July 25, 2014 | 1025 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I do like this but don't think it's worth the price. I use the other Clinique skin care products for oily skin (Claryfying Lotion 3 and SuperDefense moisturiser for oily skin) but use other face washes for oily skin instead that are cheaper and sometimes do a better job. I would repurchase this if it was on offer but otherwise i'm going to stick to the cheaper face washes like Garnier/L'Oreal/Simple!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tonystonem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over ten years now. My skin is very sensitive and gets very oily as the day goes on, and this cleanser really seems to minimize that. I decided to try something else for a little while not too long ago because I'd heard good things about it, and I could definitely tell a huge difference. Nothing compares to Clinique, and I won't be making that mistake again. This cleanser (complete with the toner and gel) has and continues to keep my skin clear and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by emma9009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amaing product. Cleans my skin inside out. I'm oily on my T-zone, so it may be drying on my cheeks sometimes, but jason's Vitamin E oil works best with this. I don't use the toner and moisturizer that comes with this, because it made me breakout. But this works wonders! My skin is balanced, and I only have acne scar, no more acne anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by KNGU

Clinique's Facial Liquid Soap is the best cleanser I have ever used and it's cheap ($15 at Sephora)! When I first bought it ten months ago (I'm on my second bottle, it lasts very long!) my face was so oily and I had a few large cystic bumps. I heard about this cleanser on youtube and thought I give it a try. Within the week my face was under control. The oiliness decreased so much that I didn't even have to use blotting paper anymore but I used them anyway out of habit. My cystic bumps also decreased drastically. I still have occasional breakouts but nothing serious. Just a few small red/white bumps that go away within a week or two. I did however have a horrible breakout two weeks ago. No cystic acne but a cluster of small bumps on my chin and cheeks that were very noticeable. I thought my skin got too use to Clinique so I switched to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser because I heard that gentle cleansers are better for long term results. That was not the case at all. The Cetaphil cleanser actually gave me more acne! I gave it a week and couldn't handle it no more so I went back to Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap for oily skin and it worked again! I still have a few bumps left but my cheeks are now just left with scars from the healed acne that I'll probably treat with the Clinique dark spot corrector or the Mario Badescu Whitening Mask. I'll probably keep using this cleanser until I grow out of my teen years and when acne will not be such a problem anymore.

Oh yeah I started using this cleanser with the Classic Clarisonic Brush a month ago and the results are way better. My scars fade way faster now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Blingbling07

I've been using this for 2-3 years, and i love it! now it doesn't really help with my acne problem, but it does help a lot with my skin feeling smooth, and really clean after wards. It has a minty sensation when you wash your face, and my face feels clean when i use it. I use it with the 3 step system, and i like it. I might try something new next time for getting rid of acne, but just for everyday, this works well

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to write a review for this product because I cannot decide if it was going to be positive or negative. I think this works well as a cleanser. It definitely removes makeup and never dried my skin.

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with the other reviewers regarding its gentleness. I'm not dumb and realize that this is not meant to be used around the eyes. However, it's only natural that every now and then the soap would manage to get into my eyes. But instead of the expected sting, I'd end up with searing pain, and spend the rest of that day with swollen, bloodshot eyes.

Did the Clinique people not consider that maybe, just maybe, my facial soap, which I use on my face, where my eyes are located, might slip into my eye and that maybe they should think about keeping the harsh ingredients out?

Ugh, Clinique, I am DONE with you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by celticsiog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG face wash. Can't live without it. Its great and a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by calledit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this soap has turned my skin around and reversed the damage that years of bothering at blemishes has done. i love the way it foams up, and i love everything else about this soap. definately suggest trying this if you're in need of a new cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I did like this soap. You only need a little, lathers nicely, leaves a very fresh, mildly tingly feeling afterwards whichis nice. It's not supposed to remove makeup as far as I know, so I don't use it for that or expect it. My face does feel a little dry afterwards but I just use a little proactiv moisturizer afterwards and it's fine. I have the smaller, travel-size tube which I think I like a little more than the bigger bottle. I might even like this better than dove for my skin. I don't think I'm going to get this again...I think if you have acne flareups from stress or hormones, this does nothing to help it. Don't get me wrong, it's ok for a plain facial cleanser, but if you want clearer skin or results of any kind, this will not do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Jys0009

I love this product! I've used many products before this such as fresh soy face cleanser, ester lauder, lancome, nuskin, drugstore brands, dermatology, murad.... Etc. And I just never found the right one until now! This cleanser lathers very well and it has a minty feeling which makes cleaning your face so refreshing! I love the bottle and packaging. I can tell this does take away oil, I have oil combination skin with some dry spots and I breakout sometimes. This is a great product for sensitive skin as well. It's only 15.00! Not too cheap but not too expensive. I didn't buy this in a pack together with the lotion and toner. I actually don't use the toner and lotion, don't really like them. So, I just buy this cleanser :) I highly recommend this to anyone. I'm a person who's gone through so many products and tested each one one and trust me, this is a great buy.