Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love love love this shampoo. it has made my hair grow so fast. it is usually so brittle and damaged. now i have long strong beautiful hair. im not too fond of the smell tho.

on 7/9/2014 12:44:00 PM

i like this product bc it makes my hair grow super fast. i dont on the other hand like the smell at all. but at least my hair is long and beautiful!

on 6/30/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My hair breaks, and it tears. When I use Main and Tail, I can feel t atually strengthen my hair. It gives volume, and I think it is making my hair grow out too. I have been using it for a little over 4 months now, and my hair has grown a little faster than it usally does. I wear extensions, so sometimes this will stunt my hair growth. But I am still wearing extensions, and my hair is still growing much faster.

on 6/28/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this shampoo and conditioner. My hair type is fine and straight, I noticed it added great strength to my hair and helped to thicken my hair as well. I've been using for 3+ months. Great product! Won't go back.

on 6/25/2014 9:55:00 PM

Felt great when I started using it but after a while i noticed a lot of hair fall, made my hair dry after a while, what i dont get is why there is gelatin and collagen in it

I got this product for one reason, to get longer hair. I've heard about it many times throughout the YouTube etc. Both the shampoo and conditioner are relatively cheap, I think only about $6 or so. When I first used the shampoo and conditioner my hair felt super weighed down and tangled. I was immediately disappointed. A few days after I gave mane n tail another go, and I must say it works wonders! I guess your hair just has to get used to it or something, because even after 3 days my hair is shiny, manageable but not oily:) as for the hair growth, I do notice my hair growing but not at any miracle speed or anything. I switch mane n tail out with my herbal essence shampoo and conditioner and continue to get great results. I highly recommend the mane n tail shampoo, not so much the conditioner as I found it to be quite watery. Overall great products!

on 6/19/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this shampoo about 5 years ago and really didn't like it because it stripped my hair and didn't do anything beneficial for it. Plus, my hair just looked blah and flat. Plus, the ingredients are very cheap and not good for your hair. The packaging is ugly and bulky. Not recommended!

on 6/19/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this shampoo up at my local Kroger's for just $5.99 for a huge 32 oz bottle. After reading some of the reviews, I was expecting a watery yellow substance that didn't foam much. I was surprised when this turned out to be a thick pearly white cream that produced plenty of rich creamy lather. This cleaned well, and added a lot of body to my medium fine hair. (I could actually feel the extra volume in the shower, while my hair was still wet!)

I'll warn you up front, this shampoo contains sodium lauryl sulfate. However, that's the only sulfate in it, which might be preferable to all the other so called "No-SLS" shampoos out there today with two or three other sulfates or pseudo-sulfates in them. Regardless, my hair didn't feel dry afterwards. Nor did it feel super moisturized. This is more of a clarifying shampoo plus protein for body and strength. You'll need conditioner along with this shampoo, which is true of most shampoos. I used the matching conditioner from Mane n Tail, and was very happy with the results, but that's another review.

Anyways, this shampoo also contains protein in the form of hydrolyzed collagen. From what I've read, it's very important that whatever form of protein is used that it be hydrolyzed, otherwise it just gets washed down the drain. Hydrolyzed protein has been broken down in such a way that it is small enough to actually attach itself to the tiny cracks and fissures in the hair shaft making the hair stronger. Just be careful that you don't over do it on this shampoo. Too much protein can make some hair dry. In which case, you'll want to rotate this with something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go to shampoo. It has worked well for me cleaning my hair. After some time I began to notice it working its magic after sometime. My hair grew out thick and I decided to get a trim. Unfortunately my hair started to dry out because of the protein and I was not as happy as I was before. overall I still have and use it but I alternate with another shampoo

on 6/4/2014 5:24:00 PM

All I can say is I wish I took a before-and-after picture!! LOVE this shampoo. Not too sure how I feel about the conditioner, I usually stick with a moisturizing one or a mask because, yes, this shampoo will dry out your hair a little bit. But I find it's still better than most expensive shampoos out there. It gives my hair amazing body and shine! I wouldn't be surprised if it makes my hair grow because my hair is looking healthier than ever! :)

Popular Shampoos