July 30, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by wondrfull1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I grabbed this on whim yesterday and I'm so glad I did. I went to Nordstrom with some Back2Mac empties and had every intention of picking up a new red shade to add to my collection. I wanted Lady Danger, but found out it was only available at the MAC freestanding store. I didn't see any other reds I wanted, but See Sheer suddenly caught my eye.

I swatched it and thought that I must have ten colors like this, but I got it anyway. Once I got home and put it on my lips I realized I'd found my new favorite every day lipstick. The closest colors I have to it in my collection are Made to Order (now my OLD favorite every day color) and Ravishing. Ravishing is definitely more opaque since it's a Cremesheen. It's also a little bit lighter than See Sheer and more orange-coral. Made to Order and See Sheer are both Lustres, so they are buildable and more moisturizing than many of the other formulas. See Sheer is a pinker, less frosty Made to Order. It's also more flattering on my warm, fair, slightly freckly skin tone. I love that it's sheer enough that I can put it on without even looking in the mirror, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good shade to wear to work everyday. It's natural and very flattering on my Asian skin (pale with pink undertones). It doesn't last too long so you may need to keep applying to your lips after drinking and eating. It goes on smooth and silky.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECTED VIVA GLAM CYINDI TO BE! its a BEAUTIFUL reddish coral color! i have super pigmented lips and u see this color perfectly! its very moisturizing and yes, sheer.
EDIT: ive gave this an extra star, making it a perfect 5. ive been using it like every single day, no lie. my new hg lipstick! i L O V E it! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by nonliquet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

On my pigmented lips, See Sheer shows up as a reddish-coral that brightens up my (NC37-42) olive-tan complexion. Great shade to have especially during the summer. I usually wear it with an understated bronze eye and a peachy-brown blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lipsticks in my collection--it's the perfect light coral that adds enough color to your face without being overwhelming. It's not super-pigmented, but somewhat sheer, and a very good everyday lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sweetstef24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my everyday lipstick! It's a very pretty coral lipstick that you can wear everyday. It has better staying power than my other Lustre lipsticks. I'm also glad that it isn't a limited edition lipstick because I plan on purchasing it again. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by sweetstef24

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

So gorgeous! It's a corally colour, not red on my lips. It's subtle yet enough to brighten up the entire face. It's the colour I have been looking for!
Great for everyday colour pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favourite lippy this summer! For a devoted plum fan this pinky peach - or peachy pick, however you want to look at it, it's hard to tell! - is amazing on my naturally pinky pigmented lips.

The MAC website describes it as a "pinked grapefruit" kind of colour. I would agree with some MUAers who called it a muted coral.

I've been wearing it during the day (usually to my classes) because it gives just a nice pop of colour without looking made up. It looks great on an overall made-up face, but I've been finding I like to wear it with nothing other than a peachy blush for a soft, natural, summery look.

It doesn't have the longest staying power because it is quite creamy (hence, quite moisturizing!), but I really don't mind reapplying thorughout the day if I need to. Has the signature MAC vanilla scent to it.

I hope they don't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jubez

I am not a big fan of corals on my lips but this is the perfect muted coral. Because MAC releases so may collections in a year, the permanent line often gets left in the shadows. This is a Lustre (one of my favorite formulas) so it is nice and creamy and moisturizing. This is what I wanted Jazzed or Ever Hip to look like (those were too orangey-pink) because it doesn't make me look orange. It is the perfect blend of a deep coral with reddish undertones.