Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/12/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A really nice, accessible, simple cleanser that is very gentle and works well at cleaning the skin without stripping it or making it feel tight. I mention the accessibility factor because I used to use Paulas Choice products exclusively, but they closed the Australian online store for a little while, while they did refurbishments and then something that became kind of annoying to order became really nearly impossible and frustrating to order from the international site. I am not hating on Paula's Choice cleansers, I'd still use them now that the Australian site is up, but now I'm content with this cleanser doing everything I want and need at an affordable price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A little expensive, but this product helped me when I suffered from mild eczema and needed a mild cleanser on my body :) It's slippery and comes out of the bottle quickly. I don't think this was intended to be a facial cleanser, just a body cleanser for sensitive skin, so don't use it on your face!

on 11/3/2014 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

used it for about a week. irritated my already damaged skin. I was looking fr something gentle and this didnt do it.

on 10/28/2014 5:27:00 PM

I think this is too slippery for my taste.

As I haven't gotten a good clean of my face.

Very mild gentle cleanser though.

I prefer cleansing foams and salicylic acid cleansers.

on 10/27/2014 8:15:00 PM

There are very few products that I stick with for the long haul. I discovered Cetaphil five years ago when my dermatologist recommended after a particularly bad bout of adult acne. This will take off even the most stubborn long-wear foundation when I use the tissue-off method. At night, I dispense two pumps and REALLY work it into my skin. Then, I take 1-2 tissues to wipe off all the makeup. Then, I go back with one pump and use the rinse-off method. In the morning, I use one pump in the shower and rinse off using the spray.

I am in cosmetology school, and our school uses Dermalogica products (which cost an arm and a leg.) I've been using Dermalogica since I've been in school and my skin has never been worse. I went back to my tried and true Cetaphil, and all my blackheads, pustular acne, and hormonal acne has completely disappeared! I will never stray from Cetaphil ever again!

Keep in mind that Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is NOT a foaming cleanser. They have a bar "soap" that foams up if you like the bubbles, but I love the fact that this product only has 8 ingredients. The bar works just as well and is what I use to cleanse my body in the shower.

PROs:
- Gentle on skin
- Takes off long-wearing foundations
- Removes waterproof mascara
- Multiple ways to use this cleanser
- Cost effective
- Offered almost anywhere (Big-box chains, pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.)

CONs:
- Texture is off-putting (It looks like a specific male bodily fluid, if you catch my drift.)
- Does not work like a traditional cleanser

on 10/26/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is something I would only recommend if your skin was extremely sensitive. It didn't do much for my skin. The texture and scent just reminded me of a hand soap and not a cleanser. It was difficult to bubble and I was just not impressed with the product overall. However, if you just want a light and sensitive cleanser for everyday, then I definitely do recommend this product.

on 10/21/2014 5:19:00 PM

I have combination skin with rosacea and this is the best cleanser for my skin. It truly is the HG of cleansers for me and I have tried almost every product out there. Although it feels light it is great at removing makeup, dirt and oil from your skin without drying it. I love the pump and it lasts a long time.

on 10/19/2014 5:16:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Hasn't broke me out, or made my acne worse. It helps very much and it is so gentle! I use it every night and some mornings, and it really helps clean my face without over- drying. My face is VERY Acne prone, and breaks out to nearly anything. This however, does not make me break out. :)

on 10/18/2014 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I heard good things about this for years and finally decided to give it a try. I was not impressed. I had to wash my face two to three times to get all my make up off with this. I really prefer the philosophy purity made simple cleanser.

My dermatologist recommended this cleanser and I'm glad I followed the advice. I have dry, sensitive skin (swelling can occur) and I'm acne-prone but this cleanser has done nothing to irritate my skin. It has stopped most pimples (I'm down to occasionally having a breakout of around 3) and I no longer have scars lasting 3-5 months (1 month top). Really recommend this to people with sensitive and acne-prone skin.