Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Best lipgloss/chapstick ever

on 9/30/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG I don't know why but this is THE BEST chapstick/gloss I have ever used. I have the plainest of the shimmers I believe the name is just "Radiance", the one with the yellow cap. I use this at night even though it does give a very nice natural shimmer effect on the lips good for any day you may have dry lips or just not feel like wearing lipsticks or glosses. This is very hydrating and not balmy or sticky like some others. I do tend to develop dry lips if I don't wear a chapstick at bedtime but other ones leave my lips feeling sticky even in the morning with weird residue.. they can even break me out.. The Burt's Bees Radiance lip shimmer is by far the best chapstick I have ever come across and gives a lovely cooling sensation when applied. I love it. Will definitely repurchase and stock the hell up in case they ever stop making it!! HG!

on 9/18/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like these lip shimmers. Not too expensive, good colours, nice peppermint taste. I particularly love the one called Radiance; it adds the most beautiful subtle shimmer to the lips. It does contain a few chemicals though (limonene and linalool).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's a combination of a lipstain/balm. It has zero shimmer to it, so I'm confused as to why it's called a shimmer.
The tube is nicely compact, sturdy and easily retractable. I really do admire tubes that are made to retract/don't fight you or break when you try.
The balm itself is HIGHLY PIGMENTED. You must use a very very very light hand in applying. Thus this stuff will last you an extended amount of time - a VERY long time. I had mine for several months and used it on a half way decent basis and I didn't make a dent in it.
Personally, I didn't enjoy using it all too often because of how overwhelmingly pigmented it is. Even when using such a light hand, it gave me way too much color. The colors tend to run dark so it overwhelmed my face, especially for a day time look (running errands.) Funny enough, this can dupe for a lipstick for a nightime look. That way, your lips will be hydrated and very colored. For the price and for being a balm, the color payoff is great but it just happened to be too much for me is all.
My lips were never dry or chapped while using this. They stayed very smooth and soft. The staying power of this product is simply amazing. The entire day, without reapplying, even when eating/drinking. This can hold up to anything. The color also stayed very much intact as well. It's very light on the lips, so much so that you don't really feel it on there. It leaves lips very natural in texture.

The best lip balm I had ever used. Sadly, I ended up tossing it because I could not get past my color issue with it. I also didn't like how the colors in the line do run so dark. It's such a shame because I loved everything else about it.

If you like dark colored lip balms, this is for you. If not, you should still try it since the formula is excellent. Maybe someone else can apply it in a way to make the color lighter, I wish I could have figured it out.

on 8/12/2011 5:45:00 PM

Pretty colors, I got watermelon, it's just a little darker than my lips. Stays on okay, does go away faster than some but it's little and easy to take with you and re-apply.

on 8/12/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this product a few weeks ago, and I like it. I forgot what color I got but it is a shimmery light pink that goes pretty well with my skin. Burt's Bees can certainly be an expensive brand, but I think it is worth it. If you did happen to look at the ingredients, they are pretty natural! Hope you had a good experience like me!

on 7/30/2011 7:41:00 PM

I love these in caramel and peony. Not too bright, just a subtle hint of color and shine that moisturizes.

on 7/28/2011 12:39:00 AM

I have rhubarb and guava! Rhubarb is more creamy,way less shimmer,and guava is loaded with shimmer,but has a very pretty barbie, light pinky color. I didn't look at the ingredients but it did make my lips tingly-like when u wear a plumping gloss, not bad :)

on 7/24/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in Nutmeg, and I am loving it. I'm not much of a lipgloss kinda gal (unless I'm going out), I'm more into lipbalms. It's hard to find something that isn't too Carmex/Chapstick-y or something that isn't just fruity-smelling wax. This is the stuff.

Not only does it have the greatest ingredients, but it has just enough of a hint of color/shimmer to double as a lip gloss as well. I also LOVE the cooling feeling as well (I'm a sucker for Buxom's lipglosses). It hydrates my lips without leaving them sticky or waxy, has staying power, and just LOOKS AND FEELS great!

on 7/24/2011 3:01:00 PM

I've been using this product for years! On the days I don't want heavy lipstick, and just want a nice moisturizer/chapstick type of lip, with a tint of color I use this. Watermelon is my fav shade. A nice pink. I will sometimes even put it over my fav pink lipstick shades to give my lips a nice feel. The smell is great, also gives a bit of a tingle on the lips. Staying power isn't all that great, but all in all I love this product.

Popular Lip Glosses