Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, ppd 9

on 5/19/2010 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay,I'm going to have to go back in a minute and read through reviews for this same product,only in lower/higher SPF's,because I notice this one is getting lower reviews,and I'm not sure why [what's the difference].Anyway,this is the one I bought last fall [SPF 55],and after years of wearing other facial sunscreens,and suffering all day with oil-slicks that looked AND felt horrible...well,I loved this product!
It was nothing like the other "regular" sunscreens I've used.With my old ones,I'd "shine" from the moment I applied it,until the time I took it off,it wrecked my make-up everyday,it was embarrassing to say the least.I am already very oily/acne-prone;so needless to say,I hated wearing sunscreen on my face...but I did a lot of tanning when I was in my teens/20's,and I wanted to avoid any further lines/wrinkles/damage...so I suffered with the oil-slick every day.Neutrogena Dry Touch is WAY different,there is absolutely NO shine when applied,or throughout the day.It does not affect the way that your make-up applies,or wears through the day,it does not "feel heavy".You will not even know you're wearing "sunscreen".I think it may have caused my acne to flare just a small bit the first week or so,but after my skin adjusted...it's been great ever since,no problems.And with no oil/shine,you can't beat the fact that you're also getting a HIGH level of UVA & UVB protection,that's another thing that you can't get in just "any/all" sunscreens.So,worth the price,great product!!!! *And just an FYI,yes,like most sunscreens,it can "burn" if it gets into the eyes,so if you're using it on the face,be careful when applying it,and probably the same rule,if you're going to be outside sweating/active.*

on 5/17/2010 10:26:00 AM

This is a pretty good everyday sunscreen for your face. It never makes my face feel hot or sweaty later on like some other sunscreens. It also has kept my skin clear. The finish isn't quite matte, so I usually use some powder after. I think I'll keep buying this, because it does what I need and is in my price range.

on 5/9/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought it will work great on my skin as i have oily skin. But after using it for like 3days, my skin start to get sticky and they said its light but it is actually quite heavy. NO way am i going buy this again.

on 5/8/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, and live in a hot/sunny environment, so wearing sunblock everyday is a Must! This product doesn't make me break out, or leave me extra oily. My only gripe is that it's stark white which makes my medium skin tone a little too white-washed for my liking, but that's ok. I didn't wear it for a couple of weeks because I was using some acne treatment and my face became So dark. It's only then I realised the kind of protection this product gives me.

Unless I find something much better, I'm gonna stick with it =]

P.S. I <3 Neutrogenam!

on 5/6/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great sunblock. Makes my foundation go on smoothly and doesn't add to my face's oiliness. Most of the time I actually forget I have sunblock on, which is the way skin products should feel. I've only started using a separate sunblock recently as I've always relied on BB creams for my SPF. Takes an extra step in my morning routine but it's well worth it.

on 5/1/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this sunscreen for a month, and everything's great.
To make it easier to apply, I put clinique moisturizing gel on first, and I mix a drop of liquid foundation with the sunscreen to thin it out. My face looks a little oily at first, but a few minutes later my skin just looks soft, not oily at all.

-doesn't feel heavy/greasy
-won't clog pores
-I'm not prone to break-outs, and this sunscreen has not made me break out
-protects skin from UVA and UVB rays, which is important!
-light scent, not annoying and goes away quickly
-I've never tried reapplying in the afternoon; not sure if my face would get oily
-small bottle, easy to dispense
-around $10 CAD for 88ml at Walmart

This is definitely the best sunscreen I've used for my face. I love it, it's part of my daily routine, and I will buy it again when my bottle runs out :)

I use a spray sunscreen for my body, but this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is perfect for the face. It is dry-touch, meaning that it does NOT get greasy or oily. Since it is going on my face, I prefer not to have any oily products on my face. This is perfect for the face, to prevent you from getting sunburned.

on 4/16/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Update: I have now been using this sunscreen during the summer months and this is what I'm finding.
1. This does run on your clothes and leaves a stain. On some of my clothes this has even bleached it. I wasn't working out or anything like that but its hot in the summer and you can't help but sweat a little!
2. It may not leave a whiteish cast on my face to begin with but over time it "balls up", "gathers" a bit and then you see it. It happened to me today when I had no makeup on. Again I think its from the slight sweating from the heat.
3. It ruins manicures! I don't know whats in it but when it comes into contact with dry nail polish it wrecks it. It makes my polish bubble and become tacky. Its happened with cheap and expensive nail polish.

So I still like this sunscreen but I'm going to try something else. This isn't the Holy Grail that I thought it was but still is the best so far.

Love this sunscreen for my body. For a high SPF I find that it spreads reasonably well. Higher SPFs are harder to spread than say a 15 or 30 no matter the brand so I don't think this one is bad at all. This feels like nothing on the skin. No mess, no shine no big smells. The other problem for me is the price but this is a great sunscreen that works, doesn't grease you up so it's worth the money. Even coppertones oil free is greasy. This is the only one that is not.

I have used it on my face because it says you can on the directions of the bottle. I find it mattifies my skin and makes it easier to put on makeup because it's not a greasy finish. I apply it to my face in sections though and that helps with the smoothing and white cast problem. Don't know if this causes breakouts because I'm using up another Neutrogena sunscreen for the face that I hate but was expensive. Once that is done I will update.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product balls up and is frustrating to put on makeup afterwards. I bought a 3 pack + gift at Sam's Club, so I will use this on my hands and during swim season.

on 3/15/2010 10:48:00 PM

This sunscreen is okay. Its very thick and almost sticky to blend into my skin. It does protect my skin very good so that's the only reason I use it. Ill continue using it for now until I find a better one but definately wouldn't reccomend this to anyone.