April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lovemymakeup88

I wore this foundation for a few months.

Pros:
    I think this makeup gives great full coverage.
    It lasts all day.
    It looks pretty natural.
    It feels very comfortable on my skin I forget im wearing it.
    It does not tranfer onto my cloths or other people.
    It is very cheap.

Cons:
    It makes me break out horrible with systic acne.
    It is incredibly hard to get off( I have to wash my face twice and use a toner to get it all off).
    It does not allow me to blend my makeup such as blush and brozer smoothly over it but instead leave it streaky and unnatural looking.
    Too many colors have pink undertones and dont work for my NC35-37 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by xkayx

I always try out new foundation because I'm on the search for my HG. But I always end up using this foundation again. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love that it covers very well. Mind you I have a lot of acne and acne scarring so I need full coverage. This foundation is a medium to full coverage I would say. I still need to cover my blemishes with concealer. What I don't like is how you have to work very fast to blend it in. It does look cakey on me but hey I was blessed with combination/oily skin with acne all over so I doubt any foundation would look good on my skin :( but it does the job of covering. It does last on my oily skin for most of the day. I still need to touch up once or twice a day... Oh and its very hard to wash it all off at night. I would recommend washing your face with something that will help take it all off. Or else you'll breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by palomadiaz0919

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this make up, been using it since I started using cover up, and when I try to switch I am never satisfy. only problem I had was if I got combination/oily skin it would basically slide off my face. but if I get combination/dry skin I could go to wrestling practice and come out with it still on, never broke out. I rly recommend this if wanting to cover redness scars or dark under eyes. you come out with new skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by DarianS24

I just got this about 2 weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far! I have very oily skin and this foundation helps a LOT! I don't get oily. I even forgot to powder it yesterday when I wore it and I still didn't get oily. Miracle! The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the packaging! There's no pump :( Other than that, great foundation!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by LauraOrduz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this foundation. I think that you MUST moisturize your skin before applying it because I tend to get a lot of dry spots after a blemish and it looks really bad in those areas, especially around my mouth where my skin is absurdly dry, but it is amazing. My nose is really oily and it is not absolutely mattifying there, but it has an amazing lasting power and with some powder it will stay on just forever:

PROS:
    -lasting power
    -coverage
    -mattifying

CONS:
    -terrible on dry spots
    -packaging

UPDATE
    I am absolutely hating this foundation! It breaks me out like nothing so I stopped using it and one day I really needed a full coverage foundation so I was left with no choice but to wear it and that same night my face was covered up in blemishes. I swear that one I'm done with it I won't repurchase it ever again...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Emilken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best make up I've ever used! Extremly durable and you can choose from a variety of shades. I have very light skin tone and often have a problem with the selection of powders, fluids, make ups etc. Worse products frequently change colurs into some strange yellow shade which look uggly on my face. This - ColorStay- has a good colour and it takes more hours untill I beginn shinig ;) Application isn't good. It is just glass bottle, it would be much better if they add some pump to it or solve this problem some other way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by poisonivy08

what i love:
    - staying power is unbeatable, no need for primers and topping it with powder
    - buildable
    -provides full coverage ..even acne marks
    -very affordable

what i dislike:
    - no pump
    - the scent

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJayne12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Loved this product for my very oily skin as it kept me matte throughout the day and did not oxidize at all!

I've used a brush and fingers while applying this product, and while I hate using my fingers that method worked the best
    This foundation was definitely VERY blendable (mostly when I hear about this product people would say how it dried so fast in certain places)
    I have the colour Buff and it was flawless on my light skin and gave an awesome amount of coverage and lasting power was excellent
    The formula that I got was on the thicker side which I like the best (some videos the product was very runny)
    Price was $16 (the most I've ever spent on a drugstore foundation) but it was worth it
    People stop freaking out that it has no pump!
    Great product and I am soooo happy that I bought it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i wanted to try a new foundation and i read on the bottle it stays for 24hrs. i do like the foundation because the coverage is excellent but it is really hard to blend and dries very quickly i recommend putting a translucent powder because it melts easy especially in warm weather. i would maybe buy this again but i will keep searching for different brands . i dont like the packaging though i wish there could be. a pump to apply easier and it does smell like a weird chemical paint smell

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one foundation that i honestly don't understand the hype about. I bought mine in 'buff' for oily/combination skin and i dont get what the fuss is about? It went on a liiiittle chalky and was like any other foundation I've used, it didn't cover anything that well and started to go oily after a few hours for me, completely overrated in my opinion.