NARS Amour

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful coral/pink blush, but beware: a little goes a long way if you aren't careful...especially if you have fair skin. I love this shade in the warmer months. It's a matte blush, but that doesn't make it any less gorgeous. I LOVE NARS' packaging--it fits easily in my make-up bag and the large mirror is very convenient.

on 2/2/2011 3:28:00 PM

I gave it 2 lippies only because it is a mat blush without any shimmer, it looks really pretty at the sephora counter, but when I bought it, it looks different under the natual light,it is not peachy pink at all, it is red.and on my face, it looks like I got burn or irritate with only one slightly tap and rub off the excess on the back of my hand.but still it pulls red.this is going back to sephora.too bad it is not easy to find a mat blush. nice quality tho. I think it will suit darker skin tone girls, I am NC 20-25 with yellow undertone.

on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM

Oy, where to start! I am NW20, black/brown hair, brown eyes. The color is nice a corally pink. But it was still a bit "ruddy" on my fair - medium skin. You could "see" the blush no matter how much I blended. You have to be careful with the application; it goes on a bit strong. Temptalia lists this as a dupe for MAC Fleur Power, but FP works sooooo much better on my NW20 skin. FP is more pink, where as Amour is more corally/peach. But the difference makes a huge impact on how I can wear the blush.

Now the part that really sucks. NARS blush...right, my first NARS blush...I was soooo excited. But, it completely irritated my skin! Who gets irritated by NARS blush...I have never heard of this?!? But as soon as I put it on and walk away from the mirror, my cheeks felt warm & a bit stingy. Not awful, but my cheeks were getting warmer and warmer. And it wasn't just once. It happened every time. This is the only new item I added. You are probably scoffing right now, I would be too, but it was real. So, I will be moving back to MAC blushes. I have never had this reaction to any one of their finishes. Amour will be going back to Nordies.

on 1/1/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Described as a (peachy pink), I can't wait for Summer to wear this! I've worn it a few times and love it but to me it's more of a Summer shade.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone

on 12/31/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My first NARS blush and my favorite. I am NC30-35 and this gives me a polished flush. I am yellow/olive based and this color pulls more red-pink on me but in a nice way. Certainly NOT clownish AT ALL. Polished and almost universal in shade but not boring. Just gorgeous.

It is heavily pigmented but not scary. I don't have to use a fan brush brush with this, like I do desire. I can certainly pile more on for a bolder look but it still is not clownish looking.

Love it. If you are olive/medium toned- try this out!

on 12/28/2010 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I want to love this blush, and in the pan, I do. However, on my skin it looks a little clown-like. It shows up more pink or even a bit plum on me. I will probably purchase again though as I've bought two in the hopes that it will magically work!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Amour to me is a pinky-coral, a tad darker and a tad pinker than orgasm. I personally like it as a warm pink blush, which is dark enough to show up on my NC30 skin yet light enough to not overpower the rest of my makeup.
I love applying this blush with a stippling brush, since the pigmentation of this matte blush is amazing.
Although, the only reason for a lippie off is the lack of staying power. It stays on for about 4 to 5 hours even with face primer and foundation, but will fade as the day goes on.
Love the color, not so much the staying power.

on 12/4/2010 3:51:00 PM

I love this blush! It's a sheer pinky peach with a tiny hint of red.It's the exact color I blush! I use it on days I don't want to use bronzer and blush. I brush a little on my cheeks, forehead, and nose and it warms up my light complexion without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. It's the perfect "outdoor" flush! Love it!

on 12/1/2010 2:47:00 PM

Amour is one of the reasons why I love Nars. This is a gorgeous satiny peach and looks gorgeous on fair to medium skin tones. I'd bought it at the same time as Orgasm but this became a firm favourite as it looks so much more natural and flush-of-blood-to-the-cheeks sort of blush. It is highly pigmented, so just a light touch with the brush is enough to pick up a good amount. The colour stays true on my combination skin and doesn't oxidize into a muddy colour or smudge. That would be one of those rare colours that I would repeat buy if I ever hit the pan, which is very unlikely given how little you need to use!

on 11/20/2010 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Amour is a beautiful peachy/coral blush with a satin like finish.
It truly is a beautiful color, unfortunately no matter how lightly I use it, it just always looks overdone on my very fair/cool skin tone. I purchased this with Torrid which also I must be extremely careful with because it can be easily overdone but it shows up on me less intense than Amour. The blush its self is stunning, amazing color pay off, but I think for my super fair complexion it's just too pigmeted and even using it with an extremely light hand it gives me sort of a clownish look, Torrid is a better choice for me. Im still giving this 5 lippies because the color is gorgeus, I can see this look beautiful on medium/olive skin tones. Sadly I must return Amour.

Top Rated NARS Products