November 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by uhTING

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I thought it will work great on my skin as i have oily skin. But after using it for like 3days, my skin start to get sticky and they said its light but it is actually quite heavy. NO way am i going buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by maha789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have oily skin, and live in a hot/sunny environment, so wearing sunblock everyday is a Must! This product doesn't make me break out, or leave me extra oily. My only gripe is that it's stark white which makes my medium skin tone a little too white-washed for my liking, but that's ok. I didn't wear it for a couple of weeks because I was using some acne treatment and my face became So dark. It's only then I realised the kind of protection this product gives me.

Unless I find something much better, I'm gonna stick with it =]

P.S. I <3 Neutrogenam!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by catclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great sunblock. Makes my foundation go on smoothly and doesn't add to my face's oiliness. Most of the time I actually forget I have sunblock on, which is the way skin products should feel. I've only started using a separate sunblock recently as I've always relied on BB creams for my SPF. Takes an extra step in my morning routine but it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mistikmajik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this sunscreen for a month, and everything's great.
To make it easier to apply, I put clinique moisturizing gel on first, and I mix a drop of liquid foundation with the sunscreen to thin it out. My face looks a little oily at first, but a few minutes later my skin just looks soft, not oily at all.

-doesn't feel heavy/greasy
-won't clog pores
-I'm not prone to break-outs, and this sunscreen has not made me break out
-protects skin from UVA and UVB rays, which is important!
-light scent, not annoying and goes away quickly
-I've never tried reapplying in the afternoon; not sure if my face would get oily
-small bottle, easy to dispense
-around $10 CAD for 88ml at Walmart

This is definitely the best sunscreen I've used for my face. I love it, it's part of my daily routine, and I will buy it again when my bottle runs out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jasonshannon76

I use a spray sunscreen for my body, but this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is perfect for the face. It is dry-touch, meaning that it does NOT get greasy or oily. Since it is going on my face, I prefer not to have any oily products on my face. This is perfect for the face, to prevent you from getting sunburned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by adara260

Update: I have now been using this sunscreen during the summer months and this is what I'm finding.
1. This does run on your clothes and leaves a stain. On some of my clothes this has even bleached it. I wasn't working out or anything like that but its hot in the summer and you can't help but sweat a little!
2. It may not leave a whiteish cast on my face to begin with but over time it "balls up", "gathers" a bit and then you see it. It happened to me today when I had no makeup on. Again I think its from the slight sweating from the heat.
3. It ruins manicures! I don't know whats in it but when it comes into contact with dry nail polish it wrecks it. It makes my polish bubble and become tacky. Its happened with cheap and expensive nail polish.

So I still like this sunscreen but I'm going to try something else. This isn't the Holy Grail that I thought it was but still is the best so far.

Love this sunscreen for my body. For a high SPF I find that it spreads reasonably well. Higher SPFs are harder to spread than say a 15 or 30 no matter the brand so I don't think this one is bad at all. This feels like nothing on the skin. No mess, no shine no big smells. The other problem for me is the price but this is a great sunscreen that works, doesn't grease you up so it's worth the money. Even coppertones oil free is greasy. This is the only one that is not.

I have used it on my face because it says you can on the directions of the bottle. I find it mattifies my skin and makes it easier to put on makeup because it's not a greasy finish. I apply it to my face in sections though and that helps with the smoothing and white cast problem. Don't know if this causes breakouts because I'm using up another Neutrogena sunscreen for the face that I hate but was expensive. Once that is done I will update.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product balls up and is frustrating to put on makeup afterwards. I bought a 3 pack + gift at Sam's Club, so I will use this on my hands and during swim season.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by briii

This sunscreen is okay. Its very thick and almost sticky to blend into my skin. It does protect my skin very good so that's the only reason I use it. Ill continue using it for now until I find a better one but definately wouldn't reccomend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by FunkPunky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got samples of these at an information booth for who knows what at my hubby's school. I LOVE this sunblock! The best I have tried! I hate putting sunblock on because I hate standing around trying not to touch anything while waiting for my sunblock to sink in. This stuff sinks in immediately. Can't even feel it, right away!!!!!!! I would definitely never wear this on my face, as other reviewers have said. Never wear a sunblock on your face that doesn't say it's for the face! I think thats why this amazing lotion is getting a low rating. Very good sunblock!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by saratee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using a sunblock EVERYDAY rain or sunshine since I was 15. Back then, no matter what brand I tried ( and I've used Estee, Sheisdo, Clinique, Banana Boat and other neutrogena sunblocks) I would always feel sticky all day and would need to use blotting sheets on my face all day to soak up the grease (eww).
and THEN dry touch happened. I finally feel FREE. I have been using it every single day for over 4 years now and haven't had a single breakout. Thank you neutrogena.