September 30, 2014 | 1000 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dune EDT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had a soft spot for DUNE, although it isn't one I would reach for every day I love it when I smell someone passing by wearing this it does smell like the sun, in a very summery, beachy, sand dune kinda way. I know a lot of older woman wear this but I think it is for all ages, a true classic, like all of Diors beautiful scents it lasts the whole day - such a positive with any fragrance purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by honeydew5555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i know not so many people like this perfume, but whenevr i wear this DUNE on, i feel like "my realself" hehehe maybe i'm prude heheh well, but this one is so sweet and can be lovely at the same time, i feel good all day when i wear this on...love it oh, but please don't over put it! :P it's strong ;) and very endure (which is good values actually, just don't put it too much)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by HappySuzie

This scent gives me a horrid headach!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to admit I have been unfair to Dune. It's my first "real" fragrance ever and therefore it will always take a special place in my heart:-) However, Dune is a strange one. It's strong, but well blended. It's sharp, but with mellow ends. I didn't wear it for years, till yesterday - it was more than 30 degrees Celsius, hot and heavy weather, and I couldn't bear the idea of puting on any fragrance at all. Strangely, I reached for Dune (of all the perfumes), and later in the afternoon I realised why on first place I loved Dune so much -it was the Summer in a bottle - with its breeze, the hot stones of the buildings, the fresh perfume of a man walking bfore me, the leaves of the trees on the streets, the heat in the car when I step in. This all in one. Maybe it's a sentiment, but I am inlove with Dune again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by auras

Love it for years, so bold and rich (not for daytime wear I'd say) I can't get enough of it (and I usually can't get to finish a 50 ml bottle of perfume). This one is just special to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mildred

If you can find Dune in the pure parfum strength,it is very elegant.I had the good luck to purchase a set of four Dior pure perfumes (NOT EDP's or Esprit)-Poison,Tendre,Miss Dior and Dune.Used sparingly,not sprayed,is the ultimate way to wear and appreciate this fragrance.
There is an element to this scent that will turn on you according to your chemistry,whether it's the edt or edp.Personally,I find the edt too sharp,too citrusy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2006 10:10:00 PM More reviews by princesswendy85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ick, this smells just like mens' cologne! It reminds me of the cheap stuff my dad wore when I was a kid. Maybe I could possibly appreciate it more had I been to the Middle East or Mediterranean, as one reviewer suggested. I don't know... I personally hate this scent, but my boyfriend's mom likes it. If she ever decides to stop liking it, then I know I will have nothing to do with it. My advice: buy it for a male.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated Dune when it first came out. The initial searing sharpness really turned me off. It just wasn't my style of fragrance. I thought it was too loud, aggressive and masculine smelling. However, I just rediscovered a bottle of Dune in the back of a dresser drawer, and I like it now. Fickle me. Dune smells great on this wintry February day. It's warm and sunny, somewhat sweet, and it has a woodiness to it that seems in line with the current trend in fragrances. It really is evocative of a warm, sunny, salty beach somewhere...ahhh...I wish! Close your eyes and imagine. I can see how some people just can't handle this one. It's sharp and strong. But that does die down if you give it a chance and wait for the warm salty sweetness develop. Yes, very skin scentish as others have noted. Spraying too much of this at one time would choke an elephant, though. Small doses is the way to go. I won't purchase more when this bottle is gone because it will probably take me forever to finish it anyway, and there are so many others on my wish list. Still, this is not the horror I once thought. I guess I understand this type of fragrance better now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2006 8:00:00 AM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dune is pretty nice, but if it only wasn´t as salty as it is. For some reason reminds me of holiday in Greece (I guess because of the "sea smell") :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by classiccolors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize perfume is very individual but I thought this stuff was VILE!! I received it as a gift from someone who adores it, so obviously not everyone feels this way, but it sure convinced me that perfume is too individual to give as a gift, especially an expensive perfume like this. I sprayed a little on my wrists and immediately felt like I'd walked into a nursing home. YUCK. I found nothing beach or dune like in the fragrance. It was an overpowering musky/floral/cheap chemical. I decided to let it wear on me a little to see if it mellowed. I walked into the kitchen and my husband who was close by but in the dining room immediately called out, 'What smells so bad?' So I rinsed my hands in the sink, didn't use soap but lots of water. A while later my husband walked into the kitchen as he was about to hug me he made a face and gagging sound and turned away, not exactly the reaction you want to get from your perfume. I'm about to go take a shower to get the stench off me, have to dip into my lush stash to help replace the scent with something that smells good!