August 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is supposed to be for sensitive skin and calming. What I don't understand is why the fragrance is so strong. Sensitive skin often does not react well to strong fragrance. The fragrance was so strong that even my eyes were irritated and I did not even put this moisturizer on anywhere near my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

Since I no longer suffer from acne, but still suffer from my red flared cheeks (rosacea?), I tried this moisturizer. I've been using this for over a month once a day, and my face is noticeablely less pink. In fact, I can use blush now. Also, as a moisturizer its great! It absorbs quickly and does a good job. Maybe not holy grail... because I'm only using it for my redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Last year before I took 6 months of isotretinoin (generic Accutane), I had rather oily/combination skin. After taking it, my skin is sensitive, very dry and flaky. I used this moisturizer for years before taking isotretinoin and it was fine, nothing special about it. As I use it now, it does absolutely nothing for me.

Fine for oily/combination skin, not for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by linet182

You shouldn't use this product and expect it to cure acne, because it doesn't. I use this to moisturize and for sun protection. I love the consistency. Most SPF products can be sticky and oily this one blends into my skin really well and lasts all day. It's a bit pricier, but it's for your skin so you should splurge a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by DKelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use this product, but my SO loves it. He suffers from severe facial dermatitis and has seen the doctor on multiple occasions when he's had outbreaks in the past. His face, if not treated, results in red, irritated and scaly skin. However, he consistently uses this product on his face and he does not suffer from dermatitis outbreaks anymore. He buys this in mass quantities because he's afraid of looking like a red, flaky, scaly alligator. He swears by this, however I am skeptical. But if it works for him, that's all that matters :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Compared to many other moisturizers, this costs way more, but its worth it. I've been using for a few months. I can't comment on whether its calmed the redness to my face on a great scale, I think it has done so a little.
Nice, thick moisturizer that absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves your face very soft. I usually use a full pump at night for more moisture, and about half a pump after washing my face in the morning to prep it for my makeup routine. Also a nice plus is the SPF 15 it has, which protects but isn't too high that I look like a ghost in pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkGurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin and this seems to work really well not to mention the smoothness of my skin now. It would be nice if they still made the ultra calming face wash though. The smell of this moisturizer doesnt really bother me. Great product

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by yngd

It does not take the redness away. I'm getting little red spots and I've been using this for 2 weeks now. I didn't see any difference in the begining but thought I needed to be patient. So now, I am convinced that it doesn't work. I was using the Positively Radiant moisturizer for a couple of years, but since my skin was getting redder, thought I'd try this one. I will have to get something other than Aveeno, although I found that the Positively Radiant one absorbed better than this. I will be using this on other areas of my body, so as to not waste it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by orlmente

I tried this for my face and it calmed redness but it broke me out. So instead I use this for my feet. I wasn't going to throw it out because it cost around 18$ iirc. Works great for my feet. It absorbs pretty quickly and doesn't leave a greasy coating. I love that because I can get up and walk around without slipping and falling on my ass. It's better for summer though, it's not heavy enough for fall or winter. That said, once I use it up I won't repurchase- I can find products that work as well or better for less money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of anything else by Aveeno. I find their body lotions, the ones that get rave reviews on MUA, only "meh." I've used their face cleansers and lotions in the past and was not impressed. Then I started getting rosacea on my cheeks, and for months it seemed like putting anything on my face to soothe the redness and burning only pissed my skin off more. Enter Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15.

I spotted this at Target and the "Ultra Calming" name caught my eye. I took it home and at first thought I'd been suckered again. It didn't have any immediate effect on the redness, and lord, the smell! I hate the way this stuff smells! I've gotten used to it now, and oddly, my husband likes it. But it's this heavy, floral old lady smell and having just finished a bottle of yummy-smelling Garnier Fresh moisturizer, this was a big disappointment. But I paid good money for the moisturizer, and despite the smell it seemed to absorb into my skin really nicely, so I kept using it.

As the weeks went on, I started noticing that my cheeks were healing. Not only were the bumps going down, but the scarring and hyper-pigmentation left behind were fading so much faster than before. I was still afraid of getting my hopes up, but over the next four months, my skin continued getting better and better. For the first time in ages, my husband was regularly commenting on how nice my skin looked, and how soft it was.

Well, that is, until a few weeks ago my mom convinced me to try Cliniderm Soothing Lotion. After two days of switching from Aveeno to Cliniderm, my skin broke out horribly in places I almost never get blemishes. I switched back immediately and haven't gotten any new breakouts, and am now using Aveeno every day and hoping the scars will fade quickly. If only the scent was improved, I would rate this moisturizer highre