Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

on 5/31/2008 4:06:00 PM

I have tried so many samples of this, trying to convince myself that it smells good enough to purchase because I really love the bottle, but I can't do it. I can't even convince myself that it smells okay enough to just wear sometimes to justify a bottle of this, because I really do not like how this smells at all. Initially sharp, I patiently wait for this to turn into something as beautiful as the bottle, but it always smells like a battalion of babies wiggling their freshly wiped bottoms in a warm summer breeze; baby wipes and powder and roses.

notes: Orange Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Italian Mandarin, Star Aniseed, Orchid, Iris, Ylang-Ylang, Indian Ginger, Soft Vanilla, Woody Amber. continued >>

on 5/23/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got this for my birthday from a friend. AMAZING! Have to admit that this goes on pretty heavy, but after a while the scent is strong, yet feminine and vanillaish. Perfect for a girl like myself :) Love the bottle too! Makes me want to have that bod :P

I would recommend wearing this during the wintertime, since it is a 'warmer' fragrance. I prefer my summer scents to be more flowery and citrusy, and this is not that. Still, great perfume.

Oh, and the boy loves it. :)

on 5/8/2008 3:11:00 PM

This used to be my signature scent in the 90's and it would drive men crazy! I haven't used it since then but I'm thinking about getting a new bottle and see if the magic is still there! A warm but still fresh scent, and very feminine.

on 4/18/2008 10:32:00 PM

I was suckered by the bottle. I wanted so, so much to love this, but no matter what concentration I tried, I got a thin, vaguely sharp and chemical smell of mandarin and Downy. I only wish Jean Paul Gaultier, one of my favorite designers, would find a great perfumer to team up with to make something truly outstanding to go into these gorgeous bottles.

on 4/4/2008 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The edt and edp are very different. I find that the edt is more lively and sharper than the edp which kind of melts into the skin. At least for me I perfer the edp. I made the mistake of buying the edt after testing the edp and I like the edp so much more. I definately think this is a womans fragrance and needs to be applied sparingly as it is strong and lasts a long time. But definately try both versions on before you buy. You'll notice the difference between the 2 instantly!

on 3/27/2008 8:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i have a mini collection of these bottles in my room, it is my signature scent and i absolutely love it. it lasts and i find the smell even lasts after a bath, when it smells lovely and clean. i cannot fault it, i've walked into shops and people have asked what perfume i'm wearing. and the bottle is beautiful! great stuff

on 3/14/2008 9:02:00 AM

Oooooooooh, LOVE this...Such a beautiful, long lasting deep musky vanilla scent. Very intoxicating and feminine. And the bottle is so pretty too!

on 3/10/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Mmmmm. I smell edible and yummy... Very sweet, warm notes. L'instant Guerlin used to be my HG, but I think I found a new winner....

Classique, a classic!
Original packaging, one of the prettiest bottles I have ever seen.
Very nice fragrance.
I am not keen on other fragrances by JPG for women, although I used to own a bottle of Fragile and even got to finish it!.
I like the new Fleur de Male for men.
I am very keen to see what the difference is between the edp and edt in Classique.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ive been using this on and off since I was 18, I love the packaging, reminds me of Madonna when she gaultier was deisgning for her Blonde Ambition tour.
This fragrance is so sexy, sensual, warm,, One of the best fragrances for women, a true classic.

Popular Fragrances