September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought a big (200ml) tub of this from ebay for just 5!! its a nice body butter if you like the more subtle smells-you have to really smell in the tub to pick up any scent, the scent gets a tiny bit stronger when applied and warmed up on your skin, its a slight sweet nutty smell, i personally wish it smelt stronger. the moisturising properties of this are good, its like solid 'butter' in the tub but it melts on contact with your skin. x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SparklenGlitter

One of my favourite body butters to date. I stayed away from this for the longest time because I thought it'd be boring and that the fruity scents were always more fun. When I tested it out of curiosity, I was blown away by the pleasant, sweet smell. It's so yummy, I love putting it on and don't have to worry about it coming off as weird/funky like the satsuma body butter. Consistency is a little bit less liquidy than the other butters, but it still works well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

i always saw this in the stores but always avoided buying it because it seemed boring compared to the other ones. however i bought the lip butter and it was delicious so i thought i would buy the body butter and i was not disappointed!
it's a sweet, nutty, lovely smell. it reminds me of cake-mix. the smell is admittedly a little subtler than some of the others but this is probably my favourite one, because it really does smell like the nut itself, but is still so sweet and yummy.
the moisture i have not found a problem with, it does the job. my skin never feels dry after using it. i sometimes reapply on my hands, but i tend to do that with every moisturiser.
i would definitely try this!
~

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by twistedlogic

The smell of this butter is effing DIVINE. But the product itself it useless on my skin, it doesn't moisturise at all, it just lies there as an oily layer of delicious smell (that fades way too quickly). So basically I have a small tub of this that I never use, but smell whenever I want a little mood pick-me-up.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Lanab8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was all excited when I purchased this from the Body Shop! I am very disappointed about the scent it isn't as powerful as I think it should be. I will not purchase again! I rather buy from Bath & Body Works.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

Pros: *Smells like yummy cake batter
*Moisturizes for a few minutes....

Cons:*The main "pro" - the scent - is very faint and doesn't last for more than a few minutes.
*This moisturizes my dry skin for about 30 minutes. By the end of the day it's so dry it's 'papery' - which isn't normal.
*$20 for a small tub that might last a month.

If you have dry skin, this *might* work for you. But for me, my 2 other HG's for dry Winter skin: *Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion* and *Baby Oil Gel mixed w/ lotion* both work 10x better than this at less than 1/2 the cost. I would recommend that anyone try those first before taking a trip to The Body Shop and shelling out $20 for this butter.

Would not repurchase.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the scent of this, i only use it when my skin gets really dry because it tend to be really oily and sticky, the body shop makes wonderful products you can't go wrong...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite Body Shop butter. I take it with me on holiday and slather it on after sun bathing, especially my legs. I even put some on my hair before going to the beach for protection. My hair is silky and healthy after all the swimming. I also gave a pot to my grandmother who uses it on her face and body and swears by it. She is now on her 5th pot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Body shop convert! I love love love this product. I tried buying a generic body butter from wal-mart before I decided to splure and pay the $20 for this stuff. The generic stuff just does not cut it! The generic is plasticy and you get a workout just trying to rub it into your skin.

This stuff on the other hand feels like butter, but even softer! Yes its thick, but not in a nasty greasy way. doesn't leave a film on your skin, not soo oily that it takes a long time to dry down.

smell is heavenly. this smells so good after a shower, that i havent even been using my perfumes as much. just clean, nutty, and warm. keeps my skin hydrated for hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by nikarina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and was pleasantly surprised. The smell is nice, not as nutty as I'd hoped though.
I love the moisturizing qualities however was dissappointed by the fact that the scent doesn't stay on your skin for too long.. thats one lippie off.

Overall a nice product in which you will NOT be dissappointed in the moisturizing quality.