April 20, 2014 | 1639 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by biancastefani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all time favourite eyeshadow has always been The Body Shop eyeshadow in #5, but it has been discontinued for a few years now. I recently picked up the Urban Decay Naked palette and when I had a look, there was something awfully familiar about "Smog". Taking out my last pan of #5, I was ecstatic to find that it was an exact dupe!!

Smog is a lovely, medium brown colour with slight copper and bronze undertones and a satin finish (not glittery, not matte). Extremely flattering to (and I have actually tested out on all my girl friends) all skintones and eye colours! Pale, medium or dark complextions; warm, neutral or cool undertones; brown or blue, hazel or green eyes; it really is an amazing shade.

It's fantastically smooth and creamy, very pigmented and blendable, and so easy to apply with no fallout. What more can you ask for in an eyeshadow!?

Although it's priced at 12.50 (slightly more expensive than the ever-popular MAC shadows) you don't need to buy it alone. It's in a few of UD's palettes, including the popular Naked and the Vegan (my two favourite ones!!) which are priced at 27 and 23 respectively.

Definitely buy this! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I can't describe the color of this but its BEAUTIFUL! I like using it for a subtle smokey eye! It's really pretty on the outer V =] Like all of UD eyeshadows, if you dont want it so glittery, just tap the excess off your brush & youre good to go! I have this in my Ammo palette and Im almost hitting pan on it! Im glad they included this in the Naked palette (which I have too!) One of those colors thats awesome during the fall season. Definately one of my fav colors from UD =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A Staple for my eyes. Love it. It's a darker Bronzy Greenish Color, Love it with my eyes, looks even better when I'm tan. I use this color alone and pretty much wear it weekly. Love UD!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jeniferlyn

a "go-to" product! I am 41 --green-eyed, dark brunette--love this stuff--if I am in a hurry I will use ONLY this on my lids. Just wish the UD single shadows were a bit less breakable when a*hem..dropped! lol

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by WarmAppleCider

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smog is so beautiful. It is a rich bronze with no glitter, but some sheen to it. Smog is very pigmented and glides on. It is perfect for fall weather. I like to pair it with UD Chopper, with Smog in the crease. I am NW20 with hazel eyes and this compliments me perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AMARIS178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty color. I use from my wallpaper palette

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by rinacee

This is such a gorgeous brown/bronze color...What I think is especially amazing about this shade is that when you pair it with other metalics or golds, it will show off those qualities. Pair it with a darker brown, and it'll match beautifully. Greens? It looks spectacular with olive/forest greens like Mildew. Such a versatile color!
It's smooth, and not glittery. It is very shimmery, and it a wonderful all-over color if you're pressed for time, or just like a simple look. It looks polished and professional, but would be right at home for a dinner out or a night clubbing.
Would absolutely repurchase if I had to, but these shadows last FOREVER because a little goes a very long way!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous coppery bronze...it is smooth as silk and so easy to blendl. My only wish is that it were a bit darker on me. I am NC40-42 and this is not as dark on me compared to all the swatches I've seen online. It is definitely more golden on me than bronze. It would look gorgeous on anyone though but I think it's especially nice on fairer skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by dorqy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the ammo palette and I use smog every single day, no joke!!! I actually just use this as an all over lid color, since I have asian eyes and my eyelids are nothing to brag about. I think it's natural, but others might think its a bit on the glittery side, but I do not mind that. I love this eyeshadow and happen to stumble upon it as it was part of this palette I wanted. I would not buy it as a single eyeshadow, but if it was in another palette, I would

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by librarykrystal

My favorite shadow! This looks great with blue eyes - I like to use it with a little UD Twice Baked shadow toward the outer ends of my lids and with a black liner. I wash my hands, apply with my fingers and it blends perfectly and lasts all day. Using this a couple of days a week, one little shadow lasts YEARS - I've never used one all the way up yet, so I don't know exactly how long, but it's awesome!