Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/27/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't help in my late teens when my skin was oily, but ten years later, my skin is drier, stretchier, and continues to be plagued by painful acne - and Cetaphil now works well for it. Foaming cleansers dry out my skin so much that I am literally left in pain. I still have to follow up Cetaphil with a moisturiser post-haste, but it's markedly better than other cleansers. It doesn't work wonders on my acne but doesn't worsen it.

It is not a makeup remover so can't be judged by the parameters of one. Use a separate remover and then finish up with this, and you're all good.

on 12/26/2014 11:13:00 PM

This product to me is not that great and this is just my opinions people have theirs. It don't like the way it feels and I don't like the way it smells either. All I am saying is you can try it for yourself or you can not if you are picky. If you are picky about what you get then no if you are not hen yes you should get this product. The only reason I tried it. Was because I forgot mine I was staying at my grandmothers and she uses this product. I tried it I did not really like it at all!!!!!!

on 12/24/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't bad ... But it isn't wonderful either. Basically, this product does nothing to my face. Okay, it probably helped in cleaning because I use it 2-3 times a day, but it does absolutely no help in helping to clear up my face. I have a lot of acne on my face, but this doesn't helps to clear it. I have been using this for about 3 months or so, if there should be any effect, it should have kicked in by now. I'm fine using it because I feel that this does help me to clean my face (grime etc)but just not clean it to the extend that my pimples will fade. Plus, my mother bought a huge bottle for me, so it can probably last for another 4-6 more months. I'll most likely try something else when it runs out, so no, I'll most likely not be repurchasing.

on 12/23/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This cleanser feels so dreamy on my skin. Whenever I would use a foaming cleanser on my dry skin, my face felt like it was so tight that I couldn't move it. The consistency of this is almost like a lotion, which my skin loves. I love this cleanser and will continue to repurchase over and over again :) never broke me out or gave me any kind of reaction. Love it!!

on 12/21/2014 12:08:00 PM

Way too gentle and mild for my combination-oily skin.
I would use this in a pinch if it's the only available facial wash, but I really prefer my washes to be a bit foamy.

on 12/21/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This stuff is incredible. I have gone through multiple bottles of this and would go as far to call this my skin's saving grace.

For reference, I have horridly sensitive skin - when I try new skin products, nine out of ten times I will be left with a strange rubbery feeling on my skin that basically acts as a warning sign (don't use this again! This will mean bad things for your skin!) and I have come to find a skincare routine in which none of the products leave that feeling. One of such products is this wonderful cleanser.

This cleanser has no scent whatsoever and does NOT leave my skin feeling dry - in fact, it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple. That said, I do like to apply moisturiser immediately after I rinse this off and pat my face dry (just in case).

I HIGHLY recommend this, especially to those with sensitive skin who have had trouble finding a cleanser that doesn't make their face feel horrible. I hope it does for you what it does for me.

on 12/20/2014 8:02:00 PM

I always always have a bottle of this on hand. This is super gentle on my skin, I can rub it straight into my eyes and it wouldnt sting haha (huge pet peeve of mine is when a cleanser stings the sh** out of my eyes, who wants to deal with that every night?). Use this with or without water, it will cleanse your face of dirt/oil but still leave it fresh and hydrated.

As another reviewer stated PLEASE DO NOT rate this badly because it didn't remove your makeup. This is NOT a makeup removing cleanser, its a gentle skin cleanser. That is all.

I remove my makeup with a makeup remover before cleansing with cetaphil.

Cetaphil description and directions from bottle and website
"Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a mild, non-irritating formulation that soothes skin as it cleans. In fact, it's gentle enough for a baby's delicate skin. Designed specifically to work for all skin types, it is a simple, yet highly effective way to care for your skin.
• Our best-seller and fan favorite
• As gentle as it gets — soothes and cleanses, leaving skin smooth and soft
• Mild, soap-free formula cleanses without irritation — it won’t strip skin of its natural protective oils or emollients
• Moisturizes without leaving residue that can clog pores
• Good for special skin needs including those of rosacea-prone skin

Directions for use without water: Apply a liberal amount of cleanser to the skin and rub gently. Remove excess with a soft cloth, leaving a thin film on the skin.

Directions for use with water: Apply cleanser to the skin and rub gently. Rinse. "

***NOTE: Nowhere does it state that its meant for makeup removal.

on 12/15/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I rub it on my pimple and the next day the pimple is gone. I will continue to buy this

on 12/15/2014 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product when I was around 13-14 and just starting to get pimples, and it worked really well then, keeping my skin nice and clean and getting rid of them. Now however, it simply doesn't do anything for my skin which has matured, and albeit it is very gentle which is a good thing, but I'd rather spend money on something which wouldn't just moisturise but clear blemishes too (hence I invested in a decleor cleanser, which is awesome!). Therefore I gave it a 3, because it's good for some and not that good for others. Plus it doesn't break me out which I like. This is the sort of cleanser I'd probably use if mine ran out and I didn't have a spare. The packaging is really nice, the pump is great and if you press is lightly a perfect amount comes out. 4 lippies for the price because it's a decent price.

on 12/14/2014 11:28:00 AM

Great product; I use it for both my body and face. Since it has a moisturizing quality to it, I love how my skin feels afterwards.

As far as removing makeup at night, it's great for me as I do not wear a whole lot. But for those needing an AM facial cleanser (assuming makeup is already removed), this will do the trick.

This 'no frills' cleanser is also gentle, and without any offensive odors. I have sensitive skin so it's perfect!

Video Reviews & Tutorials