September 16, 2014 | 2009 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say this product is OK.. I don't know what's so good about it, I mean like it is a decent product but not like WOWW.. Ya know what I mean rite. My dermatologist recommends this and said her other patients saw improvements.. Well it leaves my face clean but not tight. I don't use it everyday cuz it has built in moisturiser in it so it is not my acne's best friend but just acquaintance. I think this is too dry for my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I have acne prone skin so I don't use this all the time as it would do nothing to combat my blemishes. I do love using this when my AHA cleansers are feeling a little overpowering and I need a day off of them. I like using this a lot in the shower too. I let it sit on my face for about 5 minutes as it loosens up my make up, then I use my Olay pro x spin brush to get in there and get all the make up off. It works perfectly. So gentle and soft on my skin. I feel like if I had blemish free skin this would be my cleanser all the time. It's super cheap too and at every walmart, target, walgreens, etc..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for about 3-4+ years now, and I have yet to find anything as gentle and effective as this. I really like it, I use it twice a day, one in my shower in the morning, and once to wash off my make up at night. I don't use waterproof/longwearing foundation or blush or concealer, so it doesn't seem to have any trouble getting my makeup off besides my mascara which I use eye makeup remover on anyway.

Great basic cleanser, have repurchased MANY times!
Would recommend.

EDIT: After using this product for over 6 years, I have found it no longer works for me causes blackheads, and causes a slight burning sensation in my skin. I switched a month and a half ago to Queen Helene Cleansing Cream, and find it accomplishing everything Cetaphil never did. I will continue using Cetaphil as a wash for my legs after shaving, but other than that, I do not think I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by catlink664

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my make up brushes. Normally get it at costco. Gently enough

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Lubby89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this product and decided to try it since I have dry sensitive skin and I was disappointed. It's like cleaning your face with lotion and doesn’t remove makeup not that I even wear a lot of makeup and I used a makeup remover before cleaning my face with this and still not impressed.
I also noticed this product also made my face shiny even though I have dry skin somehow it made me have shiny oil skin. I also found out it contains parabens! I dont know why everyone likes this product? Not sure, but everyone’s skin is different and for me this product did not work and I will not buy again or recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by 3MariaM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for 3 years just because I cannot find any gentle facial cleanser out in the market. I started using this as it was recommended by my sister who is a nurse. A week ago, as I read in the internet, we need to watch out the ingredients that we put in our face so I tried reading it and behold, other ingredients that people say you need to avoid are anything that say parabens are dangerous to skin, and I saw it in this product. I just bought a whole new 12oz bottle. I will consume it but after that I probably be switching to Neutrogena Cleanser which does not have any parabens on its ingredients!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Hairproductaddict

I have eczema and hence have very sensitive skin. I decided to try this product after I ran out of my usual Sebamed cleanser.

But after one use, my skin itches quite bad and become slightly reddish. At first I thought it is the warm weather that triggers my eczema, but it still itches after the second and third use. My sister has the same condition as I am, but her body reacted even worse with this product. Her skin itches horribly.

I am not taking anymore chances with this product. Oh, and only after using it that I realized... That this product contains SLS and alcohol, which are known triggers for sensitive skin. How can they market to be dermatologically tested for sensitive skin?

My advice to people who are suffering from eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis who have the intention of trying this product, get a sample to try it first before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by daniellecwz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This face wash is so simple and gentle on my face and the price is amazing for the amount of product they give you. It did help my skin feel smoother and clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG cleanser. I have tried so many high and lower end cleansers and virtually all of them irritated my skin in some way. This product comes in a pump bottle which I like for the obvious hygienic reasons. One pump is all I need to cleanse. I don't expect this product to remove eye or face makeup, I just use it to cleanse. It has no fragrance and has the consistency of a very runny cream-gel. It does not foam I just gently massage it in small circular motions after wetting my skin. After rinsing with water, my skin feels clean and fresh. I have normal to slightly dry skin and I have been using this exclusively for close to seven months. This soap-free cleanser seems to soothe my skin. I have very mild rosacea (flushing when I use a fragranced product or one with irritating ingredients). I bought a 16 oz. pump bottle for approximately $12 and I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sharonstar1212

I lovee this cleanser ! its soo gentle on my acne prone skin and it doesnt leave a film. You just have to use circular motions and it does wonders. The price is ok I guess.