. From the beginning to the dry down I hate this on me and on my best friend. It starts out citrusy/orangey and a few seconds later it goes rich with a woodsy with strong florals. To me its very offensive at this point. The orange doesn't last long which is disappointing. As it drys down it gets very heavy and makes me dizzy. Everyone says it has jasmine. I love jasmine on its own...I can't detect the jasmine in this...even now with my nose fixed. I smell a strong soapy powder smell. I have jasmine growing in my back yard....jasmine should be soft and delicate not strong and offensive. After half an hour you can smell the ginger sting...its just a big mess. The notes don't go together in harmony.

Normally I love Armani perfumes, they are classic, clean, soft and transparent....sometimes woodsy.

I've owned Aqua di Gio which is a lovely soft floral with an aquatic feel and very relaxing. Emporio Armani She which is soft and classic and delicate. Emporio Armani White is the ultimate scent for the beaches of Greece since its pure and icy. Armani Mania which is seductive and huggable, slightly woodsy but mostly floral. I've adored all of those scents because they are soft and natural and seductive. But Armani dropped the ball when it came to the Code for Women.

Armani Code was pretty awful in my opinion. I can't see someone wearing this in an office it would suffocate your fellow employees. I don't think its sexy or seductive. A better alternative for those who like strong musky spicy scents it is better to try Euphoria by Calvin Klein and Pure Poison by Dior which has a nice bitter orange scent....which Armani Code tries to be but misses.

I do like he packaging and the lovely colour of the glass. But I'd much rather wear the man's version than this women's version. And I actually have worn the man's version and I've gotten compliments from men.

Perhaps I should try the SHEER version or the SUMMER version. But the orginal is a big no no...If I could give it NO lippys I would.

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Doesn't have the best staying power, but what a lovely scent! It's a bit masculine, with the sandalwood, but has a spicy citrus orange overlay. It's not whack you over the head sexy, it's more subtle and refined. I'd buy it again.

hands down best fragrance ever made!! Get a million compliments a day!! I have never had so many people ask me "what are you wearing"?
will never wear another fragrance again. love love love love

I like Escada's parfumes.Most of them are fruitful (peach, strawberry...)Armani code was a gift for me. It stays no longer.It's spicy,oriental and warm.Although I like it.

Love love love Armani Code! I can't stop smelling my wrist when I put it on. I love Sensi by Armani and was so disappointed when it was discontinued. I have been looking for a few years now for my new signature scent but with no luck. For some reason, I kept passing by Code. I finally tried it, went home, and rushed back the next morning to buy it. It reminds me of Sensi, though it does not seem to have the same "ooomph" that Sensi had, not the same depth and sultriness. Still, its a gorgeous and sexy scent. If you loved Sensi, you will like Armani Code.

Masculine and spicy but sensual
It made me smell like a man.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a good year round scent. This is a warm oriental with hints of floral and citrus. Code is a very good brew and smells nice on me. On me, the warmth of vanilla and musky woods are the strong points and the citrus and floral notes follow in the distance. I'm drawn to orientals and woody scents so this is right up my alley. My other fave warm scent is Dior Addict which is very forcefully sexy and great for special events and nights. Code is lighter and more flirty not so sexy and I can wear it year round and during the day. Also, Code has such a beautiful bottle, one of my faves.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I didn't buy this, but I'm very tempted to. (The cost stopped me.) I sampled the scent today, and although I'm usually a fan of super-fruity scents, I actually do like this one quite bit. I can see why it would be a great scent for going out at night. It's a little spicy, and I suppose the only other word I can think of to describe it would be sensual. The staying power is also pretty great. I did one spray about...7.5 hours ago and I can still faintly detect it. :]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this one....I get compliments when I wear it occasionally but there's something missing. I used to wear Thierry Mugler's Alien constantly and everyone commented on how good it smelt. It doesn't happen with this and I'm going back to Alien.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favourite fragrance. At first I didn't love it, but it really grew on me. I always get compliments when I wear and my boyfriend really likes it. I smells warm and sultry. I like the oriental and warmer fragrances, and I recommend this to anyone who is overwhelmed by the fruity fragrances. Overall, HG perfume for special occasions.

Popular Fragrances