July 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product. I have never liked mineral foundations very much because, surprisingly, they do not control oil very well. The major, major reason I purchased this product is because of the colour. I went to Sephora and the MA told me that this was probably the absolute lightest powder foundation they had in the store, aside from Illamasqua's rather sheer white powder, and E0 was the only one that even remotely matched me. It covers well, it applies in a minute or less, and doesn't look cakey if you apply it sparingly. I think it would be best to use this with a primer, at least on your nose, because it literally just plugs up my pores and looks really weird... Also, avoid touching up with this, as it will build up and look rather weird.

Basically, I am only going to use this while I travel and cannot bring my arsenal of liquids and loose powders with me. I would consider using it daily, but you get an obscenely small amount for the price and I doubt it would last very long. Would possibly repurchase for a trip unless I find a just as pale, longer lasting, and cheaper alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by vagabondage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product broke me out the first few weeks I used it, and I had NEVER broken out. However, I have stuck with it, as it only does so when I use the enclosed applicator. Used with a kabuki and a smaller flat brush for under the eyes, this does the trick without clogging my pores.

PROS: (1) Perfect level of coverage for me when used with kabuki, (2) E20 matches my skin perfectly, which is rare, (3) Doesn't make fine lines look crepey, so I use it over undereye concealer, (4) SPF 15.

CONS: (1) Broke me out when I used it with the enclosed applicator, (2) Price, (3) Seems to wear off slightly throughout the day, (4) By the end of the day, my nose is back to its normal state, but with tiny specks of this foundation stuck in my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a year ago, and it was decent, but when I ran out, I didn't buy another.

The one I had was in a compact, was powder, but had SPF 15, which I liked. It worked well enough, light coverage with no side effects like clogged pores or break outs. The color didn't match me for long, although I bought it in January I noticed within a few months that was too light for me. I have oily/combo skin and it did it's job, but not impressive enough to buy again. Pricey, in my humble opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder I wear it every day. Its oil-free and non comedogenic which is perfect for my oily acne prone skin! It covers well and it comes in everyones skin tone and colour! FANTASTIC!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by designerskyline

I'm on my third compact of this stuff, and have an extra one somewhere in my makeup drawer.
I use this after I've applied concealer. The coverage is not very good but it doesn't make me break out so I'm sticking to it. It does make your face look kind of chalky if you apply a lot, but a few sprays of MAC Fix+ gets rid of it.
It also lasts a long time for me, about 6 months. The price is pretty high at $35, though, since it doesn't cover very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by nicurly

I like this powder foundation. I use this in B15 and it is a pretty good colour match. I am MUFE HD 173 and duomat 214(I think). It lasts all day and once I spritz a couple of sprays of MAC's Fix Plus, it loses that powdery look. I do think it is very expensive for the tiny compact you get though. I am oily and acne-prone HTH's.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

this did not work out as a foundation for me. in fact, i dont even like it as a finishing powder so basically its just a big bust. the coverage is very light and it doesnt mattify or mask pores which are my two main criteria for any foundation or powder. upon application my skin appears kindof cakey and shiny.

on the plus side, it did not break me out. also, E20 was a good match for my pale skin.

my recommendation is to pass on this one. there are many cheaper and better options.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mel

The first time I put it on and saw how it looked i took it right off. The coverage is good but it was so chalky it looked so awful on,, never buying the powder again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by moshoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the worst $35 purchases (plus tax) I've ever made!!! After only ONE day of wearing this junk, I had a face FULL of pimples!!! Awful!!! Plus, as the day went on, I noticed it disappearing more and more from my face. By last night I looked as if I hadn't even applied makeup! Never Again!! This is going right back to Sephora!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by waterlily022

I have used this for over a year and think its great for sensitive/breakout prone skin like mine. I use a liquid foundation and this as a powder over that for a little extra coverage, you definitly don't need alot, my compact lasts me several months since I just use it to set my makeup.