BeneFit Cosmetics Dallas

4.3

Talc, Mica, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Boron Nitride, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Tocopherol, BHT, Retinyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Eugenol.

on 4/22/2012 1:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Finally a colour between bronzer and a blush! I asked MUA recs. for a shade to add warmth to my fair-cool-neutral skintone. Dallas is that. I don`t tan (well burn and tan so slowly it`s pointless) or even want to tan anyways. I hardly touch a bronzer and if it is Dior Aurora or another to contour. I don`t think I would have neverever considered this and risked on online order w/o recs. Expensive because box is so small. Lasting power is good, whole day, and better than in Illamasqua blushes.

on 3/29/2012 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This was the first blush I ever purchased when I was first getting into makeup and there is still a tonne of product left (not for a lack of trying!). Its a beautiful bronzy plum. Its the perfect mix between a bronzer and a blush. I really like to wear this on my lazy days because the bronze part of it helps add a bit of definition to my cheeks but the plum also adds a nice flush. The price isn't at all an issue either because even though it is expensive, it will last you forever. One con is that the packaging which is totally inconvenient. Its a bulky mess, and is super difficult to store. It does make it easier if you depot it though, just be careful because the pan is a lot deeper than most and doesn't fit in a few palettes (z palette), it does fit in the unii palette though. Overall, this is a great blush, definitely worth a look.

on 3/28/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Really enjoying this blush for a natural flush. I do not use it as a bronzer, but I agree that you definitely could- I use it swept across the tops of my cheekbones as a traditional blush. The color is neutral and brown looking in the package, but it's magic on the skin- the glow it creates is hard to describe, and I don't mean that it's shimmery, because it's quite matte. It just gives a very natural, subtle coloring that I find I can wear year round, with any eye makeup.

I also own Tarte Exposed, and I do find them similar in color- but Dallas is 10x more pigmented. I don't own any other Tarte or BeneFit blushes, but in comparison, the Dallas formula seems a lot softer. When I dip my brush in, the powder breaks up and picks up on the brush quickly, so much so that I often need to tap off the excess. You definitely need to use a light hand with Dallas, whereas Exposed seems more tightly packed- I can literally swirl my blush in it and it doesn't "powder". Not saying this is good or bad- just a difference.

I said that I would repurchase, but I agree with other reviews that I doubt I will need to since it's so pigmented, and I use so little product each time.

Purchased BeneFit Dallas from a blog sale, so it arrived without the brush.

OMG one of my favorite blushes from Benefit! Im also glad I bought this before they decided to change their packaging cuz im not a big fan of the new ones. But anywaaays, this blush is the perfect glowing cheek product ever! Perfect for fall or anytime you want that glow. Looks awesome if you pack it on at night. Its one of the blushes from the line thats kinda understated and you dont hear much of. Such a unique color & goes with almost any look you do. Plus I love the scent it has & how portable it is. I dont mind the brushes that come with this bc they do come in handy for touch ups. I dont have to worry about purchasing again (since it is pricey) bc theres so much product in there! Looove Dallas so much<3

Produces a really nice blush color and can be used for contour. Only issue is with the cardboard box. I wish Benefit would come out with a magnetic compact were these can be added.

on 1/29/2012 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

my HG blush. when i first bought this product i was skeptical bc the color seems so dark. I have light skin and it ended up turning out better than i expected. It is a very buildable plum/brown color with some fine shimmers in it (dont really show up on face) and it also come with a nice flat kabuki brush. I have the new packaging with the flip magnetic top and mirror which i love. I have read here that some use it as a bronzer which i have done befor, but i find it better as a gorgeous blush Also, the SMELL. YUM. it has a light sweet flowery sent and its just yummy. i find myself opening it up just to smell it sometimes. plus, i live in texas and am moving to dallas next semester, represent! worth the money!!

on 1/25/2012 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this as my autumn, winter bronzer. It is a brown, plum colour, has great texture and is neither too matt nor too shimmery. Works perfectly with my olive toned skin. I even love the brush as it works well to sculpt underneath the cheek area. I don't like the pushy sales approach at the counters or the kind of garish packaging, but many of the products work really well.

on 1/22/2012 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Beautiful plummy-mauve color. I also own Benefit Hoola, and I find myself reaching for Dallas more (as a bronzer). I prefer pinky blushes, so I prefer to use this as a bronzer. On my fair skin it is not overpowering and I don't look orangey or overly tan, just healthy. I really like it. For the summer I switch to Benefit Hoola when I have a little more color in my face, but for winter I prefer Dallas. I wouldn't repurchase since I'm a product junkie and always have to try something new!
EDIT:
Now that it's almost summer and I don't look deathly pale I've switched to NARS Laguna for a Bronzer. I think Dallas worked better when I was so pale that any other bronzer looked unnatural. But now it is sitting sadly alone and unused : /

on 1/15/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My mom brought me beauty goodies from her trip to Harvey Nichols abroad. Out of all the make up she bought for me, I cared less about this one and never thought I'd be writing a great review of this exact product. Now, let me tell you that a couple of years ago, BeneFit is my go-to brand for all things cosmetics. They could never go wrong with me -until I first saw the lackluster color of this blush. I didn't intend to use it but one night I couldn't find my Nars orgasm so I tried this. Lo, this shade is amazing on my cheeks! I'm not a fan of bronzers or heavy blushes since I typically emphasize my eyes and/or lips whenever I wear make up but I'm not faking it when I say I heart this blush. It's been a year since and still have it. It lasts forever, but you will not get bored with it. I don't buy other blushes anymore and I carry it with me all the time! It works for me no matter where in the world I am. Don't let the pan color turn you off, dig in ladies! x

on 12/22/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This came in a trio with Dandelion and Coralista so I didn't purchase it seperately. My skin definitely has warm undertones so I'm wondering if that's why it's not working for me. Every time I try to apply it, it looks off and gross and definitely not flattering.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products