December 21, 2014 | 893 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer did not work for me. It was quite expensive considering it did not cover my blue/dark circles under my eyes. The consistency is very oily and the product slides and does not stay put, when I was trying to apply it qiht my finger tips gently dabbing it does not sink in or stay on the surface of the skin, maybe you have to use powder on top? However for the high price tag it should work just fine on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by 4makeupreviews

This is one of the best concealers I have used. It stays on all day (although I use a translucent powder over it) and it blends easily with my skin. It is super creamy, so it's perfect for the dry, under-eye area. My only complaint is that sometimes it seeps into the little lines under my eyes if I've been smiling a lot. I would probably buy this again, but not if I found something that wouldn't make lines under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

This is one of my top 3 undereyes concealers. I used to like Benefit Erase Paste but it would melt away through the hot summer days. Plus, Laura Mercier's color range is better than Erase Paste. This concealer stays surprisingly well in 100F weather. The staying power is great, lasts 6 to 8 hours when you set it with translucent powder. The concealer is creamy and blends easily. You only need a little bit to cover dark circles. It provides a heavy coverage but not does not have a "thick" feeling. I have a relatively dry eye area but this does not cake up or shows fine lines like Bobbi Brown concealer and corrector.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sabbles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is everything that Benefit's Erase Paste claims to be, but isn't. It covers dark circles wonderfully, and it has a creamy, even, consistency. Most importantly, this concealer does not accentuate fine lines and wrinkles. My advice: use a bit of powder to "set" the concealer and you will be good to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by rebecafialho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this it's not the best concealer I've tried so far but it's good.
It's creamy and a bit thick but covers well, the problem is that you have to re-apply it after a few hours because it wears off.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer for my under eyes. It creases much less than any other concealer I have tried. I also like the fact that the colours are peachy-toned, so it takes care of my dark circles. Its my favourite under eye concealer atm! Will update if that changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sholden

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. It's very creamy and applies easily. Blends in well and doesn't cake. What else can you ask for in an under eye concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyinterrupted89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased Laura Mercier's secret concealer pot in SC4 in frustration for failing to make Secret Camouflage work for me.

My first impression at the counter was that the pot was compact and travel-friendly. However, the initial negative was its packaging--it's a pot which isn't terribly hygienic as the product is designed for the eye area.
I have very sensitive eyes, but at the time, I thought the packaging would force me to use my new travel brushes. Shame on me for that line of thought! Essentially, I purchased the product while in the final year at college; I was much too lazy to wash my brushes every night in order to use the concealer every day. If anything, the tired-eye appearance seemed to garner sympathy from professors, hehe!

Back to the product itself: this is a lovely, emollient and creamy 'correcting' concealer. With my shade, I get a Bobbi Brown peach corrector affect with less jarring light reflecting qualities; there is enough yellow in the color blend, which allows for effective concealing.

At a reasonable $22, you would get a lot of use out of this product simply because a little goes a very long way.
However, this leads me to another iffy point about the product. In the morning after a long night of studying, I'm tempted to over apply concealer. Also, at first, it appears to have build able coverage without heinous caking. That is the not the case (like with most concealers) after a couple of hours depending on your skin type.

At the end of the day, this is a great product if you use it well and properly. Perhaps lazy and stressed college seniors should consider something like Lancome magi complete, YSL touche éclat or Estee Lauder's double wear. I certainly will as I can try and be more conscientious in other areas of my make-up (now that I have the time and inclination to wear it, lol!).

Last thoughts related to skin sensitivity are that it did burn my eyes quite badly when I accidentally got a smidgen into my water-line. That confirmed that I'll return to square one when I finish the pot!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really disappointed in Laura Mercier products, especially this concealer. This has no staying power. It comes completely off after a couple of hours and my eyeliner smears even more when I use this! TERRIBLE!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by counterlydefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

i use this only for spot concealer since it's a little too thick for my under eye circles. does not last the entire day, but provides good coverage. will fade away by the end of the day even with a good primer.