October 30, 2014 | 1574 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I mainly bought this for a hair mask. I apply it before I got to bed, than I wash next morning. This is the best cure for my severe dry damaged hair due to coloring. It has instant results and u just love it! It Is also great for moisturizing my face and skin and even removing water proof makeup up easily ! This stuff is an enexpensive miracle! Just live it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used an organic coconut oil for just about everything beauty related. I use it every day. As a moisturizer for body, face and hands, as a cuticle cream, as an eye cream, as a lash serum, as a makeup remover and as a conditioner/balm for my lips. I even gently heat some up and use it as a hair mask! My skin is in better shape now than it's ever been and my bathroom is no longer crowded by jars and bottles for individual things. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sexyali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a great eye makeup remover. Plus it's been helping my eyelashes to get fuller. I also find it helps me with my dandruff problem. When I don't have time to make it myself from scratch I buy it from the website iHerb and use the coupon code KVK250 to get a discount. It so awesome to make it from scratch though. I use mature coconut with the flesh inside hardend. I proceed to blend it with hot water to help draw oil the fat(oil). Then I strain it. Then I refrigerate the coconut milk The fat which is coconut oil hardens at the top and then you can remove it from the rest of the coconut milk. Awesome awesome stuff. I wouldn't live without it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I use this for a LOT of things, such as:
1. Oil-pulling in the morning: For whiter teeth, fresher breath, better oral hygiene and improved energy in the morning.
2. Overall body moisturizer
3. Makeup remover
4. Natural deodorant
5. Hair treatment, remedy for split-ends
6. Health supplement: I take 2 tablespoons a day

It's nature's cure-all and wonderworker! Try it and be amazed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. It is all natural and great when your skin gets dry.

Make sure you find all natural.

Sometimes I put it in smoothies it doesn't add any taste but apparently it helps your skin from the inside, and I'm totally down for that. The MCT's in coconut make it extremely healthy to eat and good for your skin too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This product doesn't work well for everyone but if you are one of the lucky ones as I am, you will be obsessed!!

Often people are topically sensitive to the Lauric acid in coconut oil but in general it's really very calming on your skin and even anti-microbial and anti-fungal which is one of the reasons it helps breakouts. I have some pimples, but my main issue is really clogged pores because my skin is really dry and doesn't make much oil on it's own. The coconut oil has helped reduce the clogged pores by like 80% or more

There is no such thing as extra-virgin coconut oil - it's either "refined" or "virgin" (extra-virgin is a marketing ploy). Use the virgin. I like Nutiva best because I like the smell - I bought a bottle in Thailand that smelled really strong and I got to love that too! I just get the ultra-big gallon of it and split it up between the bathroom and the kitchen. it's about $25 and has lasted me almost a year.

I like this in a tub rather than squirt bottles as well!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love coconut oil for my curly, dry, color-treated hair. It restores moisture and shine. It also helps define my curls. I use it once per week, applying it at night and sleeping with it wrapped up in a Turbi-towel. The only drawback that I have noticed is that it's messy to get it out of the tub and apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using coconut oil to moisturize my skin after shower for about two years. For quite a long time now, I've been dealing with horribly dry, flaky, itchy skin, especially around my torso. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, although it definitely gets worse in the colder months.
I apply the coconut oil - about 1 tablespoon - directly after my shower before toweling off. It leaves a nice layer of hydration that seems to last throughout a good portion of the day. I feel comfortable and my body is flake-free until the next morning.
I don't find that it clogs my pores at all, which is great because my back and arms tend to be quite acne-prone. I do not use coconut oil on my face, however. I leave that to jojoba oil.
The smell is great. I'm a fan of everything coconut, so I enjoy smelling like a macaroon all day.
It can be pricey, but my fiance and I buy it at Costco where you can get about 5lbs of it for $15, which is a steal compared to the $10 per pound that you would pay at health food stores. It's the same quality and it lasts forever. We use ours for everything from cooking to moisturizing (I keep a separate container in the bath) to healing sore throats (it cured my tonsillitis in two days).
This stuff is really a multi-purpose product through and through. If you suffer from horribly dry skin, give it a shot. I think you'll find that it works better than any chemical-laden lotion you have used.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are so many great things to do with coconut oil on the internet. However, it is not for everyone, as it depends on your hair. Coconut oil is great for strengthening hair. My hair is healthy but the ends get terribly dry. I found this did nothing to moisturize them. I left it on for over an hour many times, and my hair just looked worse. It makes my hair crunchy unless I wash it 5 times, and then it's dry. It smells great, but olive oil works better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loooove coconut oil. I use it as an all-over moisturizer for when my skin is really itchy and uncomfortable. I bring it in the shower with me to help melt the oil while I shower, and then after I'm all done washing, before drying my skin, I pour coconut oil out of the jar into my hand, rub my palms together and apply all over my body. then I turn the water back on, rinse off a little, and towel dry. My skin stays soft and smooth all day.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No