CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/8/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Literally my holy grail moisturizer.

This cured my dry, irritated, oily-acne prone, confused skin!
A lot of moisturizers I tried would sting and just make my skin worse.
Finally, I purchased this product when my Dermatologist recommended it and OMG I'm so glad he did.

My skin LOVES this stuff. It keeps me hydrated and moisturizes my skin evenly, thoroughly.
It doesn't irritate me at all! And it doesn't break me out either!!!

It feels really gentle and doesn't feel TOO heavy. I use it in the morning and night time. It doesn't feel heavy under my makeup.

During the winter months, I find it needs a little back-up with some moisturizing masks and serums, though! Or its cream counterpart! :) As I get very very dry during the harsh winter months especially in Canada. But it still keeps my skin relatively hydrated during then, just needs a little backup.

OVERALL, this is the best moisturizer I have and I've repurchased it 5 times now.
Love it. LOVE it.

on 1/7/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become my go to moisturizer. I have gone through many different kinds of moisturizers and was never satisfied. Having sensitive, acne-prone and combination skin, it has been an uphill journey to find a moisturizer that works for me.

I came upon this serendipitously and I absolutely loved it. It's a moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin, works well with my combination skin (oily T zone, dry to normal cheeks), and has not made me broke out. This moisturizer has also done wonders on reducing the stubborn redness around my cheeks. I am grateful that I came upon this product and I would recommend this is to just about anyone who still has not found their holy grail.

on 1/2/2014 8:11:00 PM

Using this on my mild Rosacea along with Eucerine Redness Relief cleanser & green tea toner(homemade). So far, I like this moisturizer. It soaks in & calms & repairs. No major breakouts to report yet!

on 12/28/2013 3:47:00 AM

My HG moisturizer!

*Morning: Quarter pump on dry areas of face.
*Night: Full pump in conjunction with Retin-A and possibly a few drops of Jojoba oil, depending on the staus of my skin

*The Good: Easily available, pump dispenser, combats the pesky flakies during the day, hydrates well over night, excellent overall moisturizer

*The Bad: Bit pricey compared to other moisturizers

*Overall: Been using this moisturizer for over 3 years and it has done nothing but good for my skin. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this on my face during colder months, in addition to my normal facial moisturizer. I get a little oily by the afternoon, but that's nothing oil blotters (or a toilet seat cover) can't fix. Works well under powder makeup.

on 11/26/2013 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a really great face lotion. It is very moisturizing and the hayluronic acid in it helps my skin keep in the moisture. I've noticed a few people say this, but when I apply this, my face flushes. It's kind of odd. I wear foundation daily, so it doesn't really matter, but it definitely does cause a red flush on me. I also prefer applying this at night, it's a little bit heavy and greasy. If I do apply in the morning it's a very small amount.

on 11/13/2013 3:59:00 PM

Love. This is a great unscented lotion that's really hydrating, and my skin loves it. I use on my hands, face and body, and have bottles of it stashed everywhere. When using the Cerave lotion as a facial moisturizer, I mix it with a few drops of my face oil and the combo moisturizes beautifully. I will definitely continue to repurchase.
***Edit- I can't use this on my face, as it causes breakouts. The breakouts are relatively minor, but still. As an aside, this stuff has completely rehabilitated my feet in two months, which really surprised me, since the lotion is kind of light. I've been applying the lotion religiously as I dress each morning, applying right before putting on my socks. I have no more cracked heels, which is amazing, because the cracks were quite deep. If I want more moisture for my feet, I also apply the lotion at night, follow up with a coat of Vaseline on top, then put on socks. My feet are ridiculously soft the next morning.

on 11/7/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well, this stuff is about as good as it is ever going to get for me as far as facial moisturizers go. I used it about 5 years ago when I was on my journey to clear skin. It was hard to tell, at that time, whether the CeraVe was beneficial, or whether it was causing a break out, because I was new with retin A and Spironolactone, and just getting my skin under control. I used MD Forte's Hydrate Replenish cream faithfully for years until it was discontinued (the supposed company replacement broke me out,) and it is still, to date, the only moisturizer that has never caused so much as even a clogged pore.

So off on a journey to find a new moisturizer I went. I picked up a bottle of this at Target after remembering it from years before, and it has been working pretty well for me so far. I get flakes from retin A and it seems to keep that under control. I, unfortunately, cannot wear it twice a day like I'd like to, or I get a few tiny little white heads, but if I stick to just in the morning, my skin does fine. My husband has been enjoying it as well, he says he likes that it doesn't feel sticky. For the price, the huge amount you get it a great deal as well.

on 11/1/2013 11:34:00 PM

Awesome. Nothing better for me on any shelf out there.

on 10/29/2013 7:03:00 PM

Big thanks to the gals on the Skincare Board for recommending this when I asked about a gentle moisturizer (available at the drugstore) to help my Retinol-dry and flakey skin!

I almost missed it on the shelf because the bottle looks like a hand/body moisturizer -- big container -- you get lots of lotion for a very good price.

This stuff is awesome. Did exactly what I was hoping: moisturized and calmed any irritation and got rid of the flakies.

No bells and whistles (extra age-fighting ingred/vitamins/spf) -- but my skin is very reactive and I haven't had much luck with moisturizers lately -- except for this on

Will always have this on hand.

Popular Moisturizers