November 28, 2014 | 1114 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

I have mixed feelings about this brush. On one hand it's extremely well made and hasn't shed a hair since I got it. On the other this has a tendency to streak when applying product if I don't make sure this gets a very, very thorough wash before hand and is nice and dry. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but because this is such a dense brush it would be nice to be able to use this two days in a row once in awhile without doing a full on wash instead of just say, cheating and using a makeup wipe so I can just be ready to go. The bristles have a nasty tendency to clump together when wet with product to which makes for an utterly unpleasant feeling and application process. I don't hate this product but if I could go back in time I wouldn't repurchase it either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Brilliant brush! All MAC brushes are wonderful though so I suppose no review is even needed!
It is pricey at 25 pounds but if you're serious about make-up, as I am, it's not too much of an issue.
It looks professional, and works as well as you'd hope on first impressions. It's obviously suited best to applying liquid foundations (I use it with my Studio Fix Liquid and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser and Clinique Superfit) but it can also be used in place of a concealer brush for liquid concealers like my Select Cover, which i feel it applies really well.
It leaves no ugly 'streak' marks that i've found with cheaper foundation brushes and the synthetic fibres ensure that no product is absorbed by the bristles. It has absolutely no fall out which is also a common problem with cheap brushes. Overall it just works with foundation for a beautiful coverage and even application.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by wisteria27

I go back and forth on the MAC 190. I really wanted to adore it, but I might be trying alternatives soon. While the 190 applies my MAC studio fix fluid foundation beautifully, it's not without much CLEANING and prep work. The issue is that the 190's firmly packed bristles RAPIDLY collect and solidify product. If one isn't careful to reclean promptly, the brush becomes rigid and unusable.
The cleaning process itself is a hassle since the bristles just seem to hold stubbornly to all of the foundations I've used it for. Also, the bristles split and tend to cause a streaky effect once the product starts to dry on the brush... which is usually after 10 seconds of first application!

Ironically, I think I would rebuy this if ever it broke. It's one of those face brushes that a MAC makeup guru needs to have. It comes in handy, hassle and all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by starallen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had the 190 for five years now and until I recently discovered the amazing power of duo-fiber brushes I was pretty happy with it. It gets the job done, and as far as flat synthetic foundation brushes go, this is as good as it gets. It's held up well and hasn't shed a single hair since I got it. It is a bit tough to clean as the bristles are packed tightly together, but you're going to have the same problem with any brush of similar construction. The reason I switched over to the duo fiber was that this brush does in fact leave behind a bit of streaky brush marks and it can be hard to blend them out without loosing foundation coverage. I'm still glad I have it in my collection though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's a nice product but it takes to long to apply the foundation and then i need a sponge to blend everything out how i like it. i just use it sometimes to dot the foundation on my face and then blend everything with my beauty blender.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by BakedCookiez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this for my concealer, the only thing i hated was the shorter bristles would prick my face

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

Great brush! Unfortunately my foundation dries way too quickly for me to use this brush. I find, although it sounds strange, that the #130 works better for me and gives me better coverage, with less foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by honeybeeyy

This brush soaks up a lot of foundation and is very hard to clean and takes long time to dry. I went back to my bobbi brown foundation brush which perform much better and easier to clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using it for 6 months and will stop using it. Don't like it, seems to 'rough' and takes too much time. My make up applies streaky with this and I always have to end application with my hands to even everything out. The warmth of my hands makes the make up finally melt into my skin. So I guess this brush is a waste of time since I get better results using my bare hands...

I wanted to love it cos' it looks so fancy:)
EDIT: Beautyblender has knocked this brush out of my beauty case for good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Haven't noticed mine apply streaky at all. Love it!! Don't think I will need to repurchase because they are pretty durable.