December 19, 2014 | 826 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started to use EVOO as a head to toe skin care this year and i'm loving it. I use it as makeup remover, deep facial cleanser, hair mask, eyelash serum, face and body moisturizer, exfoliating scrub (mix with sugar or sea salt). It makes me glowing head to toe. I also make sure get the nutrition from EVOO inside of my body by adding it (together with sea salt, lemon juice and organic apple cider vinegar) to my salad every day. When you are healthy inside, that's how you look your best from outside! Keep in mind that you should always use the COLD PRESSED EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil on your skin for it to fully absorb the oil and get the most nutrients out of it.

Tips, the EVOO has a strong scent which can sting your eyes when you use it to remove eye makeup, so you should dip a little bit oil on a Q-tip to use on the lash line. I also use coconut oil or sweet almond oil to remove makeup which does not sting my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by joyce628

I was hesitant to try this on my face as I have exremely oily face and can breakout easily. So at first i tried it one night as a makeup remover then I switch back to my other makeup removers and waited to see if I'll breakout. But I never did. Then I tried it as a moisturizer as well and also waited to see if I"ll breakout. No breakouts either.
Amazing as a makeup remover, no lashes falling out yet all my waterproof mascara come off so quickly. HG product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by M000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the online hype on olive oil, I decided to give it a try.

I primarily use it for my hair since its damaged from hair colouring and straightening.
I use it two ways.

1) leave in treatment for 5-30 minutes -> shampoo -> condition
Hair does feel softer. It's a little messy to apply but totally worth it.

2) Styling
One small drop into my palm and apply.
This method tames my frizz. You have to be very careful not to over apply or else you will look like a grease ball.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by steffyfanni

I have sensitive skin. I get eczema on my face as well as constant, mild acne on my forehead. I have very stubborn skin and neither the eczema or acne really responded to anything over-the-counter. I used prescription 5% benzoyl peroxide face wash my dermatologist prescribed to me up until about a year ago. That got rid of about 75% of my acne. For the past year, I have been washing my face with a blend of organic extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of tea tree essential oil (for the acne) and lavender essential oil (for the eczema) every night. I wet my face, massage the oil in for a good minute or two, then use a hot wash cloth and let that sit on my face until it has cooled down. I didn't change anything else in my skincare routine. This got rid of 90% of my acne and my eczema seems like it has calmed down. A few more tweaks and added products to my skincare regimen and my acne is basically gone and my eczema is under control. The EVOO has really changed the way I look at skin care. I always aim for natural, organic ingredients now and my skin (face and body) really seems to love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Best eye makeup remover ever!!! No losing lashes, no dry skin around the eyes, and it only takes a little bit. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical, but tried it anyway...and I have to say I'm impressed! I rub a small amount of EVOO (say 1/4 teaspoon) into my face and neck and I am definitely seeing results. My skin looks less tired, I swear the fine lines are disappearing and I seem to have fewer breakouts....if that's even possible!

I don't usually use it on my body, but last night I rubbed it into my hands as well as face. I woke up and didn't pay attention to my hands until I got to work, where I usually apply hand cream (I have very dry hands)...but today I almost thought I had already applied it because my hands felt so nice and nourished. I'm SO doing it again tonight!

As a hair treatment....I'm yet to be convinced. I applied it to my hair dry, then did a double shampoo to wash it out. I have very fine hair and felt it was a bit too hard to remove and seemed to weigh it down a bit for my liking. I might give it another go but use it very sparingly.

Packaging I gave 4 stars simply because you have to transfer it into a smaller bottle. I personally feel like if people see a bottle of olive oil sitting on my bedroom dresser they'll think I'm using it for something else (if you know what I mean!). But overall - I am definitely impressed and plan to stick with my EVOO regime and find out what other miracles it can perform!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Beautylicious7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURIZER IN THE WORLD! GOD CREATED IT, NOT HUMANS :)

WOW! i cant stay here n tell u all the long amazing facts about this.. u jus gotta research it n try it! :D STOPS WRINKLED ON FACE N EYES N NURTURES SKIN N HEALS N GROWS LASHES..

i just dont like to put it on my forehead in the day time. it usually slips into my eyes, makes them wet n ugly n cloudy or stingy LOL (only in the day) so i use any other cream for my forehead

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I have fine hair and letting color grow out to natural color. I have about 6 inches of natural color growing and the rest of my hair with the color in it is dry, coarse, stringy. I have wasted alot, I mean ALOT of money on shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners, oils.....the list goes on. And nothing would work on moisturizing the dry colored section of my hair. I finally decided to throw in the towel and have horrible hair for the next few years until it grew out. But then I heard you can put EVOO in your hair for moisture. So I tried it for a couple days and it did help but nothing too noticeable. Then I started mixing it with other kitchen items to see if I could boosts the results and I came up with a recipe that works!
1) Mix 2Tbls of EVOO with 2Tbles Helmens mayo that has EVOO in it.
2) spread through hair from tips to roots.
3) wrap head in plastic wrap (holds heat better then shower cap)
4) blow dry plastic wrapped hair for a couple minutes till your scalp can feel heat.
5) leave on for at least 20 min.
6) take off plastic wrap, rinse, shampoo, condition.
My hair was 80% less crunchy dry! It looks and feels so moisturized but not greasy. It has a nice natural shine to it. The only bad thing is the smell of your hair once you take the plastic wrap off...like warm potato salad. But trust me....it is so worth it! And the best part is it's super cheap and you can pronounce all the ingredients so you know what your putting on your hair!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mamafazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love olive oil! I use this to remove makeup, and then follow with a regular cleanser, it leaves skin feeling so soft and nourished. I also have used it in my hair pre-shampoo, leaves hair shiny, soft, and frizz-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Olive oil is a staple in my kitchen! I don't even bother with the extra virgin variety, either--I just get plain olive oil. (But obviously if you feel the evoo works better, go ahead!) The main thing I use it for is moisturizing/exfoliating my extremely sensitive facial skin. I pour about a teaspoon of olive oil onto a clean washcloth and take it into the shower with me. I wet the cloth with warm water from the shower, then briskly rub my lips with it. Next I go all around my face using gentle circular movements. In general, I try to keep my face out of the hot/warm shower water, but I do use a little to splash my face maybe once to get the excess oil off. This is about the only exfoliation my skin will tolerate these days, but it works great. Plus, when I put cleanser on the cloth to wash my body, the olive oil is still on there to better moisturize my skin.
Other ideas: Dab olive oil onto your cuticles, then rub in for moisturization and natural shine. (You can clean out a nail polish or cuticle treatment bottle with an attached brush and put olive oil in it for conveniience.) You can also add some olive oil to a bottle of body lotion or shampoo that is not sufficiently moisturizing. Use your imagination and you can come up with lots of great ways to use olive oil. It's cheap, ecofriendly, and smart!