July 28, 2014 | 1655 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Crease

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mintch0colate

When I used this brush prior to washing it, it was really prickly and it hurt my lids. But once I gave it a good wash with my hand soap that is "moisturizing" the brush didn't prick as much anymore. The hair is stiff so you can pack on a lot of color, so not bad..not sure if I would definitely buy this again because of the random prickliness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

As myluckypenny mentioned below, this set of brushes contains one that is slightly larger than the 219 (in my case, the Sigma version) and one that is slightly smaller. So between those three brushes, I am totally set for crease application. I have smallish eyes, and find that fluffier crease brushes really only work for blending, so I appreciate the precision I get from these. They have really improved my eye makeup application. I wish they had longer handles, but I can't complain. These are a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these brushes!! I have been using them for a couple of years now so I can't remember what I paid for them,but I know it wasn't much.I would be so lost without them! They hold up very good when being washed(no hair lost),they dry really quick,they hold their shape and pick up shadow very well.The smaller one fits perfect in my crease and the bigger one works great in the outer v.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I love this brushes. They are really soft. I especially like the small one for defining my outer v.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by myluckypenny

I have the 219SE from both the MAC 2008-09 holiday sets, but I was curious to see how these compared [I'm an art student that is a tool-junkie/sucker for brushes - and I was also getting sick of seeing stained white goat hair all the time... so off to CVS I went...

Unfortunately, it took me at LEAST 4 different tries to track these bad boys down. TRUTH. I was getting especially irritated that I would find some fake reason to drag myself out to a CVS, then pretend to mosey on down to the makeup aisle when I said I'd be picking up stationary or something... but all the hype generated on MUA must've been the reason they were ALWAYS out of stock! Haha...

Anyways, these are definitely soft - and pretty comparable to my 219SE's. I don't own a full size, but I do plan on getting one, now that I know how a pencil brush and crease brush SHOULD function.

The EOB brushes do a decent job of laying down color, but blending with them do take a little bit more work than what you would get out of a MAC 219. No biggie for the novice - it'll just take you a little bit more time to get ready. I use the smallest one most frequently - dipped into my carbon or blacktied e/s - then I use it to smoke out my lower/upper lash line and finish off my eyeliner to make sure it doesn't budge... [blacktraxx fluidline and carbon/blacktied = SUPREME staying power.]

Also, the EOB brushes are larger and smaller than the 219SE's that I own. If these were like the Russian nesting dolls, the order would be listed like this from largest to smallest:

1.) Large EOB crease
2.) 219SE
3.) Small EOB crease

You might find this a to your advantage or disadvantage. The larger EOB crease brush is too big for me to lay down color in my crease precisely. The smaller one lays down the color, sure - but it takes quite a while to work it in and blend it out. The bristles are densely packed, but I find that they are not as fluffy as my MAC brush, and the fluffy-factor is what gives your brush the ability to BLEND, ladies! =D

Great brushes, and they do 80% of the work that my MAC brushes do, it just takes extra time and patience... but I especially love the fact that the hairs are NOT white and capable of staining. If I lost the smaller of the two brushes in the set, I would def. repurchase just for that one. It's all in the details, and it def. does a good job at handling my shadowing needs. The price itself is not so bad - so great for beginners, but I still recommend you save up your money for the big-girl toys.

Makeup is ALL about the TTM:

1.) Technique
2.) Tools
3.) Medium [your makeup]

Now if you're not confident in your skills with makeup, it doesn't hurt that you can BUY two out of the three things you need to successfully pull off a look. I tried cheaping out and using Coastal Scents, Sonia Kashuk [the blue curvilinear handled ones], Ecotools, EoB, MAC, and Sephora brushes. You really do get what you pay for, but there are a few cheap ones that surprise you. The LEAST promising to me was the CS brand. Otherwise, if you are really strapped for cash and absolutely cannot afford MAC brushes [they're really not THAT expensive, there are far more expensive brands out there...] try the ones I've listed above.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MizzLaNae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have several brushes by Essences of Beauty and I love them, all. The bristles are very soft and they are well made. I would recommend these brushes to anyones!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by meemist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this set of brushes! I own a few of them, they are great for blending and also for patting on shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the larger crease brush, it actually came with the general eyeshadow brush which I bought at my local drugstore. I'm very pleased with these brushes. I definitely need to pick up the smaller crease brush too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by GoingNatural86

I use these brushes daily... The bigger one for my crease color and the smaller one is the perfect size for the inner V. Best 5 bucks spent!!!

They are really soft BTW.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Khristine

I actually think the brushes are really great for where you purchase them (local CVS/drugstore here). NO shedding whatsoever, very nicely crafted. Not the best packaging, but what do you expect for the price?

over all, great brush for blending, i use the bigger crease brush for more blending and the smaller crease brush for lower lash line or sometimes use to smudge lightly (eyeliner)