Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7.3%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua Eau (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

I just got this about 2 weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far! I have very oily skin and this foundation helps a LOT! I don't get oily. I even forgot to powder it yesterday when I wore it and I still didn't get oily. Miracle! The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the packaging! There's no pump :( Other than that, great foundation!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am absolutely in love with this foundation. I think that you MUST moisturize your skin before applying it because I tend to get a lot of dry spots after a blemish and it looks really bad in those areas, especially around my mouth where my skin is absurdly dry, but it is amazing. My nose is really oily and it is not absolutely mattifying there, but it has an amazing lasting power and with some powder it will stay on just forever:

PROS:
-lasting power
-coverage
-mattifying

CONS:
-terrible on dry spots
-packaging

UPDATE
I am absolutely hating this foundation! It breaks me out like nothing so I stopped using it and one day I really needed a full coverage foundation so I was left with no choice but to wear it and that same night my face was covered up in blemishes. I swear that one I'm done with it I won't repurchase it ever again...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best make up I've ever used! Extremly durable and you can choose from a variety of shades. I have very light skin tone and often have a problem with the selection of powders, fluids, make ups etc. Worse products frequently change colurs into some strange yellow shade which look uggly on my face. This - ColorStay- has a good colour and it takes more hours untill I beginn shinig ;) Application isn't good. It is just glass bottle, it would be much better if they add some pump to it or solve this problem some other way.

what i love:
- staying power is unbeatable, no need for primers and topping it with powder
- buildable
-provides full coverage ..even acne marks
-very affordable

what i dislike:
- no pump
- the scent

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Loved this product for my very oily skin as it kept me matte throughout the day and did not oxidize at all!

I've used a brush and fingers while applying this product, and while I hate using my fingers that method worked the best
This foundation was definitely VERY blendable (mostly when I hear about this product people would say how it dried so fast in certain places)
I have the colour Buff and it was flawless on my light skin and gave an awesome amount of coverage and lasting power was excellent
The formula that I got was on the thicker side which I like the best (some videos the product was very runny)
Price was $16 (the most I've ever spent on a drugstore foundation) but it was worth it
People stop freaking out that it has no pump!
Great product and I am soooo happy that I bought it

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

so i wanted to try a new foundation and i read on the bottle it stays for 24hrs. i do like the foundation because the coverage is excellent but it is really hard to blend and dries very quickly i recommend putting a translucent powder because it melts easy especially in warm weather. i would maybe buy this again but i will keep searching for different brands . i dont like the packaging though i wish there could be. a pump to apply easier and it does smell like a weird chemical paint smell

This is one foundation that i honestly don't understand the hype about. I bought mine in 'buff' for oily/combination skin and i dont get what the fuss is about? It went on a liiiittle chalky and was like any other foundation I've used, it didn't cover anything that well and started to go oily after a few hours for me, completely overrated in my opinion.

Absolutely love this. Was torn between estee lauder double wear and this but wanted to start cheap!

I have so many blemishes, cystic acne (nice) blackheads and mega pores.
I've tried True Match, Infalliable, Rimmel Colour Match, Collection Skin Perfecting, Bare Minerals, No7 Stay Perfect, Pan Stik. I am 27 so have been through the mill looking for the right base. This is it. Well, my HG foundation is now this AND Max Factor pan stik for the more stubborn spots.

I am Mac NC20 with pink AND yellow tones, NC20 borders on too dark TBH. I chose BUFF and this is a lovely shade. If my tan increases I mix in a touch of Healthy Mix in a darker shade.

I started applying this with a beauty blender but now I use clean fingers. It dries to a nice slight sheen, and I powder over with corn starch! (Yes, really!)

I know when you want something that works you can review all of the MUA posts and get v confused but for me - adult acne, oily skin that can dry out in patches, quite pale, likes medium-full coverage - this is a real star product.

Do give it a go. xx

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is fantastic! Having reallllyyyy oily skin, I had been looking for a good foundaion for ages... and this works amazingly. It stays put all day, and keeps my face shine-free through the night! My only complaint would be the coloring. The lightest is too light for me, one shade up is too dark.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:

1. Great finish. It doesn't look like you have make up on, except for after just applying. Once it melts into your skin, however, it looks just like skin. The longer you wear this, the more it looks natural, which is the opposite of most make up (the longer you wear them, the more they begin looking unnatural and obvious).

2. Great colors! I found my match by swatching them in the store (SHHHHHHH, don't tell anyone!) and I had no trouble. The color matched my face perfectly, which is odd because there's so many different undertones and skin colors in this big, beautiful, world of ethnic variety. Yet, the color matched me perfectly.

3. Two different formulas: one for oily/combo skin and one for dry skin. I've tried them both. Because I'm adventurous like that.

Cons:

1.Made my skin break out. Sometimes it takes my very sensitive skin a while to have a reaction, sometimes it doesn't. I wore this for about a month, and didn't have any issues (unless I failed to get allllll the make up off of my face. Then pores became a bit clogged). After that month, I began breaking out in cystic acne. I scientifically eliminated the culprit down to this make up.

2. Extremely difficult for me to remove at night. With the gain of godly lasting power, one must sacrifice the ease of washing off. My normal face scrub (St. Ives Apricot) wouldn't get this off. I ended up using coconut oil to get it off (great eye make up remover) and then washing my face with scrub. This got most of the make up off, but not all. I imagine a face brush like Clarisonic or Olay would do the job if you added that into the type of routine I was using (make up remover plus face wash).

3. Packaging. I know this is EVERYWHERE in the Revlon Colorstay complaint world. But, I can't be thorough without mentioning it. This only bothered me moderately. I simply shook the formula up (says on the packing that it separates so you have to shake it every time), pour some out on the back of my hand, and apply. Not too big of a deal, I just felt like my hand was soaking up product and it was going to waste because my hands are sexy as is.

Comments:

This was a great make up, and I was willing to compromise with it and make it work because I had never found something so compatible with me, and with what I dreamt my foundation in shining armor should be.However, we had to break up because my skin has a bad reaction to this.

As I stated above, I've tried both formulas. I have oily skin, but my store was out of the oily/combo formula so I bought the normal/dry skin formula. I used it for about 3 weeks. I liked it. I used the oily skin formula for 2 weeks, and then on again, off again after that because I wanted to see if it was breaking me out. Then I tried the dry skin on again, off again to see if that would break me out. Both of them cause cystic acne. The only discernible difference I found between the formulas on me is that the dry skin emphasizes flakiness around current blemishes more so than the oily formula.

I have also used Double Wear foundation, and this is basically the same as Double Wear. So if you use DW and want a cheaper alternative, USE THIS. You won't regret it. I think the color matching is better with Revlon.

I believe they are coming out with a new bottle that includes a pump. But, there's a catch (isn't there always?). The bottles with pumps now contain a different reformulated formula. Haha, "reformulated formula". Anyways, be aware of this bitter-sweet fact.

Reference:

I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have a pale complexion with golden/yellow undertones. I'm basically derived from all the European Snow People (Norwegian, Dutch, Irish). My shade in both formulas was 150 Buff.