October 30, 2014 | 1748 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by rachrachrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep trying CeraVe products hoping they'd work for me, since they are really economical and easy to find, but apparently it's just not meant to be!

PROS: You already know: Ceramides, hyaluronic acid, cholesterol, and the time releasing MVE technology. Huge bottles and cheap.

CONS: Glycerin as ingredient #2. Feels heavy as a result. Not as heavy as others though since it's a lotion. But if I put my finger on my face and try to gently move it down, it feels like there is a bit of drag (the product) from it not drying. I have dry skin but I hate glycerin because it always appears a shiny, feels heavy, and never dries - it is too good at moisturizing! I don't know what it is about CeraVe's moisturizers either, but something in them doesn't agree with me. I'll wash my face and it looks pretty calm, but as soon as I moisturize, it looks like it's flushes. Not in an extreme way, but like oxidizing foundation - slightly darker and redder. Enough that it bothers me. I recently used this on one arm too and honestly, that arm looks worse now. The arm I didn't use it on looks to have a more even tone, and the one I did use it on got tiny breakouts - and that never happens. They

OVERALL: I'll try their sunscreens, but I'm done with their moisturizers. The key word in how my skin responds is "tolerate". They don't destroy my skin, and they aren't the worst thing I've used, but they don't fully agree either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty great moisturizer! I have somewhat sensitive, normal-normal/slightly combination skin (on my face) that dries out easily in some areas and gets a bit more oily in others. I use this at night after washing my face when I feel like I need a good moisture boost, or when my skin is feeling irritated. A couple weeks ago I used it when I ended up with three dry patches on the right side of my face after using Rimmel Stay Matte powder for five days in a row. After the first night of using it, the patches were greatly diminished.

This lotion doesn't irritate my skin at all and doesn't cause any breakouts. I tend not to use it during the day under my makeup though, as I find it makes me a bit shiny and my makeup doesn't last as long. I tend to use more moisturizing foundations, tinted moisturizers, and bb creams, so I really don't need a lot of moisture underneath them. I have used this on my hands and body as well and I love it for that, too! I sometimes get random small patches of dry, irritated skin, excema and/or psoriasis (yay!) and this doesn't irritate any of that. It actually helps with them a lot. I would repurchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by flowerbed7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very very dry skin on my arms so my doctor recommend this. It is by far the best, most moisturizing lotion I have ever used. I honestly love it. It smells ok I suppose. Nit is pretty expensive for what you get though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So many people seem to like this product; I had to try it.
I knew that a couple of the ingredients are not good for acne prone skin, but i patch tested it on my face anyway. Good thing I just did a patch test because it breaks me out!
As a body lotion its pretty good. I *love* how quickly it absorbs into the skin. I also love how it is fragrence free and truly has no odor to it.
It moisturizes well, but I find Curel more moisturizing. I think I will continue to purchase Cerave for the spring/summer months and repurchase Curel for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG moisturizer for me. I have dry skin & this seems to make it all vanish. My skin is soft, moisturized, & brighter. I've been using this for a few months & I swear this has made such a difference. My skin is literally brighter & rarely dry with this. **An interesting note too, the website will often send you out samples of any product you want to try, so if you're unsure if this will break you out (which can be hit or miss w/ some) email them & ask if you could try a sample! They happily sent me some.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Stellaburke

I was going through a dry skin phase and every moisturizer i would try didnt do a thing! A friend recommended this to me and after one use my skin was better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by brookester

I recently went to my dermatologist and he suggested this moisturizer to me. I had heard great reviews on this I was always hesitant to buy it bcuz I also heard it can be kind of greasy. I went ahead and bought it bcuz of my dermatologist and once again he was right! I love this moisturizer, its not greasy at all and for how thick and creamy it is it absorbs very quickly. It also has zero scent which is a plus for me bcuz I don't like and scent or artificial perfumes in my products. It also lasts a very long time and hasn't been breaking me out at all. I would recommend this product to people that have oily, acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by JamieKnowsBest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an AMAZING lotion! It just has to be the best drugstore shampoo ever! It makes my skin poreless and it is so soft! A bit pricey at 15 bucks but it works to good to be cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by khloe101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I struggle with the worst combination skin ever. I get extremely dry as well as oily everywhere. I use Acne.org's regimen, which (because of excessive amounts of benzoyl peroxide) is very drying. To help with this, I mix one pump of Cetaphil moisturizing lotion with a pump of this lotion and use that as my moisturizer. The cerave really makes the cetaphil less greasy. If I use the cetaphil alone, my oily skin cant handle it and my makeup just greases off within an hour of application. But this stuff cancels out the greasiness and I am so glad I found it!