Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 4/19/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I LOVE this moisturizer!! I chose the one w/SPF15 as it had twice the amount for the same price as the SPF30. If I was intending on being outside for many hours or had a very long distance drive during daylight hours I would have chosen the SPF 30, but I planned on using this for more intermmitent exposure. I use very agressive skin care: Retinol, Retin-A Gel and Tazorac Gel which can start to irritate my skin when I overdo it. That's why I LOVE this product as it's extremely calming to the skin even taking down redness or eliminating it altogether. There is a natural plant based extract called "Feverfew" which are one of the key anti-irritation ingredients. Aveeno along with Neutrogena and Roc are owned by Johnson and Johnson. They've a pretty large wallet when it comes to research and development which is prevalent when one understands cosmetic ingredients and their reason for use. This calming, protective moisturizer has the perfect texture. It's not too thin (watery) nor too thick. It's not too emmolient nor too dry, but walks the road between the two. The texture has a silkiness to it which absorbs quickly. The key for me is it is the last layer of skin care and never becomes too heavy to put over an active serum/lotion/gel for daytime use. Makeup (foundation) goes over it beautifully, never feeling or being for that matter too heavy nor too thin as a base for the foundation. I can even use a primer between it and the foundation with excellent results. Highly Recommended!

on 3/11/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really loved this product for summer time. I found it to be pretty light, so it was perfect for wearing underneath makeup, and had some SPF which was great. However, this product was pretty expensive. I would buy it again if I had money to throw away!

Also, I have really sensitive skin and this didn't show any irritation whatsoever.

on 3/9/2012 10:06:00 AM

I had high hopes for this, i was hoping to calm my sensitive over irriated skin. It just made me break out. Won't buy again.

on 3/6/2012 8:53:00 PM

This used to be one of my favorite moisturizers. I used it from age 17-20 but then it started to burn, or sting, my skin. Back then I would have give it a 4 rating, despite a little oiliness. BUT i'm 22 now and cannot have that moisturizer on my face. The smell, the sting, and increased redness made me switch over to Olay products. My skin is very dry, fair, and i have redness, mostly around my nose, lightly on cheeks, and lightly on chin. It works for others (my friends and roommate) and my past self but no longer for present me. Hope this helps!

on 3/6/2012 8:29:00 PM

This is supposed to be for sensitive skin and calming. What I don't understand is why the fragrance is so strong. Sensitive skin often does not react well to strong fragrance. The fragrance was so strong that even my eyes were irritated and I did not even put this moisturizer on anywhere near my eyes.

Since I no longer suffer from acne, but still suffer from my red flared cheeks (rosacea?), I tried this moisturizer. I've been using this for over a month once a day, and my face is noticeablely less pink. In fact, I can use blush now. Also, as a moisturizer its great! It absorbs quickly and does a good job. Maybe not holy grail... because I'm only using it for my redness.

on 2/23/2012 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Last year before I took 6 months of isotretinoin (generic Accutane), I had rather oily/combination skin. After taking it, my skin is sensitive, very dry and flaky. I used this moisturizer for years before taking isotretinoin and it was fine, nothing special about it. As I use it now, it does absolutely nothing for me.

Fine for oily/combination skin, not for dry skin.

on 2/22/2012 6:46:00 PM

You shouldn't use this product and expect it to cure acne, because it doesn't. I use this to moisturize and for sun protection. I love the consistency. Most SPF products can be sticky and oily this one blends into my skin really well and lasts all day. It's a bit pricier, but it's for your skin so you should splurge a little.

on 12/27/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I don't use this product, but my SO loves it. He suffers from severe facial dermatitis and has seen the doctor on multiple occasions when he's had outbreaks in the past. His face, if not treated, results in red, irritated and scaly skin. However, he consistently uses this product on his face and he does not suffer from dermatitis outbreaks anymore. He buys this in mass quantities because he's afraid of looking like a red, flaky, scaly alligator. He swears by this, however I am skeptical. But if it works for him, that's all that matters :)

Compared to many other moisturizers, this costs way more, but its worth it. I've been using for a few months. I can't comment on whether its calmed the redness to my face on a great scale, I think it has done so a little.
Nice, thick moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves your face very soft. I usually use a full pump at night for more moisture, and about half a pump after washing my face in the morning to prep it for my makeup routine. Also a nice plus is the SPF 15 it has, which protects but isn't too high that I look like a ghost in pictures.