October 1, 2014 | 1182 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jenanddan79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very strange brush, with bristles that are short on one side and longer on the other. The longer bristled side of it seems to work better than the other. The thing that got me was how clumpy this stuff is. That bothers me to no end. Wouldn't purchase again. Some things are worth paying more for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I love this mascara, even without my Shiseido mascara base. HG for sure.

I purchases this product as a BOGO, based on Paula B's rave reviews, and I have to say I am very pleased with it.
It takes a little bit longer to put on, since you use the thicker side of the wand first and then the smaller side, but I really like the results. It is a bit of a drier formula too, so I don't get any on my top eyelid when applying. It doesn't provide a tonne of drama, but it's a great day mascara.
NB: I have only used this with Shiseido's mascara base, because I use that base with EVERY mascara. It is my only HG product. Therefore, I cannot comment on how this mascara looks on a bare eyelash.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bumped

Roommate picked up two of these cuz they cost a dollar each. Used one. Long side (lengthening) is a little bit clumpy. Short side (volumizing/curling) is WAY clumpy. I mean, because of the price, why not, it was worth a try, but it's not a mascara I'd enjoy using.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

So I only bought this because it was $3 for the mascara and the almay eyeliner which I know I like. The mascara itself is not bad. I hate the HUGE brush! You have to be really careful applying to bottom lashes because it is so big. Does seem clumpy but when it goes on, it is not. It's not bad for the price but I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by jekkah

Holy HG!!! I'd used L'Oreal/Maybelline mascaras for years, but one day out of the blue my L'Oreal Voluminous Definition made my eyes itch. I kept using it, thinking it was a fluke, but the itching persisted, so I decided to try Almay, and this is the best mascara I've ever used.

The brush is a little different - longer on one side than on the other - and the results are really good. I comb the longer side through my lashes and it makes them look really long and defined, and then, if I want, go over it again with the shorter side for more volume. I do have to wipe the tip of the wand with a tissue before using to avoid clumps, but that's no big deal. It stays on all day, doesn't flake, and removes easily with my normal oil cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

The reason I was venturing for a different mascara was because I found out my HG mascara Covergirl lash exact is own by P&G and they test on animals and partly also I wanted to use more natural products. I paid $7.99 for this one and I am not regretting it. It's volumizing, lengthening and easy to use. Although I must say, it's a little bit clumpy when I apply the second coat but nothing that a lash comb wouldn't take care. It leaves my lashes soft and stays on until I take it off at night. I bought the regular one, as oppose to waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by peqpatino

I bought this because it touted both lengthening and thickening. For me, all it did was clump.
Even though I wiped the brush it still deposited a lot of mascara on my eyelashes making them clump. The brush made it difficult to put the mascara on in the first place. Even though I tried it over again it still didn't work very well. After combing my lashes out to take out the clumps any effect of lengthening or thickening may have been taken away because it didn't make my eyes stand out any more than usual.
I had hoped that the nourishing effects of the mascara would be the deal maker, but the brush was too difficult to work with to even try to make it work.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by aeaeae7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this mascara because I heard it did fabulous things for curling, if nothing else. And at first I hated it. It clumped, and gooped everywhere. After a while I really got the hang of it, and I never realized at first how much of a difference it made. What I do is wipe off a lot of the product gathered on the long side of the brush and on the sides, but keep it on the stubby side. Then apply only with the long side until your almost done and just brush the short side over the very tips of your lashes. It gives me fantastic curl that HOLDS. This could infact replace my love of lashblast, but I'm not sure yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by lambinohio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmm... The other reviewers who have complained about the brush are right: unless you really wipe off the excess, it makes horrible clumps. (And I mean horrible!) I found I needed to brush out my lashes after application too. On the other hand, once you get rid of the clumps, your lashes do look really good -- thick, long and a little bit curled. A lot of mascara makes me break out in a rash, so I like Almay's hypoallergenic, easily-removable formulas. All things considered though, I think I'll stick with their lengthening version.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bronzesparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mascara for a while now and it's finally time to switch to a new one, but I still think it's a pretty good mascara. I have practically no lashes. They're short, thin, and very straight but this mascara usually manages to make them look at least pretty good which is quite an accomplishment in my case. It does clump a bit and the stiff brush means I'm always getting mascara all over the place but that's easily solved with a wet q-tip. It's easy to remove and never bothers me eyes. Overall, it's a good mascara and I'd use it again.