April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - No7 Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by LoveVigilante20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As the other reviewers said, I was skeptical about this tinted moisturizer (c'mon, it's from Target!). Until I put it on. Being a medium beige/olive skin tone (MAC reference: NC35) the color in Medium looks a bit dark, but it goes on fabulously. Never a streak or blotchy look! Perfect for that Summer glow with no worries of having the 'makeup' run or be gone 2 hours later. Having very dry skin and very few blemishes, I love how this is a tinted moistuizer. I will definitley buy this product again and again in place of foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by luv4juicy5308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This for some reason feels sticky and oily for me. I got the fair one and it's slightly too light for me. I'm not too fond of the smell either. smells weird to me. coverage wise, it doesn't do anything. I feel like I have nothing on after wearing this. would not buy again.
So I went back to target and got the botanic one in medium and that one works a lot better with a nicer smell too. It also does not feel sticky nor oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by becdar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product - I don't need a lot of coverage, so it works really well. There's SPF, which is definitely a bonus (I used their Botanical tinted moisturizer before it was discontinued at Target) and there's no real, intense fragrance, which is lovely. It also stays relatively matte on its own and, with a dusting of translucent powder, can last all day.

For the downside, it's really not moisturizing at all. You'll definitely want to use your regular moisturizer before applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jessybaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good TM. I'm an NC40 and I bought the medium shade. It matches well enough to wear out, although it is a little too pink based. It gives a sort of bronzed look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm new to tinted moisturizer, but I wanted something to use on the weekends that would get me sunscreen and coverage in one step. This does it, sort of ... I've yet to figure out how to make sure I'm getting good sunscreen coverage on my entire face without too-heavy color coverage. And I can't tell if I'm getting color on my neck (I like to put some sunscreen there but since it's lighter than my face I don't want color there). But I'd have those issues with any tinted moisturizer.

About this one in particular: It only comes in three colors, which is not many for a color product. I'm pale but not pasty, and Fair (the lightest) looked a bit too dark when it came out of the tube. On me it worked okay - acts a little like a bronzer. It blends pretty well and seems to last long enough. I've developed a pimple on my chin after not breaking out in a while, but I'm not yet sure that I'd blame it on the product.

So overall, a pretty decent choice if I can figure out the technical issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by raspberries28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is actually better than my clinique because it has spf in it, i like this with the rest of my makeup or alone, its fabulous either way. The only thing is its a bit oily and i'm used to wearing matte makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stufffff!!!

I dont like to wear foundation and so I was in Vegas this weekend and I have been needing a tinted moisturizer and so I went to target...

WOW.. i was on the skeptical side.. but the stuff is amazng and feels wonderful going on. it honestly does not feel like you are wearng makeup.. just the right amount of coverage and makes my skin look nice and even! The rep for boots gave me a gift bag.. and it was a set of blush pears.. and that stuff is beautiful too.. perfect for my tan-olive skin :)

Plus I love how half a penny size goes such a long way! and I apply it with a foundation brush.. goes on super duper smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by analogem

this TM gives sheer coverage while providing spf protection.

it's a good deal for the price, compared to other TMs.

given the limited shade range, i got a shade that's a tad bit too light, but the next shade up would be tad bit too dark. it still blends well with my skin though. not a noticeably wrong shade.

i still need a TM with a little bit more coverage, though. but this TM lives up to its description and prize.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Sweetcaroline98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I am still seeing if I really really like this product - at this point I would purchase again. I have a tan and the Medium is a perfect match. This surprised me since there are not many color options to chose from.
I wore it yesterday for the first time and our heat was 88 with high humidity. I had to use my blotting papers at noon. This I expected as I always have to use them at noon. If this product was able to control the oil then I would think it might be clogging my pores.

When I removed it in the evening..it was still there. It felt light all day and not like I had anything on at all.
I have a good complexion with nothing I really need to hide. I owe this all to my mom who taught me very early on that you need to moisturize and apply eye cream even if you see nothing cause you always want to see nothing.
So since the age of 16 I've been using products and now I've been a faithful Clarins and Shiseido user.

The coverage is wonderful adn texture light. Today it'll be topping 93 and we are having our company picnic...lets see how well it holds up today. I do think, though, that $12 is a bit high. If I'm buying drugstore I would hope to pay around $6 but if this works then I have no problem at all paying it.
I pair it with a nude wash of cream eye color by Clarins, gloss and a bit of eggplant liner and mascara. I don't put poweder on until I show a sheen -

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great Boots product, this tinted moisturizer is wonderful on my dry skin, gives me a decent sun protection, and a pretty glow, too. Slightly more sheer than the Lancome Bienfait MultiVital that I love so much, but very similar in just about every other way. I am an NW20 and I chose Light in the Boots because I've come to know that their foundations tend to run a bit dark. It's perfect for me. It does spread on rather light but after a few minutes the color seems to adjust and there are no lines of demarcation at all. It melts into my skin and feels comfortable and gives a nice healthy dewy look. Comes in a 50ml squeeze tube which has a very convenient flip-top cap. It is easy to just squeeze out the amount you need. The only drawback is that the tube is white, it's opaque, so you can't really see how much is left. If you hold it up to a lightbulb you can sort of see how much is in the tube. The sun protection is SPF 15, mostly from oxtinoxate and a little from titanium dioxide. I've come to know that the titanium dioxide is an ingredient that is drying on my skin, and in this formula it's only 1.9%. And that is why I decided to try it. I'm thrilled to find a less expensive TM because I had been using the Lancome. This product is made in France and the ingredients are printed on the box. Here they are: Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, cyclopentasiloxane, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, petrolatum, paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), mica, peg-100 stearate, cyclohexasiloxane, c18036 acid glycol ester, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, sodium stearoyl lactylate, polyacrylamide, talc, propylparaben, xanthan gum, sodium polyacrylate, alumina, c13-14 isoparaffin, tetrasodium edta, laureth-7, bht. May contain ci 77891 titanium dioxide, ci77492 iron oxides,
ci77491 iron oxides, ci77499 iron oxides. A word about titanium dioxide, this is a physical sunblock that may give the skin a whitish appearance. Think of a tube of white acrylic paint that an artist would use. That white paint is called titanium white. It's thick and opaque. And now a word about the ingredients. There are things on this list that might cause some people to break out or get blemishes. I am lucky that I don't break out at all from facial products, so I can't address the breakout issue with this Boots product. I'm happy with it and would definitely repurchase.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No