July 31, 2014 | 1800 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amour is one of the reasons why I love Nars. This is a gorgeous satiny peach and looks gorgeous on fair to medium skin tones. I'd bought it at the same time as Orgasm but this became a firm favourite as it looks so much more natural and flush-of-blood-to-the-cheeks sort of blush. It is highly pigmented, so just a light touch with the brush is enough to pick up a good amount. The colour stays true on my combination skin and doesn't oxidize into a muddy colour or smudge. That would be one of those rare colours that I would repeat buy if I ever hit the pan, which is very unlikely given how little you need to use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Amour is a beautiful peachy/coral blush with a satin like finish.
It truly is a beautiful color, unfortunately no matter how lightly I use it, it just always looks overdone on my very fair/cool skin tone. I purchased this with Torrid which also I must be extremely careful with because it can be easily overdone but it shows up on me less intense than Amour. The blush its self is stunning, amazing color pay off, but I think for my super fair complexion it's just too pigmeted and even using it with an extremely light hand it gives me sort of a clownish look, Torrid is a better choice for me. Im still giving this 5 lippies because the color is gorgeus, I can see this look beautiful on medium/olive skin tones. Sadly I must return Amour.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by buuuuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use Orgasm but I opted for this once I ran out, since I wasn't too into the glitter. It's very highly pigmented (moreso than Orgasm), which can be both a pro and a con. I hardly tap my blush brush onto the surface and I get a lot of color out of it. Thus, it has lasted forever.
The color is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by mochacino

People often described Amour as the matte version of Orgasm. IMO, orgasm still a bit more pink than Amour. I don't know why I rarely pick up this blush. Amour is such a pretty colour on the pan and on my face. I guessed maybe i'm more fond of the shimmery blush than the matte one. The same with Orgasm, i think Amour is best suited for lighter skintone. http://aboutagirl.onsugar.com/Review-NARS-Blushes-Swatches-11880958

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first ever NARS blush. Just bought it yesterday and now I know why women are crazy about NARS blush. I love the color, good for daytime as well as night time. A little goes a LONG way so, I don't know if I'm ever gonna hit the pan. But this blush made me consider other NARS colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

Love, love, love. This color works beautifully on my N20 skin. As other reviews have said, this powder is really pigmented and glides on with a good powder brush effortlessly. Honestly, this color would be so flattering when applied with a light hand on a variety of skin colors. I popped it on my sister's cheeks (NC25), and she instantly looked gorgeous. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it again, but other than that, no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I have recently been on a NARS kick and have been happy with everything and this blush is no exception. Great pigmentation and texture and having had other NARS blushes I knew to start lightly with this but it is hard to make a mistake. Whether I layer this over a powder foundation or liquid the color stays true and still in place at the end of the day. I was looking for something that would work with a variety of lip colors and this fits the bill.
A few days after I purchased this my married daughter 'borrowed' it and asked if she could keep it-it looked so great on her. I was happy to let keep it and bought myself another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As many have commented, "Amour" is a color that looks beautiful with varying skin tones. My skin goes from pale to tan to pale again very easily and I've discovered that this blush looks amazing regardless. It's great for daytime or night, as well. I'd describe it as a deep coral with a hint of rosyness, no shimmer included. I know "Orgasm" is the holy grail blush of MUA, and don't get me wrong I love that one too, but "Amour" is as close to a personal HG blush as I've ever gotten, 2 thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by spriley1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really beautiful blush that I can see complimenting many different skintones. If you like deep throat but don't like shimmer in your blushes I recommend amour- it's a bit like deep throat with a good dose of coral and a matte finish (which I prefer as I don't want to highlight the pores on my cheeks). $26 is really expensive for a blush but it will last you FOREVER I seriously can't see myself ever hitting pan, because I literally pat my blush brush in the pan once for each cheek and that's PLENTY of color.The packaging is gorgeous but annoying as I apply my foundation with my fingers and then my blush so I have foundation colored finger prints all over it, which is a pain in the ass to take off. Nars blushes in general are a great investment, and amour is one of my special favorites. I'm NW20 for reference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This another blush that is crazy pigmented. It'd say this is a vivid coral with no shimmer. Just a tiny swipe of the brush and that goes a long way. As with all Nars blushes they are extrememly pigmented and will last a lifetime. The compact is partly why I get suckered, I just love Nars packaging. This blush is great, however I have to admit it's very close to fleur power and instant chic. I don't see the point in owning all 3. If you have any of the 3 I listed, you don't need the others. I would probably not repurchase only because this will last forever and I have the other 2 mentioned as well. My picture is of the 3 blush comparisons.