Urban Decay Eyeshadow (All)

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/15/2008 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I really wish I had gotten into these sooner. I recently had to throw out a bunch of eye shadow because it was too old or didn't hold up to my standards in terms of pigmentation and blending ability. Urban Decay doesn't have the shade range of MAC, but honestly I have had better luck in terms of quality. The colors are always very rich and they just smooth out so well onto my skin. I plan to replace a lot of colors with Urban Decays eye shadow. The chunks of glitter in some of the shades can be a nuisance, but it doesn't affect how pigmented they are or how well the blend. Still, I prefer not to get those shades because the glitter fall out is intense. I recommend trying one and seeing how it works out.

The shadows all come in rich gorgeous colors. They last the entire day, never crease, and can be used alone, layered, or as a liner. The glitter just adds to that little bit of glamour. There's a shade to suit every skin tone as well. It's a must try for shadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

These shadows are in a very easy to open, transportable container. I love the container design, and how easy the shadow goes on! I love it and I will recommend these to family and friends! I have one right now, but will be getting more. I have Urban Decay Matte eyeshadow in Chronic.

Urban Decay eyeshadows imo are much better than MAC. It is a bit more expensive, but the color payoff is wonderful! The texture of their eyeshadows are kind of creamy to the touch. The color selection is gorgeous. You can't go wrong with these!

on 6/13/2008 10:00:00 PM

i LOVE these eyeshadows!! i would honestly buy one in every shade, even though they are quite expensive. the colors are so unique and the nice part is that you can find some totally wild ones and play up your eyes to look totally funky, but they also have some neutral colors, for a slightly more subdued look. overall the eyeshadows are just great and i absolutely adore them!!

on 5/30/2008 9:32:00 PM

Urban Decay eyeshadows along with Hard Candy's quartet's are the best eyeshadows for the price range in my opinion, they're silkey, unique and very pigmented (well there are a couple of duds like Stalker & Midnight Cowboy). and totally makes MAC's eyesahdows pale in comparison! I think for mac you're just paying for the name it's really just the hype and large color selection but UD is way better. My favorite eyeshadow ever is PALLOR which was discontinued sadly... it's the most gorgeous pale, slightly greyed mauve/lavender wash color I've seen. I prefer the old packaging better personally because the new ones look a bit tacky and childish but what are you gonna do, they always discontinue everything cool and unique after a while.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Urban Decay eyeshadows are, hands-down, my absolute favorite. I love them more than MAC, Lancome, and, yes, even Dior. (Although that last one is because of color selection, not quality - Dior eyeshadows are the highest quality I have ever seen.)
Said color selection is not huge - MAC's is far more impressive - but it's nothing to sneeze at, either, and it's well put-together. Urban Decay has a good balance of playful pastels, brilliant brights, and tasteful neutrals. It's even got a few odd ones - Lounge, a reddish-brown with a green glow - that I don't know exactly how to categorize.
Urban Decay shadows come in four main finishes: matte, metallic, glitter, and shimmer.
The mattes are very nice, although I have only tried a few. They are intensely pigmented - as are all Urban Decay shadows - and do not migrate around your face or fade with wear.
The metallics are very metallic. Strip, for instance (metallic silvery blue), will make your eyelids look like you melted down someone's ring and painted it on your lids. Very fun, but probably not great for work.
The glitter shadows are the black sheep of the line, if you will. While they are, for the most part, just as pigmented as the rest of the colors, they have this irritating tendency to get glitter all over your cheeks. If you know someone who does not like Urban Decay eyeshadows, it is probably because of these. Luckily, the glitter problem is solved easily enough - merely use Urban Decay Primer Potion first, and then apply your shades with a wet brush. This trick has never failed me!
And the last finish, shimmer, is my absolute favorite. In my opinion, these are where Urban Decay truly excels. The shimmer shadows tend to come paired with the duochrome finish - where the main color flashes different shades in the light - and they are the absolute silkiest things I have ever used. The unfortunately-discontined Lust was a prime example; it was a medium purple, but flashed pink with undertones of grey. Wheareas the glitter shadows lose customers, the shimmer colors gain loyalists!
The pricing of these things isn't bad, either. I will admit that sixteen dollars may be a lot to some people, but the quality of these eyeshadows makes them worth every penny, and you will be so much happier with these than cheaper brands.
So go ahead and snag a few! Hopefully, you'll fall in love like I have! continued >>

on 5/3/2008 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome color range, nice texture.

Edit: The eyeshadows are finely milled, and the shimmers tend to have a sort-of creamy feel... which makes it very blendable. However, if you are not a fan of glitters, BEWARE of UD's sneaky glittery shadows. I hate fall out and their glitters are serious.

Otherwise, give UD a go! They are cruelty free!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love these eye shadows. They are rich and come in some really unique colors. They also have some really metallic colors that you can't really get elsewhere. The staying power is great. to maximize it use their primer!!! I don't like the glitter shadows though.. their texture seems to be a little different. The packaging is cute too! I'd recommend this to anyone, especially if you're looking for bold colors. Blends well and add some layers to intensify.. otherwise if you want you can get more of a sheer color with just a little bit.

on 4/24/2008 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite brand of shadow on the market! I have used just about everything both high and low end pricing and this is the best shadow you can buy. The pigment is amazing and this shadow stays on all day, no budging and still true to color. I have very oily skin and my eyelids are even oily and this works great for me which is rare. If you haven't tried this brand you are missing out! I have many other products from them and they are all fabulous!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products