November 28, 2014 | 1416 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Wet 2 Straight

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i bought this online coz i really need a straightener.. at first i really love how it works on my hair but after a month, OMGawd, it made my hair really really damaged.. like it burned really bad that never happened in my whole life.. i dont know what was the cause but i use heat protection and i followed instructions but yea i hate this so much... i'll never ever use this again..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this thing is sooo great you can use it on damp hair and it pretty much drys it and straightens it i dont get the burning hair smell some people say they get

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by natura1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ive had this for about 2 months and it works just as great as the real expensive ones. In fact my friend had bought a $90 hair straightner and said this one works a lot better!

cons: it can turn off easily (it has the automatic timer thing) and you cant flip the ends of your hair out

but this is the best straightner for the money your paying

for reference i have thick long hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only hair straightener I could afford at the time (2 years ago). I bought it because it was on sale, and am infinitely happy for it. Not only does it work well on wet hair, but the variety of settings can help you get a comprimise, from super-sleek, so slightly wavy. Personally I have curly, normal-thick hair so I was delighted that I didn't need to spend a fortune for straight hair.
For this price, if mine ever broke, I'd probably buy the same thing! Oh, and it lasts... I've had mine so long, and never had a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by vivace160

I absolutely love this flat iron. Granted it's only the 2nd one I've ever tried, but after the results I've had with this one compared to that first one, I know I've found a great flat iron. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair (that only gets worse if I blow dry it); there isn't much I can do with it, other than throw it in a ponytail and be done with it. This flat iron is the miracle I've been searching for.
First, the negative: turns out I can't use it when my hair is damp. I get the same frizzy results as I do with a hair dryer but it would take forever to fully dry it since my hair is so thick (honestly, I didn't even try getting it fully dry - with the results I was getting, I just knew it was pointless). Also, if you have to use a higher setting on dry hair, it leaves your hair really hot. I almost burned my fingers once or twice but if you brush through the section you've just ironed it cools down right away.
The positive: it works absolute wonders on my hair when it's dry. It takes me about 20 minutes to get the results I'm after, starting on a higher setting (around 15 or 16) then going around again on a lower one (around 9 or 10). My hair is so much softer and shinier when I use this flat iron and I can actually style it now, instead of just putting it in a ponytail. I love the fact it allows my hair to keep it's volume and doesn't leave it pin straight and flat on my head. If you have thick, wavy hair and this is the look you want, this might not be the flat iron for you. The digital heat control is great, as well. It's color coded to help you find the best setting for your hair depending on thickness and if it's wet, damp or dry.
At about $20 for the 1 inch or $25 for the 2 inch, this is the most inexpensive ceramic plate flat iron I've come across and well worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a recommendation from a Sephora SA, when she saw me eyeing up the $300 similar product they carry on their shelves. I wouldn't use this straightener on wet hair, but I dry my hair until it's barely damp and then use it and it works great. No complaints, and the price is right -- about $40-50. Heats up in about 60 seconds, has a bunch of settings. The only thing I didn't like at first was the placement of the setting buttons .. I kept hitting them accidentally with my fingers. Then I figured out I needed to have my hands up further to clamp the straightener and that worked that problem out just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by EternallyCursed

DO NOT BUY THIS STRAIGHTENER!!! I used it I have curly/wavy hair, mostly curly, and I bought it, thinking yeah its gonna work! i used it, my hair ended up a poofy disaster, even when it was dry! Save your money for something you can use, I bought another straightener, from hot shot tools, called helen of troy, and it works well, but its slow, buy like an iso, or gold 'n hot, maybe a sedu or paul mitchel, but do not waste your money, on this peice of crap!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by daniellesabra

I have had this straightener for 3 years, and it still works like a charm. I love it. It does not straighten wet hair very well like it claims, but if you turn it up to the highest heat setting, it straightens dry hair like it's nothing. I'm picky about my hair being perfectly straight, and this straightener does the job. It's a steal at $20, as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ashb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently had my hair cut in a style that requires me to flat iron it. My mom got me this iron, and it does a great job on my thick, wavy hair. I haven't used it on wet hair, but I set it on the highest setting for dry hair (10), and it did a great job. I've never flat ironed my hair myself before, but I was really impressed by how easy it was, and by the results. My family thought my hair looked great!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by x3helen3x

i would not buy this product..i have to run it over my hair a couple of times befor my hair actuall straightens ....if i were going to get it and and read some reviews befor...i wouldn't get it.I think you should just waste your money on somthing else or waste a couple more bucks on somthing good!