October 25, 2014 | 1200 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shampoo was fairly cheap for such a large bottle. I originally wanted to buy a smaller version since it was my first time trying this line out, but my Rite Aid only had the jumbo bottles. I heard so much hype surrounding this range and was looking for something to spruce up my hair, which was a little dull. This product had a light pleasant scent and lathered up well. It is a tad drying so I had to make sure my hair was well conditioned afterwards. While it definitely did a decent job of cleansing my hair, I didn't notice any particularly noticeable change to my hair with use.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bequeenb

do not use this if your hair is thin and dry! It doesn't make your hair shiny or glamorous, so if that is what you are looking for then you are on the wrong way. my hair didn't work out with this, but im sure it's great if you have thick, big, moisturized and curly hair, otherwise i would recommend another schampoo. cheers!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lucyballerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For some reason all the shampoos I have used work the same. I have thick hair up to about my elbows but it does not make my hair any thicker. I have seen a little bit of growth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the better one out of the two (conditioner vs. shampoo). It definitely cleans and conditions your hair, but then when I put the conditioner on the silkiness goes away. I wish it came in a smaller bottle, its kind of bulky in the shower. This definitely gives your a hair a bunch of volume, if that's what your looking for, but that is not on my top priority. Mane 'n Tail beats Pantene by far, too, but I'm switching to something else after the rest of the bottle is used

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by InfiniteBritishInfinity

This product is simply great. It made my hair thicker, and mended my split ends. The price is amazing, and the smell is really light, but still smells good. The packaging isn't the best, but it's good enough to not let the product leak, and keep it all inside. The smell smells like a lighter version of an average tresimee shampoo. It made my hair a whole lot shiner and my hair grew atleast an half an inch a month. I have hair extensions, but when I went to my friends house without them in, and came over again in 4 months, she was amazed at how much my hair grew. I really like this product, but if you buy it, I think it's a must to buy the conditioner with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just okay not great but not bad either. Reasonably priced and does what it's supposed to do. I have used better shampoos. The texture is also a little weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I just started using it but I anticipate great results .. after only the first use with conditioner my hair is softer and shinier .. my boyfriend is using it as well! It smelled nice, lathered nice, and I especially liked that I could use the conditioner as a leave-in as well! I am on medication that dries my hair out so I can only wash it once a week anyway, so this is great to use!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

I reviewed this product a while back but my opinion of the product has changed so I am changing my review. First off, I give this 5 stars for animal use. This is the only shampoo I will use on my dog and cat. It never irritates their skin and leaves their coats shiny and healthy. Now onto human use: This gets the job done. Period. It leaves my hair cleaner than any other shampoo I've ever tried. This with the matching conditioner make my hair feel stronger and shinier. The problem is that I can't use it every day or my hair starts to feel dry. (Thats why I gave it a bad review the first time.) But, I now realize this is really just a good strengthening shampoo/ conditioner and all I needed to do was alternate a moisturizing conditioner into my routine. (Right now I'm loving the One n Only Argan Oil Restorative Treatment.) I highly recommend Mane n Tail... As long as your willing to alternate the conditioner every few days with something more moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by abwarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mom got the shampoo for my dad after a few colleagues at work told her about its supposed hair growth properties. I decided to try it as well after reading so many glowing reviews.
I have long hair down to my waist, and while I don't particularly have that much hair, the individual strands themselves are very thick. I usually keep 3 different brands of drugstore shampoos (+ respective conditioners) in my bathroom (Head&Shoulders, L'oreal, Dove) which I alternate every few days.
I noticed a dramatic change in my hair texture after using the M&T shampoo. It made my hair coarse, hard to manage, and completely destroyed the glossy shine. I used an intensive repair conditioner after the shampoo, and still got such disappointing results.
My dad has been using this product for around 3 months now, and we have yet to see any substantial results (neither new hair growth, or faster growth speed of existing hairs).
I mentioned the coarseness and lack of shine, which are indications that the hair cuticles are not laying flat, or are damaged. Your hair will feel more voluminous when the cuticles are damaged, but it's not because you are growing new hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by vanvanone

When i first got this shampoo i was super excited to use it and it smelled pretty good. I feel like this stuff really did make my hair grow a little bit! Probably about 2 extra inches? but, after about a school year of use my hair got used to the shampoo and conditioner and it left my hair feeling kinda gross and not so bouncy anymore. I ended up saving about a 1/4 of a bottle of it and i still have it. Everytime i've gone to use it my hair still feels like crap basically.