April 20, 2014 | 1744 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is basically your classic, reliable lip balm plus a lip color in one! The lip balm aspect is pretty much the same as the original, but the lip color part is interesting. It's not too reflective, but it does act a distinct, colored shimmer to your lips. I have two, in Champagne and Fig. They are quite pigmented, so the product also has some lipstick properties. I would say it's a cross between a lip gloss and a lipstick. The staying power is a little lacking, but it's pretty good for a product that isn't intended to be used as a lip color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed, it's pretty much the same thing as the tinted lip balm, but in a different tube and or color. I bought caramel, it's nice because it's nude/ very close to my lip color, but it's not different. I'd buy it again because my lips are unevenly colored so I like to even them out and I'd use it for that, but nothing else. As far as moisturizing, just average.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Ingaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing Rhubarb shade.

When I first saw it I thought "omg how tiny it is" - and by tiny I mean smaller than tampon ;)
Before I will continue I must mention that before I got my rhubarb lip shimmer my lips where in horrible condition - extremely dry, with uneven-patchy like colour, lower lip was all cracked... :(

After 1st use of BB Lip shimmer all the cracks on my lower lip became even more visible than before... I was really and I mean really disappointed. The colour was so artificial like after the cheapest lipstick you could ever think of. When I closed my lips the whole colour was gone ... But since I was home I just left it on my lips pissed of like never before.

And then, after few hours I noticed a miracle happen.
All cracks were gone. All lipstick colour seemed to be gone too, but my lips looked so natural - like I was kissed all day. Now, whenever I use it, it looks very natural, but not every day natural, more passion-like natural.

Yup, thats Rhubarb, if you wonder what the color will look on you then I bet massaging lips for a while will give you the idea ;)

The smell could be more pleasant but after a minute you can't smell a thing and I love the mint tingling - great feeling for summer :)
Not sure how it works in winter yet.

I'm gonna recomend this beauty to all my friends! It's a must try and must have!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by CandySplitz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't wait to get rid of this! It had a horrid taste and smell, and my lips did not feel nourished at all. Just an icky and uncomfortable experience all round
I have stated before that I really want to like Burt's Bees products, but all of my experiences with this range have been very underwhelming. Its such a shame as I like the idea of natural products which do not test on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lmc52763

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love these lip balms. Champagne is my favorite color. I love the minty feel and the way they make my lips tingle! Go to lip color when I don't want to be fussy about application!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by AmberTillman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these! I own like 7 different shades, and they are all beautiful. I love the minty flavor, which I'm sure helps make breath seem fresher! Also, they are nice and compact, you can stick it in your pocket and take it with you! And since a lot of times lipgloss ends up being ingested (eating, drinking), it's nice to know this has natural ingredients :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by xbeachparadise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not a lot of flattering color available, this isn't as smooth as I wished it were and the tingles with a minty feel which some people might like but I didn't really like it I bought these in two colors and only used each one three times max. I just don't get the hype, but atleast they aren't expensive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have this in the shade Watermelon and I'm surprised I like it so much. My mom bought it for herself but didn't like how it looked on her so she gave it to me. After looking at it in the tube, I almost tossed it without even trying it. It's a bright cool-toned pink/mauve color---surely it would look hideous on me (NC20, strong yellow undertones), right? Wrong. I gave it a shot and now I actually find myself reaching for this often, especially when I'm in a hurry. I pair it with minimal eye makeup and MAC Oh So Fair for blush and it gives me a pretty, awake look that takes literally 2 minutes. The formula is pretty much the same as the original Burt's Bees lip balm. I don't find it moisturizing enough on it's own so I put something on before this. I have extremely dry lips though, so I don't fault this product for that. It's expensive for a drugstore lip balm but this is more like a sheer lipstick on me so I really can't complain. I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by icingfairy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in many shades. Theres watermelon which I love, rasin, and merot.The watermelon looks natural looking on my lips which is why I love that one the most. The rasin looks a bit more red and I wear this over a balm so it won't be as pigmented when it goes on. Merlot is just like the name, its really dark red. These balms are light and they do last a while color wise. They do contain peppermint oil which is drying on the lips, but I keep my lips well moisturized so using this won't damage my lips. However if u are looking for something to sooth ur chappy lips then this is not for u. Menthol is also drying fyi.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

great lip shimmer not exactly a fan of the mint factor but not a deal breaker