The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 8/27/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love the smell and thickness of this product. Goes way beyond the call of duty - most hand moisturizers leave my cuticles still a bit dry but when I put this on it moisturizes them too. This is important for me as a nail polish blogger. I think I have found my HG hand cream :)

on 8/18/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great hand cream. Was a staple for me for many years (I don't use it anymore because now that I'm in LA, I don't really need it). It is greasy and smells pretty bad, but it works really well, especially during cold, dry Winters.

on 8/18/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A really good hand cream, especially for dry seasons, this is a must have. It's heavy duty but not over the top, it does leave my hands a little greasy but when my hands are really dry that's the feeling I want, that way I know my hands are being treated. I like to use it at night or in the morning, and carry a lighter lotion during the day. The scent is very herbal which I like. The packaging sucks though, its made of some flexible metal material, unique but hard to handle sometimes, and the screw cap is so tiny it's really a hustle.

on 7/28/2012 6:23:00 PM

I was introduced to this by my boyfriend 9 years back. He's a potter and always ends up with dry. cracked hands. He uses this (when he remembers) and it makes a big difference to his hands. I have now become such a fan that I have one on my bedside table, in the living room, car and 2 back-ups! I gift these to family and friends as everyone loves it whenever they use mine. Great product at a good price!

on 7/8/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

By far the best hand cream I've ever used. It moisturizes so well and absorbs all the way into your skin so you don't get that weird greasy film on your hands that make you not be able to grasp things.

on 7/8/2012 12:45:00 PM

Ive repurchased this cream many times because it's a thick, rich and luxuriously moisturizing hand cream. My hands are very dry because I wash them a lot and use alcohol rub so this is my go to cream. I like the smell, texture and packaging. Only disadvantage is like all Body Shop products, it's not cheap. It's around $20AUD to $25AUD in Australia which is quite expensive for hand cream. But it does lasts

on 4/28/2012 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Years ago I used this hand lotion and liked it, although it's a bit expensive. Temporarily I'm living in a very cold, dry climate and my hands have been cracked and horrible looking. Even though it was really expensive in the country where I'm living, I bought it and am happy that I did. I don't mind the smell at all and really like the streamlined, "non-girly" look of the tube. I got the small tube which fits perfectly in my handbag. So far it's been very moisturizing, although I think I'll give it another week to see how effective is.

This has been another chapter in my months-long quest to find the perfect hand lotion!

on 4/22/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I put this on two nights ago before I went to sleep. My hands are STILL soft and smooth. I haven't changed anything in my routine and use the same hand soap. The difference is how soft my hands still feel after each wash. The protective barrier finally wore off after I did a sink full of dishes without gloves. At this rate, this tube will last me forever.

on 4/10/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this hand cream, it is extremely moisturising and not sticky at all - I hate sticky hand cream! It absorbes quickly and allows you to go on with whatever you have been doing straight away (in my case, since I keep it at work, back to typing or using the computer) without getting moisturiser all over everything.

The scent, being hemp, is very love-it-or-hate-it. Personally I love it. My best friend LOATHES it and I cannot use it when I am around her! Probably my boss and workmates hate it too! Oh well. Hands are soft and smooth like nothing else so I don't care, however I may make the switch to a Loccitane cream next in an effort to avoid offending people!

on 4/9/2012 10:04:00 PM

Well, a lot of people are complaining about the smell. Today I bought it and found that it smells like their now discontinued Patchouli oil.I am a big fun of patchouli and like the smell. I don't have the stigma of linking hemp (cannabis) with patchouli. So, for me, the fact that TBS choose this scent for a hemp oil hand cream is like a joke (makes me smile).

Popular Lotions / Creams