August 22, 2014 | 1269 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by valnoble

Love it! It makes my face so soft and smooth, helps banish breakouts, and has a creamy like scent. I buy it only in sample sizes, as I don't use it everyday and the samples seem cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sassydaphne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love this stuff!! After a recent acne flare-up thanks to Clarins foundation (read other review) I've been getting lots of skincare advice from friends. One friend, who has luminous skin, said she swears by Avon's Anew line. I admit to being somewhat of a product snob, but I was game thanks to all the great (but cheap) products I've found through MUA. Again, I love this. I noticed a difference after the third day. I'm using the night version, sometimes alone and sometimes with a moisturizer. My breakouts aren't completely healed, but the rest of my face looks so much better. I swear I can't see any fine lines around my eyes anymore.
    This has made me rethink Avon altogether.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by goldust7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ONE OF THE BEST CREAMS TO DATE I WORK FOR SHOPPERS I GET SO MAY CREAMS TO TRY BUT THIS IS THE BEST NOW I ONLY USE AVON THEY HAVE THE BEST STUFF AND IT WORKS SEE FOR YOURSELF.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I had a really potent allergic reaction to this product. I am NOT normally allergic to very many products. I tried it for a few days and broke out in bumps, very itch to the point that my teeth were chattering. This took a week or more to clear up, but improved daily. I wasn't certain if Alternative was the cause because these reactions are often hard to sort out. So I waited a few months and (before returning it) tried on my wrist. after one night I saw no reaction, so I tried it on my wrist again and on my neck to spare my face. By noon the next day my neck was terrible red and itching and I had itchy bumps on my wrist. It was the same kind of intense itching so I feel that this product is not just irritating to me, but I'm allergic to something in it.
    I can't evaluate effectiveness; didn't use it long enough.
    Just warning other people who might be curious if they have a reaction to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2006 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ciarar

A rich glycolic cream, nice texture and pretty potent judging from the redness and eventual peeling it caused on my chest. But the perfume. Holy moly! I've never known of such a strong lingering smell in a cosmetic. Even perfume doesn't linger this long. Fortunately I kinda like the smell but it's very distracting and you can forget about wearing perfume at the same time. Big clash. Just writing the review more as a warning to scent sensitive people out there. Test first. (This is for the non SPF version by the way.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kn2172

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product goes on nicely. I use it at night, alternating it with other products. I apply it first, then apply Healthy Skin over it. Now that I am middle aged my skin tends to be drier, and it feels good to be well moisturized at bedtime. The bottle looks nice, but is a bit heavy for traveling. The product has an odd smell, almost like coffee.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by struggler

I got the day version of Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment in a sample from ebay. and let me tell you, i put this on once, i was shocked at how my face looked in just a few minutes, smoother skin, seemed plumped up also, and more even. I am 32 and my face has been looking uneven, blotchy and some sagging. This product did wonders. Will definitely be buying the full jar to see if this keeps up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes! A product that does make a difference. Great texture and softens my skin and reduces my break-outs because of the sloughing action of the glycolic acid.
    Worth a try. I actually have my second jar lined up and ready to go.
    Three cheers for Anew!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jeffrose

I am almost finished with my first JAR of Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment (night cream)and I really like it! The smell doesn't bother me as much as it does other people. I like the texture. I only use this at night and I use the their day cream one in the morning - it has SPF 25. They are both very good quality. My only complaint on the night cream is that I wish it were not in a jar, but rather in a dispenser like the day cream or maybe in a tube that you could squeeze it out. I just don't like dipping my finger into a jar, plus sanitary reasons also. I feel it has made a positive difference in my skin's texture and I will continue to use it.... WAY TO GO AVON!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by DrsL

My 60+ skin welcomes this Avon Anew Alternative cream. Having used it for only several weeks, my face is so much more textured. Deep lines have truly been diminished, almost dramatically. The product soaks in really fast, and my skin looks and feels wonderful. The scent is not that offensive to me, and dissipates quickly. What matters is, the product works and does what it says it will do! Keep in mind that, like any AHA product, after application a moisturizer is desirable, if not necessary. Combine a moisturizer with this product, and you're bound to see super results.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No