October 22, 2014 | 1428 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It doesn't do anything....that's all I can really say, waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by suukasi

I used this because I'm paranoid about armpit odor, and I don't like the deodorants with aluminum as they leave nasty stains on my shirts. It was great when I first used it, but a few days ago, I realized that my armpits started to SMELL and I usually don't even have odors! The bar smelled really bad too, so I chucked it. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this thinking it would actually do something for my underarms. If it does anything, it's not a lot. I'm not going to waste it so I use it in conjunction with certain dri in the morning to freshen up. I hope there will be other natural deodorants I can find that will work I will stick to the chemicals.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by SpiceGirl29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I have been using this for many many years, before they were bought by P&G. I think the product has changed over the years and is not the same. It used to be clear and no longer has the same look. I generally used the unscented as I really don't see why we need to have an aroma in our pits!!! I do notice that once in a while my pits get super itchy when I use it, but i do have to say that seems to come and go, so I often wonder if it is something in my body chemistry that changes. (pH, etc.). I tried their cucumber and grapefruit which was wonderful to start with but after a short time the stick smelled worse than b.o.. Perhaps that's why I haven't seen it again. So, with all that said, I keep using the product, because it has no Al in it and it's all natural. Can't beat that.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Isn't as effective as a conventional deodorant but the benefits are that it doesn't contain aluminum salts or an antiperspirant. The lavender one works better than the unscented.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeFetch

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After 1 day of use I awoke the next morning to layers of skin peeling off my pits. I don't even have sensitive skin. No thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MamaRobs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this deodorant!! I have used the Apricot scent for several years now and I really really love it. It took some time for my body to adjust to a deodorant without aluminum in it, but now I am just careful to shave my pits every day and put it on dry pits right away. If I wait or have hair it doesn't seem to work as well (my husband tried it and didn't like it).
When I really start to get hot and sweat I can smell the apricot scent and I love that (I'll admit, sometimes I sniff them just because I like the smell).
The best change I have seen since my switch is that if I forget to put any on (which I sometimes do) I don't smell at all unless it's really hot and I start to sweat a lot. Even then I don't have that itchy, sticky feeling I got when I forgot to use my Secret.
I am a lifetime user. I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SavannahBanana7

I've really been wanting to try a deodorant without Aluminum in it, and this seemed perfect. I bought it in Lemongrass and loved the smell. It goes on easily but seconds after applying my armpits burned and it felt very sticky. I figured this was something I could get over as long as I wasn't putting Aluminum into my body and it wasn't making me stink. But the product only lasted for a few hours before I started to smell. I really wanted to like this but overall I didn't..smells very nice, good packaging and easy to apply but just doesn't work for me. Guess I'm just going to have to keep trying with other natural deodorants until i find one that works!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by vitzah

no more pit stains! i love this product although today it's left me a little sticky. it doesn't really work when i sweat profusely though so i'll probably still wear a normal antiperspirant when i work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by kiranichols

In general, I think this is a pretty good product! In my area it's the only natural deodorant I can find in stores, and my only choice if I want to steer clear of the nasty residuey antiperspirants. It worked wonders to keep my pits fresh, and any stinkiness at bay. The apricot fragrance is nice. Unfortunately, out of nowhere during my 2nd stick, it just started to burn my pits like crazy, even when I hadn't shaved in a few days. It was like I had stinging nettles in my armpits. Very, very painful. I'm disappointed, because I really liked it and it was working well for me, I guess I just developed an allergy to it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural deodorant, because it's easy to come by and not too expensive. I would, however, warn them that there could be trouble if they're allergic or skin is sensitive to it. I'm bummed I can't use it anymore, now I probably have to order deodorant online.