October 21, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I quite like this lip balm. I've used the original version in the past but wasn't enamored with the mintiness of it. This balm does smell sweet and to my nose natural. It is a very light balm. It will not coat your lips with shine and will not leave you feeling as though you have a lot of product on your lips. This is the first balm I've used in years that doesn't leave my lips feeling heavily coated. The taste is the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5. The taste leaves more to be desired. The moisturization however is excellent. I have full lips which therefore look hideous when chapped. My lips feel rather smooth and I would repurchase this. It really does keep my lips soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this one way more than the original. It's way more moisturizing and it tastes good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This helped my dry flaky lips after a bad cold, they now are soft and smooth again. I like that it's all natural but the scent could be better, it has a strong powdery/honey smell that doesn't bother me but I don't love it either. Update 01/11/12: I have a feeling that it makes my lips dryer after a while so I stopped using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Brittanywest49

The Burt's Bee's Honey Lip balm has to be my favorite!
I always have at least one on me at all times, and have been known to get very upset when it goes missing!
Moisturizes my lips perfectly, and it's natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by nunufrog99

Been using it for 3 years and it keeps my lips soft all year round.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ic3fall

The WORST lip balm I ever bought/used. It's too hard so it doesn't melt on the lips to give much of a moisturizing effect. The smell is horribly and sickeningly sweet. At the store I felt the honey smell was sweet but I expected it to wear off eventually. Fat hope. I keep getting whiffs of the honey smell even more than my perfume or the lip glosses I used over it. Prolonged exposure to the smell gave me a headache! I tried to mix it into a lip balm pot with other lip balms to get a softer texture and disguise the smell but it overpowers them all! The bloody thing refuses to mix/melt down into a more usable texture and it still smells like disgustingly sweet honey even though I mixed 4 other lip balms of other scents in. This is the first honey product I've used that gives me a headache. Absolutely horrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I like Burt's Bees Pomegranate Oil lip balm, I thought I would try this one. Big disappointment. The texture is too waxy, not giving enough moisture. It just sits on the surface of my lips and to be honest is a bit sticky. It gives no shine whatsoever, although to be fair it is a lip balm, not a gloss. But the thing I really dislike is the scent. It's a cloying, sickly sweet parody of warm honey, which isn't just unpleasant, it's nauseating. It tastes rather like a failed chemistry experiment, which actually might explain why it makes my lips sting a bit. I'll stick to other varieties of Burt's Bees lip balms, as I'll never buy this one again. I much prefer The Naked Bee's Orange Blossom Honey lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate the smell and taste of it. Reminds me of baby powder. Usually if a product works well, I'll just ignore the scent/taste, but this product doesn't moisturiZe my lips. I love the peppermint one but I wanted to try this flavor out. I'll stick with the original one. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I received this in the Total Body kit which was on clearance at a local drug store for like $3.13. It was a great deal for the Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme and this lip balm alone, and contained 4 or 5 other trial size products. I usually buy the pommegranate BB lip balm but the kit had the honey one in it. I used it this a.m. before work. I have to stay that I am happily surprised at how long lasting this balm is. I put it on over two hours ago and it is still there, with drinking coffee and water. I put some sheer lipstick over it, too, but I can still feel the balm and smell its delicious scent. I like the scent! It's not overpowering but I can tell it is there. Probably won't buy again as I like the pomm. one, or there are so many others I like (Nivea), and I like to try new ones as they come out, too. I'm a bit of a lip product junkie. lol

I must add that the quality of Burt's Bees products is great, overall, and I will continue to buy many of their products and try new ones, especially when they are on sale or when they put out coupons--I love coupons!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To those who think this poduct smells nothing like honey go open a pot of honey and take a big whiff. Honey doesnt smell like sugar and sweet lollipops rainbows and smiles. Honey to me actually smells like baby powder. faintly thought
anyway this product smells A LOT like baby powder. its moisturizing properties are sub par. it leaves a waxy film on my lips. i hated this lip balm. its nasty. its over priced for something so nasty. i'll stick with a REAL organic lip balm like eco lips hemp seed oil from now on thank you.