CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/14/2014 7:50:00 AM

the price is a little high considering this is a body lotion. it's a good drugstore find with good ingredients (Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid) and unscented as well, which is always a plus.

on 2/10/2014 10:25:00 PM

I love this product! It's very light but very moisturizing. I use this every morning and if my skin seems to have a few dry patches I use it at night as a spot treatment. It doesn't clog my pores what so ever!

on 2/8/2014 5:29:00 PM

Love this lotion and have been using it for several years. I use it for my face and body. It is fragrance free so I like that it does not compete or interfere with any perfume I use. The formula is not too heavy or too light and it does not leave that odd greasy feeling some lotions tend to do. For these reasons I can use it under makeup too and I have not had any issue with my skin. The price is low so it's a great deal too. :)

on 2/8/2014 11:18:00 AM

So, I have to endure a very dry Colorado winter. My skin doesn't breakout so much anymore but it is sensitive. This lotion was a desperate attempt to find something to help my dry skin. However, it started to break me out within two days of using AND make me more red. I looked up the ingredients which, I should've of done before I put it on my skin. It contains Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol. Both those ingredients together have a comedogenic rating of 4/5! So, I am shocked some people don't break out from this. I'm sure a lot of people break out a month of using this rather than right away like my sensitive skin.

on 2/6/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

This lotion is probably more for your body than your face cause it contains a lot of pore clogging ingredients high up on the ingredient list...if you wanna use it on your face you might want to use it cautiously/test it first if you have acne prone skin (though if you use Cerave's facial pm lotion with no problems you prolly won't have problems with this one either). Ive learned the hard way that I can only use Cerave's am lotion on my face.

Anyways, I gave it a 2 because it's not the worst lotion I've ever used but it definitely doesn't seem to help much with the look and feel of my dehydrated skin (unless its my face, cause in that case it causes instant and MAJOR pore cloggage!)--plus, its one of those lotions that makes my clothes feel all greasy and almost seem smelly even after only wearing them for an hour (am I the only one this happens to?!). When my legs look dry and flaky all this stuff does is make them look dry and shiny and often still flaky at the same time. The fact that I actually payed $15 to get shiny crocodile skin just makes me sad.

on 1/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

i do not understand this lotion. i have very sensitive skin and have a very hard time finding products that dont irritate my skin. after being fed up with spending so much money on products that havent worked for me, i turned to my doctor. she reccommended i use this lotion from head to toe and that it would soothe my irritated skin whilst moisturizing it effectively. After one month of using this, i can honestly say it does none of those things. it irritates my face and arms to high heavens and leaves angry red patches that are painful and itchy. another bonus about this lotion is that it breaks me out SO BADLY! i quit using this for like a week and my face and arms cleared up from the rash and breakouts, and then, for some reason i do not understand, i tried it again for 1 day. 1 day!! and my face broke out like crazy in pimples and rashes again! i know for sure that it is this product, and while this may work well for others, this was an epic fail for me.
Pros:
-lightweight
-fragrance free
Cons:
-highly irritating (for me at least)
-highy poreclogging
-makes you oily throughout the day

on 1/23/2014 3:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

GREAT product! I just love that it can be used anywhere: face, hands, body, etc.
When you think about it, WHY would you use a moisturizer on your body, that you wouldn't use on your face?!
I originally bought this because my hands get super-dry in the winter, and I wanted a fragrance-free lotion for them. It works very effectively on my winter-chapped hands and I've since started using it on my face and body as well, and I've found it to be very moisturizing (in a non-greasy way) and non-irritating. It has a somewhat thin texture, which makes it easy to spread, but still has a very silky texture on the skin. The ceramides and H.A. are great ingredients to have. The price is very reasonable for the size of the bottle, too. Will definitely buy again!

on 1/22/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A simple moisturizer with beneficial ingredients that will improve the condition of your skin. I like it for these reasons. My skin is looking so much better since I started moisturizing morning and night with this. I am very acne-prone and this does not break me out. In fact, my skin seems to be clearing up and healing nicely. The only complaint I have is that it leaves my forehead looking shiny. Apparently this is the "greasiest" of CeraVe's moisturizers, so I might try a different one next time. This can also be used as body lotion! The 12 oz. size is generous for the price (~$11).

Simply the best body moisturiser I've ever used PLUS I hear you can use it on your face if it's particularly dry or sensitive without overloading it. I can believe this as it's very light once applied. My skin is very confused right now and my body is dry in patches. I've been using the Cerave PM and Cerave Hydrating Cleanser with great success so knew this would be great too. Unlike other very emollient moisturisers I have used, this lotion sinks in immediately, provides relief and superb moisturisation yet doesn't feel in the least bit greasy. I can put my clothes on immediately after applying and not have to re-apply until the evening. Another Cerave HG for me. It's just a shame it's not available in the UK (yet), as it is expensive to buy this via Amazon but I'll definitely re-purchase. The massive amount you get makes the p&p worth it.

on 1/21/2014 12:23:00 PM

This moisturizer is the best value and product I've ever used. It doesn't irritate my eczema, heals my skin including acne that's been treated with bp. You can use it on your face and body but I mostly just use it on my face. 12 ounces for $11 can't be beat for such a perfect moisturizer. Definitely try it if you have dry or sensitive skin, or are using harsher products for acne or another problem before moisturizing.

Popular Moisturizers