December 21, 2014 | 1738 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by daysofarabianlives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading SO many mixed reviews on Clinique’s 3 Step Skin Care regime I was really nervous about trying it but decided to try it anyway – i have really oily skin and by the middle of the day regardless of weather my face will look like an oil slick… I LOVE this stuff! The toner (of whatever Clinique call it) I use is the number 3 and together with the moisturising gel my face gets dewy by late afternoon! This is the BEST my skin has EVER been! I cannot recommend this enough to people with really oily skin… I leave use it when i am in the shower and find it easy to apply - my fiance tried it but said that it wasn't really good for him as he has normal skin so it left him feeling a little "tight". I will definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by penguin10

First of all, one of these bottles has lasted me for a long, long time. I still have my first bottle and it's been at least a year, maybe two and a good fourth of it is left. It will last you a long time. I use it everyday in the shower and it's great for removing oil, especially in the morning when I've had my face up against my pillow and touching my hair (which can get a little oily). It's not too harsh either. Would definitely recommend and it is worth paying a little more because it will last you quite awhile. You don't need much to spread around your face, maybe half a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Clinique's 3 step system gets a lot of hate around here. But, a while back, a got the system for oily skin and the one thing in the package that impressed me was the cleanser. I was using the cleanser regularly and found it made my skin clean and helped keep breakouts and clogged pores at bay. However, I wanted to trim my beauty budget for a while and stopped using this and began to randomly use a bunch of drugstore cleansers. My skin was acting up and I went to buy the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap again for Oily skin. I'm so happy I did. This cleanser really helps zap oil but doesn't dry it out and flake the skin. I apply 2 pumps to my damp face and use a face brush in small circular motions for 2 minutes than rinse. Even though it is pricey for a cleanser, it works great for my skin and I feel that it is worth the fifteen bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a GWP from Clinique. Really cleanses well, got off all my makeup, and left skin feeling tingly/minty. Downfalls were price and didn't keep me from breaking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. Alot. Which is great because after having an awful experience with cliniques 3-step-system a few years ago i thought i'd never go back to them, but im glad i did. I picked up a big bottle of this for $17 from the clinique corporate store and have been using it for a few months. My skin has never looked better! I used to be so oily with bad breakouts but my skin is calm and clear since using this! I like to pump a small amount into my hands, lather it up and then lighty massage into my face for 1-2 minutes ( i know that seems like a long time but i think thats also what has helped my skin, taking time to cleanse properly)

So yes, this is my new HG cleanser - Love it!! The only gripe i have is the smell - its very plain, i like a bit of fragrance, but its a very small price to pay for wonderful clear skin :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I do like this but don't think it's worth the price. I use the other Clinique skin care products for oily skin (Claryfying Lotion 3 and SuperDefense moisturiser for oily skin) but use other face washes for oily skin instead that are cheaper and sometimes do a better job. I would repurchase this if it was on offer but otherwise i'm going to stick to the cheaper face washes like Garnier/L'Oreal/Simple!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tonystonem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over ten years now. My skin is very sensitive and gets very oily as the day goes on, and this cleanser really seems to minimize that. I decided to try something else for a little while not too long ago because I'd heard good things about it, and I could definitely tell a huge difference. Nothing compares to Clinique, and I won't be making that mistake again. This cleanser (complete with the toner and gel) has and continues to keep my skin clear and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by emma9009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amaing product. Cleans my skin inside out. I'm oily on my T-zone, so it may be drying on my cheeks sometimes, but jason's Vitamin E oil works best with this. I don't use the toner and moisturizer that comes with this, because it made me breakout. But this works wonders! My skin is balanced, and I only have acne scar, no more acne anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by KNGU

Clinique's Facial Liquid Soap is the best cleanser I have ever used and it's cheap ($15 at Sephora)! When I first bought it ten months ago (I'm on my second bottle, it lasts very long!) my face was so oily and I had a few large cystic bumps. I heard about this cleanser on youtube and thought I give it a try. Within the week my face was under control. The oiliness decreased so much that I didn't even have to use blotting paper anymore but I used them anyway out of habit. My cystic bumps also decreased drastically. I still have occasional breakouts but nothing serious. Just a few small red/white bumps that go away within a week or two. I did however have a horrible breakout two weeks ago. No cystic acne but a cluster of small bumps on my chin and cheeks that were very noticeable. I thought my skin got too use to Clinique so I switched to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser because I heard that gentle cleansers are better for long term results. That was not the case at all. The Cetaphil cleanser actually gave me more acne! I gave it a week and couldn't handle it no more so I went back to Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap for oily skin and it worked again! I still have a few bumps left but my cheeks are now just left with scars from the healed acne that I'll probably treat with the Clinique dark spot corrector or the Mario Badescu Whitening Mask. I'll probably keep using this cleanser until I grow out of my teen years and when acne will not be such a problem anymore.

Oh yeah I started using this cleanser with the Classic Clarisonic Brush a month ago and the results are way better. My scars fade way faster now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Blingbling07

I've been using this for 2-3 years, and i love it! now it doesn't really help with my acne problem, but it does help a lot with my skin feeling smooth, and really clean after wards. It has a minty sensation when you wash your face, and my face feels clean when i use it. I use it with the 3 step system, and i like it. I might try something new next time for getting rid of acne, but just for everyday, this works well