December 22, 2014 | 1630 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Precious Posy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the blush I go to when I'm feeling cute! :) It's a super cute, youthful shade - a peachy pink that's similar to NARS Orgasm, but more subtle and less shimmery. And it has a real functioning, good quality sable brush that goes with it - unlike other blushes that come with cheap little plastic/synthetic brushes. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I love this blush! I feel a little guilty paying this much( $19) for a blush because I normally don't wear blush. Somehow blush just don't look right on my face. Either it's wrong color or I apply it wrong. However, if you wear blush and you have light/medium skin with yellow undertone like me, buy this ! This is the most flattering blush I've ever tried on me. I also love the brush that it came with. It's so soft and pretty decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG blush for years. It's a beautiful shade of pink with bits of gold shimmer (although it doesn't really show up on your skin so can be worn for day/night & suitable for most age groups). I use this blush daily and it is very pigmented so you don't need much product for full effect. That being said, I have been using the same blush compact for OVER a year (yes, I know I should toss it based on makeup 'expiration' dates..lol) and I'm just now hitting the pan (already purchased my PP replacement). So ladies, it costs $19 but based on how long it has lasted me, I say it's money well invested. I've used a few DS blush in the past that only last me a few months due to insignificant color payoff leading me to use more product. This blush goes great with my NC20 (fair with yellow undertones) skin tone but I can imagine it going well with most skin tones. The shimmer also adds a nice, healthy glow. The compact is very pretty and sleek & comes with a decent brush, although I prefer to use my own. I've haven't tried Orgasm nor would I anytime soon---if it isn't broke, why fix it? I will continued to purchase for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my makeup done at a Clinique counter, and the MUA used this on me. I was so smitten with the color and how it gave my face a beautiful glow that I bought it right away, despite the high price tag. Unfortunately, I haven't quite mastered how to apply this blush in that glowing, beautiful way... so Precious Posy sits at the bottom of my makeup bag. I need to practice applying this; it's such a pretty color, and it looks so lovely on fair skin if you know how to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by hediandthejellyfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the longest debate deciding whether to get this or not. Just by looking at the colour of Precious Posy online, I was smitten. I mean, seriously, how can a colour get prettier than this? The cutest shade of light pink with a bit of peach/coral. So so pretty.

But a pan of powder for $25? But isn't that what a blush is?

In the end, I gave in and bought it. I have brought a few Clinique things before, but the packaging of this was spectacular. Clear plastic case, generously big mirror inside, mirrored top (eek, fingerprints), and a decent brush (haven't really used it). Felt heavy in the hand, definitely looked high-quality.

At first I wasn't terribly impressed with the blush itself. The colour was what I imagined it to be, but the pigmentation wasn't the same as the pigmentation of those more-than-one-swipe=clown blushes I used before. The colour didn't look spectacular on me either, so I sort of put it in the back of my stash and hoped one day I will change my mind.

Recently, I picked this up again and realized that this should be used more as a radiance-powder kind of thing. It's sooo finely-milled with a medium pigmentation, meaning that it takes a few swipes to get the right amount of colour. When you do get the right amount, apply it generously to the cheeks and really blend it out, it brings some warmth and really lights up the complexion. I really like the pigmentation of this once I got used to it. It's so nice and finely milled, giving a sheer finish that's hard to mess up.

I debate whether I would purchase this again, because of the price and because I don't use it everyday. I have quite a few light-pink blushes in my stash to last me a while. That being said, I'll probably buy this again once I finish my first, which will take a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by xfallenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is most definitely my HG blush. I have tried so, so many blushers on the market, but always, always go back to my Precious Posy.
Precious Posy is a beautiful peachy colour with slight gold flecks in it. The blush is pigmented so you don't need to apply over and over again to get any colour. I have a medium skin tone and it's extremely flattering on me. The sales assistant that sold this to me originally was extremely dark skinned and this looked beautiful on her too, so I imagine this blush could work on most skin tones.
The packaging is fairly standard for blushers. I do love the mirrored lid though. Come's in handy if you ever forget your mirror compact or need a mirror. As usual the brush provided isn't great, but to be fair is slightly better than most brushes provided. Price. It is expensive, but this blush will last you a long, long time so is well worth the money! x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG blush. I have very pale, lightly freckled skin with medium blonde hair and blue eyes. This blush is the perfect shade for my skin tone for every day wear, as well as night wear. It is a peachy pink colour, with tiny gold reflecting particles in it and looks very natural on my skin tone. It does not appear heavy and wears all day. To use, I recommend swirling a medium sized powder brush in the blush fairly vigorously (I use Lancome travel size powder brush) and tapping off the excess. I then dust it lightly on the apples of my cheeks up to my temples, on the tip of my nose, my chin, and over my jaw bones for a natural, slightly flushed look. I have sensitive skin and find this does not irritate and sets my foundations really well (cannot wear powder as I find this clogs my skin). This would probably suit darker skinned girls and girls with olive-toned skin as well, and will give a peachy glow. I got this as a sample in a GWP and have almost finished. Will repurchase again, and again, and again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Update: 15th April 2013

This is no longer the same. The hard wearing virtues it once had are now gone! The blush now has a very soft texture and a lot comes off on the brush, it used to be a case of having to swirl the brush across it a few times to pick up enough. Not only does it wear off very quickly now, it will not last a couple of years like it used to and I have now gone off it and will be seeking something different. Well done Clinique.
-----------------------
This is a pink blush on me with some very slight glitter. It's a flattering shade for my MMM-GGG complexion but not knockout superb.
I'm not keen on the shimmer nor the texture of the blush.
One great aspect to it is that you only need to use a little bit of it. Using a fan brush to apply will prevents over the top clown-like cheeks.
For the value conscious, this would be an excellent buy as it will easily last longer than a year, I've applied it quite a bit and there isn't even a dent in it! I've also dropped it about 5 times and there are no cracks in the powder or casing!
As for the packaging, the outer silver looking mirror casing is futuristic, simple and looks smart and the interior mirror is a good one that doesn't distort. As others have said, the brush is average but not scratchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by marykitsos

I started using this color recently, and I really love the color it gives my cheeks. Along with a nice peach color, it also has a nice sprakle to it. The great thing with this product is that you only need to put a little bit on, as a little really goes a long way. With some products you have to keep putting more and more blush, but with the clinique product you just put a little bit on, but it gives you a beautiful color on your sheeks. A must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely peachy pink with subtle gold shimmer. It is exactly what I wanted Nars Orgasm to be, in fact. If Orgasm is too shimmery for you and you hate having to scrape off its hardened top, you need Precious Posy. It gives a perfect, subtly luminous flush that is so natural, so healthy. This is the only blush I pack when I travel because it never disappoints and I never have to worry about it not working with my other choices in makeup or clothes.