October 2, 2014 | 1272 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2009 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I bought it 10 months ago and it's not even half empty! I love the rosy color but the reason I gave it 4 lippies is because I cannot use it on my cheeks. it leaves red patches and dries out easily even before I blend it. So I just use it as lip stain.. I even gave this to my cousin as gift and she loves it too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lovelyvenice

Sooo, mixed reviews on this. In order to FULLY enjoy this you must put it on after your moisturizer and before foundation. It applie to untouched, unmoisturized skin it will look so blotchy and look like you have polka dots on your face even though you blend it out completely! To try to fix this polka dot problem I blotted the benetint on my finger and then using my finger I blended it on my cheeks. NOPE I STILL LOOKED LIKE A CLOWN. -____- Soooo, the way to use it is with moisturizer! If you do this, you look like you have a beautiful,natural glowing flush-sort of like if you just had an amazing workout.
Now, as a lip stain, the color is beautiful. I think it would look pretty on any skin tone! But, (why is there always a but) its extremely drying on the lips and the color doesn't last long. Totally not food proof or drink proof. So if you're looking to purchase this soley as a lip stain, look somewhere else. Revlon Just Bitten lip stains are awesome!
Packaging is alright, price is pretty darn high, but I mean on the bright side it will last you a really long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I loved this colour so much in the bottle I wished it would have worked out for me. I wanted that "flushed" cheek colour, like when it's cold outside and your cheeks look all rosy. This did nothing of the sort. This was just barely visible after 2-3 layers on my yellow/olive NC30 skin, and what I could see was sheer and blotchy. I tried tapping it into my cheeks like I was told to do buy the SA, but the colour seemed to stain my fingertips a lot more than my cheeks. I put make-up on in the morning around 7-8am and by 10am all I could see was random blotches of colour that made me look like I had a rash. On my lips I can't even tell I'm wearing anything, not one bit of colour, not even a slight hint.

In addition to the poor staining abilities - the bottle is in my opinion, a bad choice for packaging - it is awful for travel and very cheaply made. After owning the full-size bottle for about 3 weeks - I had it in my make-up bag and the bottle leaked the fluid out all over the place. Messing up all my other make-up. So that leads me to another qualm. . I hate the runny texture, it's like water. If I have to apply this in layers in the same area repeatedly, it makes me wonder, why bother? There are so many awesome cheek/lip products out there like Etude House Rosy Tint, TonyMoly Tony tint, TheSaem etc.. All of these stain like crazy, with beautiful noticeable yet natural looking colours (like you were eating pink/red flower petals or something. . very pretty and feminine) And they actually show up on my cheeks or lips the first try, and are so easy to blend. Last all day. For the high price of the Benetint it should be a good quality product. . . but my $4 lip tint blows this out of the water completely. I feel like Benefit has really gotten worse and more gimmicky over the years, they do have some good stuff, however many areas are sorely lacking in quality, colour choice and pigmentation.

I tried to make this work, I don't know for sure if it's my skin or just the product isn't right for me. I will take the spillage incident as a hint - will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this with my 100 point reward from Sephora. Having used lip stains in the past with poor results (except for the Smashbox Limitless stain), I had very low expectations of this product. And I have to say, it surprised me.
I don't use it as a lip stain. I don't feel it delivers enough pigment to my lips. But I'm not really interested in using it for that (though I might be if it performed better in that department). I use it as a cheek stain. And it's wonderful.
I apply it first, under my BB primer from Tarte, with sort of a heavy hand. Using it over my foundation or BB cream makes it a bit hard to blend, but also tends to move the product around underneath. However, giving my cheeks and cheekbones a good wash of this color first, and then applying the BB cream after gives a wonderful, perfectly blended glow. My skin looks healthy and awake, rather than clown-like. Even my fiance noticed that my face looked brighter and "happier", as he put it.
This product definitely lasts all day on my cheeks. It doesn't accentuate any imperfections - on the contrary, it seems to have some mild masking properties in terms of any red spots I have. I guess it sort of just blends them in. It's quite nice.
I appreciate the rosy smell. I like anything rose scented, and so far, it hasn't caused any irritation.
Being that I got this tiny sample about four weeks ago and have barely gotten through half the bottle (with nearly daily use), I'd say that despite the alarming price tag, this product is a worthy investment. It'll give you that perfect rosy-cheeked glow that will last all day.
The bottle is a tad strange. The nailpolish-style brush delivers a walloping amount of product and in such a concentrated area. You have to move extra fast before this sets or you'll have streaks on your cheeks. (Heehee, that rhymed.) This is a little problematic if you're not used to a product like this, however, I don't know of any other way to package this without wasting product. A doe-foot would absorb the watery liquid, a rollerball wouldn't do much good, and having a dropper-bottle style might result in overuse of the product. So I'm a tad stumped on how to improve on it.
All in all, I like this product very much and will repurchase when I run out of the sample. I feel this will become a staple in my makeup bag, since any other blush I've used fades horribly on my oily skin. This keeps me looking bright and awake all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by cvm305

The bottle looks like and applies like a nail polish. I did not like the bristles, they do not apply any consistent pressure. The actual color is very pretty and it is build-able but the product fades and feathers very quickly. After a while it sat in my make up kit and I just threw it out. Still looking for that natural beautiful stain that lasts!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Its funny because I hated this at first.

I couldn't figure out how to apply this properly.

the packaging sucked and broke on day two!

There are ways I have figured out how to blend but stand alone I have to give it a 3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this stuff at first. No matter how I applied it, all I got was an ugly streak, nothing natural. The cap even broke and the stuff stained my bed comforter!! Years later I decided to give it another try. Why was this stuff so famous?

Now I found the best way to use it. I apply it BEFORE foundation. I discovered that if I apply it over foundation it dries too quickly and makes it impossible to blend. It does not look good on lips by itself, but with a little Benetint Lip Balm over it, you get a pretty rosy stain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather interesting product but I wasn't happy with it. I prefer NARS blushes and the idea of having this fushia stuff on my cheeks was not too appealing. I caved and bought it ($26!) and although it DID look natural on me, I still liked my NARS blushes better because they have a shimmer to them. I ended up swapping mine away.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just OK. I got a little sample size using my Sephora points, because I wanted a red cheek stain and hey, it was basically free, and I'm glad I didn't splurge on the full-size bottle. I already have the ChaCha Tint and Posie Tint (LOVE the ChaCha, Posie doesn't do it for me), and I prefer the consistency of the other ones far more. This is very watery, so I feel like a doe-foot sponge would have been a better applicator rather than a stiff brush. It does stain your cheeks, and I didn't find it splotchy (ChaCha's one downfall, if you don't move quick enough). I haven't tried it as a lip stain. Mostly I'm just unimpressed because I used to use the Body Shop lip/cheek stain, which is the same colour, and I prefer the Body Shop one a lot more. I also don't like that it's scented - I just don't really like putting scented stuff on my face.

Overall, I will finish my little bottle, because it's not unusable. But I definitely will never drop the $35 or whatever for the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by PotatoGemm

I bought this for the purposes of using it on my lips mostly, I find it works nicely as a cheek tint. It gives a nice rosy tint, which is great on my pale skin. DOWNSIDE: On the lips it settles in fine lines and cracks! Which sucks because I would have loved it if it worked well on the lips but it just doesn't, and it also tastes yucky if you accidentally lick your lips :/

For the price it is they could have made it more user friendly, and the packaging is fumbley and annoying. Overall it's a very average product, I would only buy it if it was in a palette/kit as a sample size for my cheeks. But not as a stand alone, it just doesn't seem worth it...