MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

I have to agree with hellokitty05 on the 'rubbery' feeling. I clean my foundation brush after every application, so it isn't even as though it's loaded with product. I just hate this brush, as it requires a certain amount of adjusting and effort to actually get the product on my face and even then, it's streaky and uneaven. I think i tried to love this brush more because of what i paid for it but i'm more than happy to toss it now. After attempting the flawless look with several primer and foundation combinations, it just never worked. I think i'll stick with my 168, which gives beautifully flawless results.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This was the first makeup brush from MAC I ever bought, I loved it so dearly for so many years. It is a dream to apply cream and liquid foundations on with- especially the thicker ones.

Overall: 5/5
Price: A tad high, but worth it for the quality. There are however cheaper brushes that go for less.
Rebuy: No. But only because I prefer a flat topped brush for foundation applications now.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this brush 2 years ago and never really used it till last year. I used it everyday and i dont think i was very ruff with it but for some reason it fell apart. The bristles literally just fell completely off the handle. I bought a replacement for now from mark and i like it more.

I got this after the mua suggested I use it w my new pro long wear foundation I'm actually really disappointed in thus brush I use very lil foundation and it makes it real streaky I have to go back and use another brush or sponge and if I have to do that might as well just use a sponge and take this back ...... I've tried diff way of applying it w/o no success ! I have a Sephora and organic one that's cheaper and work better it's not the price but if it worked I would use ;( but since it doesn't it's going back ! Sorry Mac !

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love love love this brush. My Chanel Teint Innocence foundation looks perfectly applied (and natural) ever since I got this brush. Yes, your liquid foundation will look a bit streaky when you first apply it with this brush but it takes all of one minute to get it blended perfectly. What I do is roughly dot my face with foundation and then blend outwards with short brush strokes.

Anyway, I've had this brush for about six months (with almost daily usage) and it hasn't lost a single fibre. In fact, it's pretty much in the same condition as when I bought it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using some non-brand foundation brush for a bit now, and I just purchased a special edition kit that included this, and I am in LOVE! This applied my Revlon Colorstay foundation so beautifully. I had tried MAC's stippling brush before this, but it just didn't work! I am so happy :) I have been eyeing this brush for almost 6 months, and I finally saw a good deal in the Cosmetic Company Store, which is an outlet that sells MAC/Bobbi Brown/Clinique/Estee Lauder (all of which are owned by Estee Lauder). I had bought a Special Edition brush kit last year for almost 50$ and the same one was at the outlet for 34$ !! SO...back to the brush, it really is worth it, it's my favorite now :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only MAC brush that has dissapointed me. Even if you use a small ammount of foundation it really gives a cakey result. In order to blend foundation properly, you'll have to use a second brush (such as #187) or a sponge. It costs 24Euro, it's made of synthetic hair and it's also very hard to clean. Still prefer sponges for applying foundations.

This is the only MAC brush that I've had a problem with the quality.
The brush/metal part is loose and come off from the handle. I know it's nothing that glue can't handle, but I feel for the price this shouldn't happen within the first 6 months! My other brushes have lasted 7years!
I should note that the crimping on this brush (the dents in the lower part of the metal that help hold it to the handle) is not as defined and is lower than on my other brushes. When I look at this brush online the crimping on this brush is like my good ones, so I feel this is just my brush.

This brush allows foundation to be blended in nicely. It's great at getting into the crevices around the nose. I have also use this brush to apply primer and it works fine. The MAC sales person also said I could use this to apply moisturizer, but I've never felt the need to try this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have mixed feelings about this brush. On one hand it's extremely well made and hasn't shed a hair since I got it. On the other this has a tendency to streak when applying product if I don't make sure this gets a very, very thorough wash before hand and is nice and dry. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but because this is such a dense brush it would be nice to be able to use this two days in a row once in awhile without doing a full on wash instead of just say, cheating and using a makeup wipe so I can just be ready to go. The bristles have a nasty tendency to clump together when wet with product to which makes for an utterly unpleasant feeling and application process. I don't hate this product but if I could go back in time I wouldn't repurchase it either.

Brilliant brush! All MAC brushes are wonderful though so I suppose no review is even needed!
It is pricey at 25 pounds but if you're serious about make-up, as I am, it's not too much of an issue.
It looks professional, and works as well as you'd hope on first impressions. It's obviously suited best to applying liquid foundations (I use it with my Studio Fix Liquid and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser and Clinique Superfit) but it can also be used in place of a concealer brush for liquid concealers like my Select Cover, which i feel it applies really well.
It leaves no ugly 'streak' marks that i've found with cheaper foundation brushes and the synthetic fibres ensure that no product is absorbed by the bristles. It has absolutely no fall out which is also a common problem with cheap brushes. Overall it just works with foundation for a beautiful coverage and even application.

Popular Makeup Brushes