November 28, 2014 | 1859 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dconwright2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been searching for a quality cream foundation and this is the best that i've tried thus far. though it is considered full coverage, which it is, covers all of my blemishes, it doesn't looked caked up and people can never tell that i'm wearing foundation. my problem with this product is that it doesn't last all day especially in hot weather, maybe a primer would help. i don't know. back to the positive, a compact lasts about 8 months, which is awesome! and the price around $30 isn't bad. department stores and MAC shops no longer sell this product. you have to order by calling MAC customer service, which i find quite strange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 with dry, sensitive Rosacean skin and on an endless quest finding a foundation which matches my pale complexion and doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. One of my favourite foundations is LM Silk Creme Foundation in #Soft Ivory which is a full coverage foundation too.
I received MAC Full Coverage Foundation in shade #W10*, which is a very pale cool toned shade; think of #Alabaster in BB Skin Foundation or MUFE F&B #36 / MUFE HD #110. Being more neutral- than cool toned as well as having some redness due to Rosacea I need a slightly yellow toned foundation to neutralize the redness though and this shade has too much pink undertones for me.
MAC Full Coverage Foundation is a full coverage, opaque foundation indeed. It covers everything; you won't need a separate concealer. Now here's the deal with any full coverage cream foundation: you can't just slather it on because it will look and feel fake, chalky and heavy. Depending on how much coverage you aim for you might either use a foundation brush or dry sponge for full coverage or use a damp sponge for more sheer coverage. I always use a damp sponge because I don't need that much coverage and prefer a more "natural" look. Also it's important to use just the tiniest amount; I use the size of a rice grain for each cheek and one for the rest of my face. I warm up the foundation between my fingers first, dot it on and blend carefully. As a final step I pat my sponge allover my face, gently pressing. Voila, an even toned yet natural looking complexion.
It doesn't settle into fine lines, doesn't irritate my skin nor does it cause breakouts. This foundation could emphasize any dry patches but it won't happen on a well-exfoliated and moisturized face. Using a primer before applying any foundation will provide a smooth base; I like Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch.
The finish of this foundation is semi-matte just like the LM Silk Creme Foundation. So it isn't exactly dewy but you must set it with some powder to prevent it from rubbing off, esp. if you have normal-oily skin. Being water-resistant I recommend using an oil-based cleanser to get it of your face completely.
The packaging is the typical MAC round black pan with a transparent lid. There's no sponge included and no separate compartment for a sponge. You'll get a huge amount of foundation (28g/1.0OZ); considering the fact you'll need so little of it it will last forever. In order to prevent it from being contaminated with bacteriae I use a small spatula to scoop out the amount needed.
Oh and for those wondering: yes, this foundation is nearly exactly the same as Studio Finish Concealer. But the foundation doesn't contain SPF (which I prefer) and is slightly creamier than the Studio Finish Concealer.
Overall a very good foundation; if you are a cool toned PPP I highly recommend giving it a try! *Exclusively available at MAC PRO.
*PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients:Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by shinyb

I used this foundation for about 6 months on and off, NC 30, it looks good if you want to go out at night, but it can tend to look masky and will run off if you have oily skin....AND it transfers on to clothing. it's good for concealing i guess..but not as an all over face foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by holly1988

I have been using this foundation for about a year now. I have quite bad skin, spots and scars. Most normal foundations don't give me any coverage, even foundations that claim they are full coverage are always to sheer for me.

Mac full coverage gets 10/10 for coverage however I wouldn't reccomend it for daytime wear as it can look a bit cakey and is VERY transferrable. It's great for evening wear or nights out, comes out really well in photos. Be careful, if you hug people as you can leave a nice foundation mark on their shirt! I have tried fixing the foundation on with clarins make up fix but it doesn't change it's tendency to slide off when touched.

I would buy again but only because I haven't found anything that matches this level of coverage. Would be great if it had better staying power and didn't transfer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Bride949

my HG foundation!! i've read many review that say this is "too thick" but i think its all about application style. i'm really bummed its been exiled to pro stores only, but i'm happy it hasn't been discontinued.

this foundation gives me the dewy look i love with perfect natural looking skin. my SKIN (not my makeup) gets complimented daily when i wear this. i have combination acne prone skin (this product does not contribute to my breakouts), and this completely transforms my face into the flawless skin i've always wanted.

to apply, i moisturize well, spritz my 189 brush w/ fix+ and dab into the foundation. i buff it into my skin and blend w/ my fingers around the nose and eye areas, revisiting any scars or bumps with a concealer brush.

i love love love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is for days when you need full coverage. It hides flaws but is thick. It feels heavy on skin and can be hard to blend. I warm it on the back of my hand first to make application easier. I think it is too heavy for daily use but is good when your skin isn't looking it's best; it looks good in photographs. I wouldn't buy again on the basis of it being too heavy on my skin, it feels like my skin cannot breathe. It made me break out on a few occasions too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I kinda like this foundation!It's really heavy, and i can feel the heaviness on my face when i apply this. The coverage is really heavy, and long-lasting. However, i can feel like, oiliness on my face after awhile. But i like using this as a concealer. It works wonder as a concealer for my acne-prone skin, and on my acne scars!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really does provide a full coverage. But I have purchased a shade too light but I certainly rate it as an undereye and spot concealer.
This is a great foundation if onyl I did choose the right sahde(one darker would have been perfect). I have light skin with yellow tones but this is for pale skintones. This is perfect for superlight skins.
The colour in the pot is yellow but looks darker (nc20). This is a lightr NC20 than the other foundations in this shade.
But it does provide a heaveircoverage as it is creamier and thicker however it is soo blendable and moisturising without feeling greasy.
This foundation has the texture of a creamy concealer and it has a great coverage without looking like you are wearing makeup ( providing you get the shade right).
I think this is suitable for all skin types, though oiler skins may need to top up with a transparent powder as a coloured powder with make it turn orange.
This product really is amazing as it does cover flaws and provide a glow to the skin. It does not run, cake or crack. It is truly amazing. As it does provide coverage it will allow you to paint in the areas of concern and genrally as it is heaveir coverage I suggest you blend it al over your skin and add a touch of blusher to warm your cheeks and maybe added bronzer on the nose, chin and foregead to keep a warm flush. This does give the appearance of baby skin. I prefer to use a face sponge to press all over the skin and my finers on the spots and then I use a translucent powder all over to ensure it stays on for a few hours.
It looks divine and NC20 is pale yellow and looks enthereal and angelic nd youthful on my skin. I have had many compliments with this...but lets face it I need a shade down. But I lovethis product and will contniue to use it anyway.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has great coverage however feels sticky and you know you have something oily heavy on your face. It doesn't last long with oily skin. This makes me look and feel heavly made up, looks ok for going out at night but in the daylight you can definitely see you have heavy makeup on. Thing is as I said this covers well, and be care ful when you take photos it makes me look so white and like a ghost.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by automaticprincess

I have the studio fix powder in C40, which is a perfect match and CANNOT find the correct liquid foundation in my color...the NC's just don't look right on me. So I saw that they had this in C40 and went to the store and the sales lady looked at my skin and said you don't need that, its too much coverage for you. So I didn't buy it then, but went back and bought it. I wet a sponge first until its damp and then apply the product with the damp sponge and it goes on quite naturally and also covers up almost anything!! I love this stuff!!!!! I don't look caked on at all with this... so if you apply this correctly it won't be too heavy for you!!