Dior Dune EDT

3.6

on 9/5/2006 10:02:00 AM

Dune is an amber/oriental that I found too strong to keep on my skin for very long - I was scrubbing away after a few minutes, although, thanks to that darned (or wonderful) Dior staying power, it wasn't an easy task. It smells very synthetic on me, and the initial alcoholic blast makes me cough just remembering it. Alas, Dune and I will not be meeting again.

on 8/14/2006 9:01:00 PM

To me this smells like warm dry shrubs like maybe shrubs baking in the sun on a sand dune? Dont ask me what kind of shrubs but I like them whatever they are. I used to wear this a lot in the 90s, ran through a few bottles, then bought it again last summer and hated it, was so disappointed. Then I tried it again in October and loved it again, so this is definitely a cooler weather scent for me. Warm shrubs just wont do in summer. When I say shrubs I mean like wood but not as woody as wood like wood that has just started to dry out and still has some green?

An interesting scent that evolves a lot over time, great lasting power, warm yet fresh with an amber base. Very distinctive.

on 7/13/2006 1:48:00 PM

I had this as a GWP and i just felt that it was all too strong as a fragrance and i didn't like it. I felt it was a very harsh fragrance that i wouldn't like to wear during the day. It's just too much. I think it would be lovely for night out. I just try applying abit before i sleep (now having the habit to put on some perfume before i sleep) as time goes by, i feel it lighten into something nicer. It's hard to describe but i actually kinda like it. But still, i don't think this is something i would use in the long run. I don't see myself purchasing this. Update: Ok i would like to say that i actually fancy this perfume after putting it on everyday on a trip out..... it actually is quite sweet smell and i like the way it last but it can be a overwhelming scent so not everyone like it. For me, at first. Now, it's better and i look forward getting the big bottle too, oh mine what a big change a trip can do to my hole in the pocket. I give the rating to 4 but i can't give 5. It still isn't that perfect.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have always had a soft spot for DUNE, although it isn't one I would reach for every day I love it when I smell someone passing by wearing this it does smell like the sun, in a very summery, beachy, sand dune kinda way. I know a lot of older woman wear this but I think it is for all ages, a true classic, like all of Diors beautiful scents it lasts the whole day - such a positive with any fragrance purchase.

on 5/27/2006 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i know not so many people like this perfume, but whenevr i wear this DUNE on, i feel like "my realself" hehehe maybe i'm prude heheh well, but this one is so sweet and can be lovely at the same time, i feel good all day when i wear this on...love it oh, but please don't over put it! :P it's strong ;) and very endure (which is good values actually, just don't put it too much)

on 5/25/2006 4:40:00 PM

This scent gives me a horrid headach!!!!!!!!!

on 5/25/2006 12:57:00 PM

I have to admit I have been unfair to Dune. It's my first "real" fragrance ever and therefore it will always take a special place in my heart:-) However, Dune is a strange one. It's strong, but well blended. It's sharp, but with mellow ends. I didn't wear it for years, till yesterday - it was more than 30 degrees Celsius, hot and heavy weather, and I couldn't bear the idea of puting on any fragrance at all. Strangely, I reached for Dune (of all the perfumes), and later in the afternoon I realised why on first place I loved Dune so much -it was the Summer in a bottle - with its breeze, the hot stones of the buildings, the fresh perfume of a man walking bfore me, the leaves of the trees on the streets, the heat in the car when I step in. This all in one. Maybe it's a sentiment, but I am inlove with Dune again!

on 4/14/2006 10:35:00 PM

Love it for years, so bold and rich (not for daytime wear I'd say) I can't get enough of it (and I usually can't get to finish a 50 ml bottle of perfume). This one is just special to me.

on 3/12/2006 8:00:00 PM

If you can find Dune in the pure parfum strength,it is very elegant.I had the good luck to purchase a set of four Dior pure perfumes (NOT EDP's or Esprit)-Poison,Tendre,Miss Dior and Dune.Used sparingly,not sprayed,is the ultimate way to wear and appreciate this fragrance.
There is an element to this scent that will turn on you according to your chemistry,whether it's the edt or edp.Personally,I find the edt too sharp,too citrusy.

Ick, this smells just like mens' cologne! It reminds me of the cheap stuff my dad wore when I was a kid. Maybe I could possibly appreciate it more had I been to the Middle East or Mediterranean, as one reviewer suggested. I don't know... I personally hate this scent, but my boyfriend's mom likes it. If she ever decides to stop liking it, then I know I will have nothing to do with it. My advice: buy it for a male.

Popular Fragrances