November 25, 2014 | 1866 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, I'm very impressed with the extensive range of shades this line carries. It really caters to women of all ethnicities and colors. As an East Indian woman with NC 30-35ish skin, I found M50 to be a good match in the summer, when I'm getting lots of sun. This powder foundation provides good coverage for my rosacea-prone skin. My only problem with this foundation is that it can be quite drying, and I wish the finish didn't look quite so flat and matte in person. However, it photographs beautifully, giving your skin a soft-focus, silky finish in pictures. I'll definitely be buying this one again. EDIT: I originally rated this as 4 lippies, but I'm taking off two lippies because within a few weeks this oxidized in the pan and is now a more orange shade than the one I originally purchased. Very disappointing after paying so much. Also, as mentioned in my original review, the product is simply too drying for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by meaganlol

I use this powder in conjunction with Cover FX, so I'll just retouch upon my routine, outlined in that review... "Using the Sephora Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #55, the MUA applied a light layer of the Cover FX, hardly any coverage, then did a light layer of the Powder FX on top with the same brush. After repeating the process of creme - powder - creme - powder, my skin looked the best it ever has. It's taken some patience for me to do it correctly myself because you really have to work in light layers only." I don't use this powder on it's own except for touch ups which it does very well! If I'm seeing a bit of shine breakthrough, I dab some Powder FX on my t-zone and it's gone for another four hours. What I like best about this powder is that the color is spot on and does not oxidize, even applied directly onto oil slicks. While the Cover FX has lasted me 3 months and beyond, the Powder FX was gone within two months. And with the price... it hurts a little to have to spend so much, so often, but it works so well for me that it's worth it. Even though my skin is cool, the neutral E 20 looked best on me. With the range of colors, I bet most everybody could find a good match. If price isn't (much of) an issue and the products are easy to find, I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

I have tried a few mineral foundation before, like BE and EM. Out of the 3, I like this the most, because my face has the least shine after several hours. I love the compact packaging and this foundation comes in a wide range of shades. I am a fair-skinned Asian and M40 is a perfect match for me. This powder has great coverage, although you still need a separate concealer to fully hide red blemishes. I have been using this powder all throughout the winter, and I have had no problems. In fact, my skin stays clear and I rarely get a pimple. My only complaint was that I looked dull in pictures.

I, however, need to switch up my foundation for the summer, because this doesn't hold up at all in the heat. I get super shiny, the foundation melts off, and it also sinks into the pores on my nose making them look fairly enlarged :-S . I may repurchase again when winter come back around, but for the time being, I cannot use this and will try out the Laura Mercier mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Their E0 matches my pale complexion, doesn't break me out, no animal testing, and build able coverage. I've been using this for over a year and won't switch to anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product. I have never liked mineral foundations very much because, surprisingly, they do not control oil very well. The major, major reason I purchased this product is because of the colour. I went to Sephora and the MA told me that this was probably the absolute lightest powder foundation they had in the store, aside from Illamasqua's rather sheer white powder, and E0 was the only one that even remotely matched me. It covers well, it applies in a minute or less, and doesn't look cakey if you apply it sparingly. I think it would be best to use this with a primer, at least on your nose, because it literally just plugs up my pores and looks really weird... Also, avoid touching up with this, as it will build up and look rather weird.

Basically, I am only going to use this while I travel and cannot bring my arsenal of liquids and loose powders with me. I would consider using it daily, but you get an obscenely small amount for the price and I doubt it would last very long. Would possibly repurchase for a trip unless I find a just as pale, longer lasting, and cheaper alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by vagabondage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product broke me out the first few weeks I used it, and I had NEVER broken out. However, I have stuck with it, as it only does so when I use the enclosed applicator. Used with a kabuki and a smaller flat brush for under the eyes, this does the trick without clogging my pores.

PROS: (1) Perfect level of coverage for me when used with kabuki, (2) E20 matches my skin perfectly, which is rare, (3) Doesn't make fine lines look crepey, so I use it over undereye concealer, (4) SPF 15.

CONS: (1) Broke me out when I used it with the enclosed applicator, (2) Price, (3) Seems to wear off slightly throughout the day, (4) By the end of the day, my nose is back to its normal state, but with tiny specks of this foundation stuck in my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a year ago, and it was decent, but when I ran out, I didn't buy another.

The one I had was in a compact, was powder, but had SPF 15, which I liked. It worked well enough, light coverage with no side effects like clogged pores or break outs. The color didn't match me for long, although I bought it in January I noticed within a few months that was too light for me. I have oily/combo skin and it did it's job, but not impressive enough to buy again. Pricey, in my humble opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder I wear it every day. Its oil-free and non comedogenic which is perfect for my oily acne prone skin! It covers well and it comes in everyones skin tone and colour! FANTASTIC!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by designerskyline

I'm on my third compact of this stuff, and have an extra one somewhere in my makeup drawer.
I use this after I've applied concealer. The coverage is not very good but it doesn't make me break out so I'm sticking to it. It does make your face look kind of chalky if you apply a lot, but a few sprays of MAC Fix+ gets rid of it.
It also lasts a long time for me, about 6 months. The price is pretty high at $35, though, since it doesn't cover very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by nicurly

I like this powder foundation. I use this in B15 and it is a pretty good colour match. I am MUFE HD 173 and duomat 214(I think). It lasts all day and once I spritz a couple of sprays of MAC's Fix Plus, it loses that powdery look. I do think it is very expensive for the tiny compact you get though. I am oily and acne-prone HTH's.