Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

4.1

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 11/17/2012 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have never had my own manicure last more than 2 days without chipping.

This stuff is incredible! I'm on my fourth full day and my nails are still PERFECT. And I'm a 2nd grade teacher.

I've been asked by two of my coworkers if I got a manicure done. Nope. Just my amazing new discovery of Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat!!!

The nail color goes on so nicely on top of this base coat. And it stays there. I top it with Seche Vita and BINGO. I've hit the jackpot!!

on 11/9/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've used Orly Bonder several times and have kind of a mixed opinion about it. The first time I used it, nails didn't dry. Three hours after application, my nails were still smudging. I then reapplied again with a fast dry nail polish by Revlon rather than the Essie I had just used, and with Seche as my top coat (I used that first time around as well) and nails were perfect. They didn't chip for 5 days, I've never had an average mani last so long. So I tried with a few more polishes since then and nails chip or smudge very easily. I've even let it dry for 10-15 minutes between coats and I still can't get it to dry. The reason why I'm giving it a 5 is because, when used with my fast dry polishes, it seems like it has no problems. When I have lots of extra time this weekend, I'm going to update with the latest - I'm letting it sit for as long as possible between coats of my favorite Essie polish and see if it produces a better result.

on 9/15/2012 2:45:00 PM

Best base coat by far. The price makes me cringe, and I'll but something else hoping it will be as good as Bonder. Then my manicure will chip instantly and I'll buy the Bonder and kick myself for second guessing.
This stuff grips your nail polish. Paired with a decent top coat, you get a week out of your manicure with just tip wear (and I'm a mom who does dishes without gloves, and I bake like crazy). Without Bonder, forget about it. This is a total HG product.

on 9/6/2012 10:53:00 AM

My Aunt recommended this base coat to me and let me tell you, I LOVE IT! :) It helps polish go on smoother, stay on for at least a week if not 10 days, and is just overall amazing! I've never really thought base coats did much until I tried this one. It rocks :)

on 9/6/2012 10:33:00 AM

I have been using this basecoat for the past month, and my nails are so much stronger now! They were so thin and very quick to peel. I still have one nail that tends to split, but the others are uniform and much thicker.

I have been using the Bonder as a basecoat only, not as a topcoat. I change my polish every 2 days as my polish tends to chip badly. I'm in health care and wash my hands often. When this bottle is gone, I'll switch to a different basecoat to see if I get fewer chips. (To note, I always use either Poshe or Seche as a topcoat.)

The formula also is very smooth and easy to put on, and dries quickly. Don't count on protection from staining, however! My nails have stained yellow, and not slightly!!! I do use dark colors most of the time...

on 9/1/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Best base coat ever? This is certainly the best I've tried and I'll probably stick with it. It dries almost instantaneously and its rubbery texture makes polish go on amazingly smoothly, which makes it worth it alone. I generally change my nail color every other day or so, so I can't comment much on how well it holds a manicure, suffice to say that I haven't had any serious chipping problems other than minor tip wear. Love it.

on 8/30/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Orly Bonder definitely changed the game for me when it comes to nail polish. This wonderful, rubberized base coat grips polish and makes it wear much longer - at least in my experience! This base coat is essentially holy grail for me, as I keep trying other things but then return to Bonder, wondering why I was so silly. The bonus about this is that it's readily available, moderately priced, and is actually a bigger bottle than the .5oz nail polishes/base coats/topcoats out there. More bang for my buck, and makes my manicure wear like iron?! What more could I ask for?!

on 8/23/2012 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love bonder. I use this in conjunction with OPI Chip Skip and SV, and my nail polish would last for days if I let it (I change often)! It provides a sort of "Sticky" base for the nail polish and so far, I haven't had many (if any) manicures come off in sheets while using this!

this is a WONDERFUL basecoat, and i dont know why anyone wouldnt like it. it dries in seconds, and feels really cool and rubbery when it dries. this, along with my seche vite top coat, keeps my manicure on for more then a week!!! thats CRAZY. also, when i took off my manicure, my nails look a lot stronger and healthier then when i didnt use a basecoat. my nails have grown a lot too since i started using this. i cant even say enough good things about it!!

I love Orly Bonder! This is the best basecoat I have ever used - it creates a slightly sticky base for polish and gives my manicures extra long wear time. Bonder has a yellowish color but it doesn't stain my nails. I apply Bonder to all 10 nails, wait a few seconds, and then paint my nails.

You do need to clean the threads on the bottle every so often, as the product left from swiping the brush will build up and make the threads sticky.

Top Rated Orly Products