November 22, 2014 | 1670 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite ever hand cream. Really thick and creamy, sinks in quickly and lasts for ages before needing to reapply. Personally I love the smell - it's realy herbal but quite strong so if it's not to your taste could be ofputting (as seems to be the case for some other reviewers).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I love this hand cream.

Pros:
Really sinks into your skin and moisturises.
Lasts for a while so you don't have to keep constantly reapplying.
Not in a tub so hygienic packaging.

Cons: Pretty pricey for a hand-cream. [£10 for 100ml] but it should last you a long time!
The smell is quite strong and it may not be for everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by catarina93

Is the BEST of the best ! I love so much this hand cream. It seems awkward but to me it smells like tea .

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product worked well for me BUT it came with a price! My boyfriend hated the smell. He said it smelled like chemicals and made his eyes water. That isn't good! So I stopped using it around him. I also had someone walk past my office wondering what that strange smell was. Not good.

The product packaging was also the worst I had ever seen. On my mini container the top actually broke so it had no lid. On my large container the product kept spewing out and it was a constant race to get the top on before I got globs of product oozing out. The cap is not the easiest thing to put on either. It's a waste of product and money!!!

So all in all. Yes, the product works on my very dry hands but the crummy packaging and harsh smell make it a no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An amazing hand cream! Since I started using this hand cream during the day I have no more dry cuticles, cracks on my knuckles or tight feeling skin. The only draw back is the price. It's pretty pricy stuff but a tube does last a pretty long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Best hand cream ever! I work in a lab and wash my hands around 10-20 times per day, so my hands are always in need of some TLC. TBS hemp hand protector comes packaged in a really cute 100ml aluminium squeeze tube and retails for around £10. The cream itself is thick, smells very earthy – sort of like grass (hehe :) and moisturizes like an absolute dream. A small squeeze of this cream is all you need. It hydrates and softens my skin and leaves behind a wonderful protective barrier – never greasy. You only need a small amount of product so a tube will last you at least 4 months so it’s very affordable. And unlike many other hand creams, you won’t need to re-apply. Be careful with the tube though because it can tear/crack if handled a lot. My palms often sweat if they come into any contact with moisturizers and this is the only hand/body cream I can use that doesn’t turn me into Niagara falls. My favourite Body Shop product. HG

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I would have given this 5 lippies if it weren't for the smell. I don't care for the smell. As far as a good hand cream for people who are constantly washing their hands and suffer from dry chapped cracked hands, this stuff is great. The cream is good enough to buy again despite the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by juicyyycouture

I use this lotion before I go to bed or when I'm at home-- never in public! The smell is pretty bad, but it is tolerable. It absorbs extremely fast and it doesn't leave that greasy feeling (just that lingering odor...). Always wake up the next morning to soft and supple hands.

I'd give this product a 5/5 if it weren't for the darn packaging. Sure the whole metal aspect makes it look a whole lot cooler and somewhat more valuable but it does nothing good for me at all. It bothers me seeing the tube so dented and everything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by missixty5

I bought this when it was on sale at the body shop. I usually wear this at night, i am not too keen on the scent. It works well. My hands feel soft and not too greasy after application

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Sheneedsacure

Type of hands: Normal to dry (after washing)

Pros:

-little goes a long way
-absorbs fast for a thick cream
-don't need to reapply every 30 minutes

Cons

-earthy smell is not too feminine (i still like it)
-tube is huge and not great looking

I've tried a couple different hand creams...the handy gurugu by lush and your typical aveeno, lubriderm, baby lotion, bath n body works, crabtree & evelyn and I honestly feel like this one is the BEST one yet. I apply it on my hands 3 times a day, once before sleeping and once upon waking up. Then later in the middle of the day. Because the tube is so big and bulky I squirt a little bit of it out in a sample tub that you can get from TBS and keep it in my purse. The smell is not foul...I mean after all it is called HEMP hand protector.

Bottom line: if you have dry hands and do not want a super fragrant cream which you have to apply 6x day then get this because it works..with less quantity...and in less time.