July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by holly1988

I have been using this foundation for about a year now. I have quite bad skin, spots and scars. Most normal foundations don't give me any coverage, even foundations that claim they are full coverage are always to sheer for me.

Mac full coverage gets 10/10 for coverage however I wouldn't reccomend it for daytime wear as it can look a bit cakey and is VERY transferrable. It's great for evening wear or nights out, comes out really well in photos. Be careful, if you hug people as you can leave a nice foundation mark on their shirt! I have tried fixing the foundation on with clarins make up fix but it doesn't change it's tendency to slide off when touched.

I would buy again but only because I haven't found anything that matches this level of coverage. Would be great if it had better staying power and didn't transfer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Bride949

my HG foundation!! i've read many review that say this is "too thick" but i think its all about application style. i'm really bummed its been exiled to pro stores only, but i'm happy it hasn't been discontinued.

this foundation gives me the dewy look i love with perfect natural looking skin. my SKIN (not my makeup) gets complimented daily when i wear this. i have combination acne prone skin (this product does not contribute to my breakouts), and this completely transforms my face into the flawless skin i've always wanted.

to apply, i moisturize well, spritz my 189 brush w/ fix+ and dab into the foundation. i buff it into my skin and blend w/ my fingers around the nose and eye areas, revisiting any scars or bumps with a concealer brush.

i love love love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is for days when you need full coverage. It hides flaws but is thick. It feels heavy on skin and can be hard to blend. I warm it on the back of my hand first to make application easier. I think it is too heavy for daily use but is good when your skin isn't looking it's best; it looks good in photographs. I wouldn't buy again on the basis of it being too heavy on my skin, it feels like my skin cannot breathe. It made me break out on a few occasions too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I kinda like this foundation!It's really heavy, and i can feel the heaviness on my face when i apply this. The coverage is really heavy, and long-lasting. However, i can feel like, oiliness on my face after awhile. But i like using this as a concealer. It works wonder as a concealer for my acne-prone skin, and on my acne scars!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really does provide a full coverage. But I have purchased a shade too light but I certainly rate it as an undereye and spot concealer.
This is a great foundation if onyl I did choose the right sahde(one darker would have been perfect). I have light skin with yellow tones but this is for pale skintones. This is perfect for superlight skins.
The colour in the pot is yellow but looks darker (nc20). This is a lightr NC20 than the other foundations in this shade.
But it does provide a heaveircoverage as it is creamier and thicker however it is soo blendable and moisturising without feeling greasy.
This foundation has the texture of a creamy concealer and it has a great coverage without looking like you are wearing makeup ( providing you get the shade right).
I think this is suitable for all skin types, though oiler skins may need to top up with a transparent powder as a coloured powder with make it turn orange.
This product really is amazing as it does cover flaws and provide a glow to the skin. It does not run, cake or crack. It is truly amazing. As it does provide coverage it will allow you to paint in the areas of concern and genrally as it is heaveir coverage I suggest you blend it al over your skin and add a touch of blusher to warm your cheeks and maybe added bronzer on the nose, chin and foregead to keep a warm flush. This does give the appearance of baby skin. I prefer to use a face sponge to press all over the skin and my finers on the spots and then I use a translucent powder all over to ensure it stays on for a few hours.
It looks divine and NC20 is pale yellow and looks enthereal and angelic nd youthful on my skin. I have had many compliments with this...but lets face it I need a shade down. But I lovethis product and will contniue to use it anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has great coverage however feels sticky and you know you have something oily heavy on your face. It doesn't last long with oily skin. This makes me look and feel heavly made up, looks ok for going out at night but in the daylight you can definitely see you have heavy makeup on. Thing is as I said this covers well, and be care ful when you take photos it makes me look so white and like a ghost.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by automaticprincess

I have the studio fix powder in C40, which is a perfect match and CANNOT find the correct liquid foundation in my color...the NC's just don't look right on me. So I saw that they had this in C40 and went to the store and the sales lady looked at my skin and said you don't need that, its too much coverage for you. So I didn't buy it then, but went back and bought it. I wet a sponge first until its damp and then apply the product with the damp sponge and it goes on quite naturally and also covers up almost anything!! I love this stuff!!!!! I don't look caked on at all with this... so if you apply this correctly it won't be too heavy for you!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ocfashionlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't like this product. First, it made me break out. The week I started using it, my face broke out. I tried it again about a month ago and had the same results. I have oily skin and this looked cakey an hour after I put it on. I didn't think it gave good coverage either. I now use Bare Esentials and love it. The only plus to this is it is nicely packages and has a mirror

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another MAC foundation that I absolutely love! However, a word of warning! If you let the SA at the MAC counter apply this on you, I could almost guarantee that you won't like it. Sorry to be so adamant about this point but when I went in and was curious about this foundation, the SA took out her brush and literally painted this on my face whilst emphasising how thick the foundation is and how it's only for people that want to cover up a lot of skin problems etc. I looked at myself and yes, I did look like I was wearing a wall of grease on my face! I thought to myself, wow she really must not want me to purchase this product. I was put off and didn't buy.

A few weeks later I was at the MAC counter again and tried another foundation. Sure enough, the SA (not the same one) applied the foundation so thick that I was cringing. Why do they do that? Are they trained to apply the foundation so thick just in case the customer doesn't get the point?!

A makeup artist friend of mine uses full coverage foundation in her kit and I have never seen any of her clients look like they were covered in grease. As a makeup artist myself, I decided to give this foundation another go and see if I could make it work. I went back, purchased it and instead of applying it with a makeup brush, I applied it with a sponge. In regards to my face routine with this foundation, first I apply MAC Prep + Prime on my face (you need to apply something first because otherwise this foundation is hard to blend and can kind of drag on the skin). I then take a little of the full coverage foundation onto my sponge and use a stippling motion to apply this on my face. Finally I blend the foundation well and apply some translucent powder to set it. The results look great!!! I found that the first time I wore it and as the day wore on the foundation still looked great but was a little oily on my t-zone (but all foundations are like that on my face whether they be matte or creamy). I just blotted with a little bit of loose powder which I carry in a compact. But the face looked flawless (without looking fake) and it didn't collect in different areas of my face. Whilst I still love my MAC Face & Body Foundation, I will be purchasing a few colours of this foundation for my kit! This is great for photographic work because the foundation sits on top of the skin but doesn’t look like it’s floating on top and gives such a nice finish to the face. And applying it with a wet sponge gives a sheer application which is really nice too. The colour range in this is great: It has NC, NW, and C & N.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jod84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

its so thick that its hard to apply.............it makes me look pale even if i get a shade darker and its looks so cakey