October 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Fragrances - Hanae Mori - Butterfly EDP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice scent, quite gourmand but not cloying and there is an air of sophistication in this fragrance. I really like the combination of soft vanilla, stawberry and almond with a very light musk on the background. However, I used this just very lightly as it is quite strong on the opening and it might induced a headache. The bottle is simple yet elegant which is a plus but i'm not a fan of the price. Anyway, I am just glad this works well on my skin chemistry unlike the red and blue butterfly edts of which both smells like masculine scent on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by MadamPomfrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always loved Hanae Mori Butterfly. I had the Red Butterfly for years but I think now it's gone bad. While browsing at Nordstrom's perfume counter, I found the brand new limited edition Yellow Butterfly or the Hanae Mori Butterly Eau Fraiche Limited Addition.

Yum! Very similar to the Red Butterfly but with some subtle changes. There's the addition of tangerine top note and overall more fruity and light impression. Lovely for the summer.

However, the staying power is crap. I would love to have this fragrance more concentrated so it could last beyond half an hour. Do I have to take a bath in it to make it stay? If it had staying power, I'd definitely give it a 5.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

Phew, this is bad! You can't buy it in NZ so I ordered it online based on reviews. I like Addict, Lolita Lempicka, Fantasy, Miss Dior Cherie etc but this... it reminds me of some perfume worn in the 90's. Was it Exclamation? Was it Vanilla Fields? I do not know, but this smells so unappealing to me. The packaging is ok, but I don't like the frosted sides of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by fortiesn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in the mood for something new and had a Sephora giftcard in hand so off I went. I have very strange skin - it tends to turn most florals very sharp, so I don't pick up florals very often (Michael is the only exception). I gravitate towards florientals, which tend to help out with the sharpness. Given that information my Sephora assistant brought me this to try. I had Prada Tendre on one arm, purchased Narciso Rodriguez for Her and had this on the other. Driving in the car (whew!) I kept getting whiffs of the most beautiful smell. Really, just amazing. When I smelled the Prada arm, I loved the way it smelled but it wasn't the whiff I was getting - that turned out to be Hanae Mori and it was such a soft, sweet smell that I eventually broke down and bought it. (buy the EDP - it lasts way longer and stays truer than the EDT)

This is NOT my typical kind of scent - in fact I didn't want to like this as much as I do. It seems like this is such a popular perfume. The lady at Sephora even said that she is amazed by the loyal following. But I find that it is light, sweet and warm. I can see how this is not right for a lot of people, but this has suckered me in and has become my absolute favorite for daily wear. Give it a whiff and see - you might be surprised.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Very sweet, fruity floriental (I definitely smell lychee, almond and vanilla), but lacking any depth or complexity. It's nice, but I found it to be quite bland and uninteresting. I don't know why you'd shell out the cash for this when Victoria's Secret makes fragrances that are VERY similar for half the cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by beechezz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after all of the chatter on the boards, without even smelling it. I love the smell of almond so I figured I would love this. Unfortunately when I wear this people think I am wearing vanilla (must be the combination within the fragrance). Although I like it I won't be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells like some sort of confection. Its very sweet and very vanilla smelling, even though there is no vanilla in the notes. This actually lasts on me, and is quite strong innitially. I sprayed twice and it lasted all day, so this isn't one to bath in.
I have to be in the mood for this, but when I am I find it comforting and delicious. I don't think this would work on a hot day, I can see it getting cloying and sickeningly sweet. I would buy again eventually, but probably wont have too. I'll never make it through the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got several samples of this at Sephora and like it a lot. Like the previous reviewer mentioned it's a very pretty scent. Warm and sweet with hints of vanilla smelling undertones. I tried both the EDP and EDT in the store and prefer the EDP because it smells a bit richer and warmer. I like it so far and may purchase a full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

This review is for the Butterfly EDP. It's every bit as yummy and sexy as the lighter EDT, but it lasts longer. This is the only fragrance I've ever worn for more than a year; I've gotten tired of absolutely everything else. Lovely!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by misstayva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuck. Smells like a combination of Vanilla Fields and Dial antibacterial hand soap (the orange-coloured one).
Yes, a strange description. Why does it remind me of this? 'Cos I used to wear Vanilla Fields and a young'un, and my mom used this hand soap in our bathroom.
Now, Vanilla Fields gags me.
Didn't like this at all. It smells a bit cheap. I did give it two lippies, though, 'cos even though I think it smells like rubbish, the scent lasted a very, very long time. I washed and could still smell it.
Thankfully, this was merely a sample, and I didn't purchase it. I chose the sample from Sephora, 'cos the description made it sound nice! Unfortunately, this was not the case for me.