August 29, 2014 | 1645 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by kikibaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation looks flawless compared to other brands I have tried. The coverage is excellent. Sometimes you don't need to wear anything underneath. On nights when I want full coverage I use my colorstay liquid foundation underneath this powder and it works wonders in covering acne scars and dull/uneven skin. The price is costly though but the only equivalent product I've bought with the same coverage and finest of the powder would be the Dior one. but the Dior oxidizes a fair bit. Chanel Powder in sable is the perfect match for me.. when putting it on, it will seem too light but after a few minutes it becomes your natural color more and hard to detect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pinkpaige

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder I've ever used. It's very finely milled, goes on like a dream, matches my skin tone & the coverage is excellent. The finish is absolutely beautiful, looks best (like others said) after it has a few minutes to set. It's not the most oil controlling powder, but that's not it's purpose for me. With a good foundation underneath, my freckles, acne marks & dark circles are completely covered without having to use additional concealer. I apply with a brush for a less heavy look. Also, I do not like the powder applied wet. I find it looks pasty/chalky. This replaced maybelline powderstay, which is a nice drug store product, but it has poor color selection & oxides terribly. I'm on my like 15th compact of DP & recently tried the Nars powder foundation (not good) & was reminded why this is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Kathryn89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that's acne prone. This foundation did not break me out , but it did dry out my skin a little, so I only use this during summer. Tender bisque is a perfect match to my skin tone. The finely milled powder gives a pretty good coverage without being caky. It does require touch up during the day, but then, most powder foundations do. Overall, I like this a lot and would definitely buy again.
Update: Chanel changed their formula on this. Now it just sits on top of the skin and looks way too powdery. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this. Didn't oxidize, didn't break me out, no offensive scent. Pricey, but will but again because I like!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this timeless compact. The powder is soft as velvet. Covers nicely. Gives a great finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by ombre39

I used to have skin with a lot of acne & scaring.this powder has quite good coverage & you can apply as many layers that you require.After immediate application your face might look very matte like you have lots of makeup but after 10-15mins the powder blends in with your skin & it looks more natural.

now i user a makeup base under my tinted sunscreen from clinique and just use this powder as a blotting powder. its great to use in the day but if i go to a club at night this powder will not stay well on my nose & forehead due to the sweat & heat. i rather use dior forever liquid.

However , I think this powder blocks my massive pores. I try to stay away from oil control powders now also because I have flaky skin and it enhances the flaky skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jazzjess

I have no idea why Chanel wanted to give up their old formula which was HG material. I thought I could easily find another powder which could replace and replicate the old Chanel DPP finishing, but i was wrong....

I was on a painful and expensive hunt for that particular finishing... and LADIES! I FOUND IT AFTER SOOO MANY YEARS! Try Terra Firma Mineral Makeup, the formula I bought is H20 Mineral Foundation. It's almost the same finishing as Chanel DPP! Try it!

I must spread this news as Terra Firma is not as well known, and I'm so freaking scared that they'll stop production as they are not making enough money to sustain the business, and I will be back to painfully hunt again.

Trust me, I tried almost every single brand ... Shiseido, Clarins, Shu uemura, Christian Dior, Guerlain, Clinique, ZA, Kanebo, Kate and the list can go on... and this is now my HG!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so many powder foundations over the years and this is by far my favorite. I stopped using powders for awhile because I felt that the finish always looked too dry, chalky, matte, or dull. But this feels and looks great.

I have this in Ivory Beige and it's an excellent match for my pale, cool toned skin. I use a brush to apply rather than the sponge that's included because I can get a more sheer coverage. Although I do think that the coverage might be leaning more towards the sheer end of the scale regardless of how I applied it. The texture is unbelievably silky. It never accentuates dry areas, or settles in odd ways. It just looks very even and natural. It is a bit more matte than I usually prefer but everything else is so fantastic I just don't care. My skin is more on the normal side of combination (in terms of oiliness) so i don't need touch ups throughout the day. Also, I've never had a problem with this causing breakouts or any sort of reaction, and I do have very sensitive skin.

I love that I can buy refills instead of replacing the entire compact. I only have to buy this once every six months...it really seems to go a long way. I'll keep repurchasing this although I may try Chanel's Teint Innocence next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this compact in Soft Beige from AllCosmeticsWholesale.com for $33 USD. I was pretty psyched about the price! Came with the whole compact, boxed, with the cute little black cloth cover for the compact and everything. I think it might have been cheaper because this is the original formula, because from what people are saying, it was more oil controlling and felt dryer than the new formula.

It's definitely extremely oil controlling, I tried it as a powder foundation on my face on a dry day, and it looked really powdery/cakey :-/. Then I looked at some reviews here and tried it over my moisturizer as someone had suggested, and it was completely awesome. I usually use MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (C4), but I heard this was better at not creating breakouts, which I definitely agree with. I also did not have to touch it up at all to maintain a fairly matte look for the 7 or 8 hours I wore it. The Soft Beige was a good match for me, as well, and covers up redness very effectively.

I would definitely buy it again, in fact I'm considering a back-up before they sell out of this, because I'm sure at around $30 for the genuine article these things will fly. I love having this in my purse, it would be nice to have one to leave on the vanity as well.

******

Edit; Just double checked on the box after looking up info on the new formula. This IS the new one, so I'm shocked that some people feel it isn't dry/oil controlling enough! It's super dry to me, but everyone's skin is different I guess *shrug*.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

Goes on flawlessly.
Light coverage
Looks natural.
Matte finish.
Not drying for my combination skin.
Control oil and shine on my t-zones.
SPF 10
For everyday use but not for those who needs more coverage.
Expensive but a little goes a long way. I have mine for over a year and it's not even half-way done.