April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by carrielynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like many others, I bought this because of the similarity to the more pricey Philosophy which I loved.

It works for me primarily as an exfoliator. I have SUPER dry skin. Think heavy creams even in the summer. The skin on my nose gets especially dry and flaky. This completely eliminates those flakes and helps the makeup go one more evenly. I do have to use it probably every 3 days to keep the flakes away. I can't tell a huge difference in fine lines or freckles. My skin does feel soooo much smoother though. I couldn't believe it the first time I used it. I kept touching my face! It is a pretty heavy duty, gritty scrub. It doesn't sting much, but you can definitely feel the crystals. I don't know if it would be too much for someone with sensitive skin.

I would say this is 98% as good as Philosophy's. The scrubs look, feel, and smell the exact same and are the same amount of product. I do wish they sold the components separately as I always seem to run out of scrub first by a significant margin. But I do love it and continue to repurchase it-which is a biggie for me b/c I love trying new products!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by iluvgreen4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i dont have this at the moment but ive used it few times and its pretty damn great, my skin feels soo freaking soft and nice after i use it!i returned it because i could not afford it at the moment lol but ill get one day

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Eloisa09

Okay so im really picky about my skin care. I had an onset of acne about a year ago and i got rid of it by changing my diet and picking out skin care products really carefully. At first i was skeptical about this product again i dont like to switch stuff in my skin care routine. I have to say this product is AMAIZING! i have some scaring from acne and hyperpigmentation and honestly my skin is looking its best right now with this new addition to my skin care. Love it love it love it. Anyone tryin to get rid of acne you can try this cut out any type of bread from your diet, clenser 2.5 benzoyl peroxide (i recommend proactive), toner optional ( i recommend apple cinder vinager) drink lots of water IMPORTANT nothing else for a year not even fruit juice, and finally good moisturizer ( i recommend Wild Rose by Korres) i can assure you, you will be able to kiss acne good bye, and have beautiful clear skin within a year by most.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by tgiic15

this is an awfully great product. i use this once or twice every 2 weeks. after use my skin is smooth and all rough or dry patches are gone.

i try to maintain the effect by using the regenerist serum or moisturizer. the good thing about this product is the convenience of doing your own microdermabrasion at home especially if you don't have the luxury of time to go to facial centers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

I'm writing this review a little earlier, considering I've only used the kit twice, but I really do like it. I looove the smell of the mico crystals, and the warming effect when you put on the activator serum. I have MUAC's Micro Polish, and I think I prefer this product to that. It makes my skin feel super smooth and healthy. I'm using this in an attempt to reduce the hyperpigmentation left over from pimples, and just to even out my skin tone. I'm using it in conjunction with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash and Enhanced Lotion (every day, love both so far), as well as Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini Peel (every other day or so, also love). I just started this regime but so far my skin seems very smooth and happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SleepyNV

Bought this to try and even out my skin tone and reduce acne scarring. After using this once a week for 2 months, I can say that my skin tone is definitely more even. Less redness overall and therefore scarring is less visible. Your skin will feel very tight and super smooth after using it. I think it is best to use it twice a week (at least for my skin). Love this product! For the price and what it accomplished, I am very very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this and I'm on my second kit. I use it approx. 1-2x a month, and it makes my skin clear and soft. Kinda expensive at roughly $30 but if you use it like I do it lasts. I found it's easier to rinse off in the shower than at the sink with a cloth. I love the idea of the rubbing on of the crystals and then the warming foaming serum. Makes me feel like I'm really doing something! The shower spray just makes it easier to rinse thoroughly without irritation. I use a refreshing facial spritzer afterward and try not to put anything else on my face for the rest of the day or night (depending when I use it) to let my skin breathe totally. Anyway, I love this kit and will continue to purchase as long as they make it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by talibear

:( Sadly, this didn't do ANYTHING for me.

I've been using it for a month+, and even immediately after one use, my skin is *kinda* softer, and that's it. Period. That's where all benefits of this product end. It may be a half decent exfoliator, but it doesn't come close to real 'microdermabrasion' in terms of how much skin looks and feels immediately afterwards, as well as how it benefits my skin in the long term.

My skin doesn't look healthier, or like its turning over cells better (which would look like, in my opinion, just...fresher? Dry patches/small blemishes would go away quicker?). It's not even softer on a daily basis in any way! My nose is flaky/dry the morning after, and that's including serious moisturization that I use after this product.

I read all reviews and kept leaning towards the good ones since I love Olay products. But really, it's pricey and there are SO many better exfoliators out there (I love Mary Kay, and even L'oreal's made my skin glowy and translucent after one use!). So it's a high 2 on the ratings scale--it's not BAD, but for me it wasn't worth any more than the 5+ other exfoliating scrubs I have sitting in my bathroom.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With my previous skin care program this was a weekly staple to keep things going. While I do not need it now, when I was using it there was a softness and luminosity after the treatment that kept me coming back. I also noticed my moisturizer absorbed better after treatments with this. Lovely product and if I needed it I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my hands and legs once a week. I get weekly microdermabrasions and get an Epicuren Enzyme facial once a month. This works great to soften the spots and lines on my hands and really makes my legs super soft.