Sheer Cover Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

3.0

2011 Reformulation: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12.00%. Inactive Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 5/21/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this as an alternative to my Bare Minerals, which I swore by! The infomercial looked promising so I decided to order it. I really wanted to love this product but I just couldn't. The first thing that got to me was the smell, it smelled horrible, like really cheap makeup. I could't get the coverage that it promised either. And unlike my usual mineral makeup, it felt so cakey on my skin like I was wearing liquid foundation. Halfway through the day it looked even worse. I live in NC so the humidity in the summer is killer and this makeup just could not hold up in it at all. It was even more cakey than when I put it on. I think the thing I couldn't get over though was the smell. I just couldn't stand it. The only thing I liked was the brushes that came with it!

The foundation colors were a better match for my skin and they provided coverage without looking powdery. Easy to apply. I liked Sheer Cover better than Bare Minerals.

on 5/14/2011 5:58:00 PM

Strayed away from bare escentuals for one minute...and regretted it. This product is nowhere near as good. It had NO coverage at all. The only thing i DID find useful were the brushes, which i've kept. Do not recommend this product.

on 4/27/2011 11:56:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product. I even tried it twice. I found my match no problem (colorwise) but I could not get the coverage I wanted. It promised to cover my acne scars (which are few and are light to begin with) and it did nothing for me. The more I put on, the cakier it got. The concealer worked wonders at first but by the end of the day you could see where I had put it (and I did not put it on very heavy). This product also promised to cover rosacia. When this product didn't work for me, I gave it to my MIL who has severe rosacia and if anything it made it look worse and more noticeable. The price is ridiculous and the "freebies" that you get (such as an eye palette, etc) are not worth it IMHO. The eye palette was so sheer you really could not tell what color they were (neutrals and some purples) so I gave it to my 9 year old for playing with on the weekends when we don't go anywhere. Very expensive and didn't work for me or my mother inlaw. :( AND it was very hard to get customer service to cancel my shipment. I had to call and complain twice because they kept sending it to me and each time said, "huh, it says you are cancelled" and had to ship back and wait to get refunded on my card. I also had to call one last time after this because I didn't get the product but they charged my card anyways :/

on 4/27/2011 11:39:00 AM

I have been using this for the last 4 years and I am a combo-oily acne prone woman. It was a bit tricky in the beginning because I am very fair (NW20) so once I got my colours worked out (Frost in winter, Bisque in spring and in summer Bisque with some bronzer) it has been lovely. My issue is the packaging and the price and how you get your hands on the product, but as for the actual product, it works great! I went through a terrible time with adult acne and this did not aggrevate it any more. The coverage is very buildable which you need when your skin is under stress and the concealer does a great job at covering the blemishes and acne scars. If your like me and you want to use as minimal makeup as possible, but get good coverage that lasts, then this will do the trick. It has a satin finish so for my oily skin it gets a bit shiny pretty quick, but its nothing my MAC Blot powder (Medium) can't fix. Hope this helps :)

on 4/10/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My sister bought the starter kit in 'medium' quite a while back and as previous comments suggest, did nothing for her dry skin. I decided to use the 'golden' shade on a whim, as I wasn't getting along with my regular liquid foundation at the time. I have acne prone skin, so always use heavy foundation and this actually was great coverage, without the use of primers or concealers. The colour was great, and I didn't even have to mix it with the 'almond' shade that came with it. It really brightened my Indian skin. However, the powder did cake after a few hours even though it still looked quite dewy and fresh. I now use it as a setting powder (using a kabuki) for liquid foundation and it is brilliant. My face stays flawless and oil free all day, it is also very photogenic which is a major plus point.

on 4/4/2011 12:38:00 PM

This product is absolutely ridiculous. Its far too overpriced, looks cakey and glittery on my oily/dry skin, and smells terrible. Basically, you have to have perfect skin in order to pull this foundation off. If you have oily skin then the foundation makes your skin look and feel even more oily and shiny. If you have dry skin it makes your face look cakey. It also has terrible coverage.I paid $70 for this product. Do NOT recommend.

on 3/20/2011 4:02:00 AM

This powder is just ok nothing great at all..

Cons: poor coverage none!!,color match,didnt last for two hours and was almostcompletely off..

Pros:Didnt break me out

on 3/18/2011 4:14:00 PM

The product gives a really nice smoothness to the skin and covers enough for daytime. However it should not be used if you have spots or blemishes and things you wish to cover up. It's very light coverage and concealer will need to be used with it regardless. The product lasts for a really long time, I bought the starter kit two years ago and it is still going! That may seem yucky (lol) but this is a dry mineral product and my brushes are always clean! I'd therefore say buy it if you require light coverage for daytime. You will look like you're not wearing foundation but that's a good thing right?! :D

on 3/1/2011 2:23:00 PM

I wish the packaging was better, and Sheer Cover tends to be needlessly expensive for anything besides the basics, but anyway. I've used this foundation off-and-on, and for my dry skin I have to preface it with a primer, but it looks really natural on the skin. My boyfriend has even worn it to even his complexion once or twice and no one was the wiser. We had a gal ask what he used for his face regimen because she'd been so fooled! In the winter I mix latte with a bit of Frost and it seems to work well, with straight-up Latte being my summer shade. if you can, buy it at a Proactiv mall cart so you're in complete control of everything you get.