July 28, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I would have given this 5 lippies if it weren't for the smell. I don't care for the smell. As far as a good hand cream for people who are constantly washing their hands and suffer from dry chapped cracked hands, this stuff is great. The cream is good enough to buy again despite the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by juicyyycouture

I use this lotion before I go to bed or when I'm at home-- never in public! The smell is pretty bad, but it is tolerable. It absorbs extremely fast and it doesn't leave that greasy feeling (just that lingering odor...). Always wake up the next morning to soft and supple hands.

I'd give this product a 5/5 if it weren't for the darn packaging. Sure the whole metal aspect makes it look a whole lot cooler and somewhat more valuable but it does nothing good for me at all. It bothers me seeing the tube so dented and everything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by missixty5

I bought this when it was on sale at the body shop. I usually wear this at night, i am not too keen on the scent. It works well. My hands feel soft and not too greasy after application

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Sheneedsacure

Type of hands: Normal to dry (after washing)

Pros:

-little goes a long way
-absorbs fast for a thick cream
-don't need to reapply every 30 minutes

Cons

-earthy smell is not too feminine (i still like it)
-tube is huge and not great looking

I've tried a couple different hand creams...the handy gurugu by lush and your typical aveeno, lubriderm, baby lotion, bath n body works, crabtree & evelyn and I honestly feel like this one is the BEST one yet. I apply it on my hands 3 times a day, once before sleeping and once upon waking up. Then later in the middle of the day. Because the tube is so big and bulky I squirt a little bit of it out in a sample tub that you can get from TBS and keep it in my purse. The smell is not foul...I mean after all it is called HEMP hand protector.

Bottom line: if you have dry hands and do not want a super fragrant cream which you have to apply 6x day then get this because it works..with less quantity...and in less time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best hand cream I've ever used, hands down. I've used many because my hands are VERY prone to dermatitis during winter (I used to get this every single winter). I live in Canada so a good hand cream definately is a must for me. I apply this only at nightime because it IS greasy and foul smelling. I don't like using this so much but it helps my hands tremendously. I find this to be extremely pricey but since a 100 ml tube of this will most likely last me years, I am pretty much satisfied nonetheless. This does not sink in fast but that's to be expected with such a heavy hand cream like this one. For someone living in a cold weather, I think this is definately worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The number one rule about Body Shop, when you smell a product in that store chances are, the scent is being muddled with all of the other scents -_- I bought the large tube on sale for $10CAD a few months back. In the store (I don't know what I was really smelling) it smelled great! In reality, it smells... weird. And the bad thing, the scent lasts... all day :| It's moisturizing, but personally I think I've used products that moisturize longer. It does have a few chemicals in there and to be completely honest, I can't wait until this thing is done... I might just start using it on my feet. It's not too greasy, I just can't get used to that smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by waxlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far the best hand cream i've tried. Apart from the smell (but you get used to it soon) i don't see any problems with it: it sinks into the skin quite fast, doesn't leave greasy feeling on your hands, and i can feel its moisturising effect as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mimepanda

Absolutely the best hand cream I have ever tried. A little bit goes a long way and my hands stay super soft and smooth even after washing. Goes on very easily and is not at all greasy or oily, not to mention it does a better job of moisturising my cuticles than other oils I've tried.

However, the packaging means that I have to squeeze very carefully when I get a new tube so that I don't get too much out at once, and it isn't cheap, but I'm on my 5th or 6th tube of the stuff and will probably never buy any other hand moisturisers again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a small tube of this a few years ago in a pack I got as a gift I think, and a few months ago I decided I needed to start using a hand cream so I decided to get a tube of this. I wonder if the formula had changed over time? Or if it was more concentrated in the smaller tube? Somehow, it just wasn't as good as I remembered.
It is quite sticky rather than creamy, so it doesn't feel that moisturising. It feels tacky and oily on your skin, rather than sinking in properly. Overall I guess I wouldn't mind these as long as the product worked but I can't say I'm amazed. Rubbing it in on my hands I find it makes my nails shiny, so that oil is probably doing something right for them.
Honestly I don't think the smell is that bad. I don't think it would ever be anyone's favourite but as long as its away from your face then its manageable.
I would not buy again as its definately average, and expensive for the type of results I got. It also has silicones in it. And castor oil, which you could probably buy at the supermarket for way cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by birdland

This is absolutely the best handcream I've tried, and I've tried many. The smell and packaging will probably polarise - but I quite like them.