August 23, 2014 | 1852 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used up the entire tube of this cleanser and I don't have anything great or horrible to say about it. It did an o.k. job at keeping my skin clear. I still got pimples from time to time, but it didn't break me out. The salicylic didn't dry my face out, so that was good. It got my makeup off o.k. as well, but not completely because when I used my toner I was getting residue off on the cotton ball. It didn't do much for my eye makeup at all. The smell is strong as other reviewers noted, but the longer I used the product the less it bothered me. I did like the exfoliating beads, but I definitely recommend using a separate scrub that is more effective. I can't say much about the anti-aging factor. At 31 I have a few fine lines, but no deep wrinkles, so I didn't notice any anti-aging benefits. All in all this stuff is o.k., but I doubt I will ever repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by greentea143

Started off great. Made my skin lighten a bit and helped even skin tone. Found no difference in blemishes or anti aging effects. However, after some uses, face started feeling oily, dirty, and some kind of weird residue after washing a half an hour later. Always felt this after washing face. Stopped using, switched to Garnier Nutrieste Detoxifying Scrub, with no big whoop, and now use only Olay Daily Facial Scrubs for oily skin. Much better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Not a fan of this product by Olay (love their Total Effects 7 signs & Regenerist ranges though). This cream cleanser contains small granules which I found to be quite irritating and harsh. I suspect this product may not be entirely suitable for people with sensitive skin or people who have skin that borders normal/oily. I found that my skin didn't feel clean and that the product was hard to rinse off. It felt like there was residue left over. This might be a good option for dry skins types because cream cleansers usually are a little more hydrating however having said that I did feel like this left me skin feeling a little parched. I can't really recommend this cleanser at all. Also overly fragranced, and not in a good way!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

No results. No improvement. Nada. Zilch.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2007 9:20:00 AM More reviews by alien21xx

For a drugstore cleanser that smells funky and didn't really take off my make-up very well, this thing is hella expensive! I've used it several times after buying to try Olay, but it hasn't been a very good experience (did nothing to smoothen my skin and keep it clear of blemishes!) And as mentioned, it really smells funky. i can't stand it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

just.. broke me out like crazy... I already use a separate product for removing my make up already... gave me nasty pimples :( I really hoped that I would like it but it is going to the garbage

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:22:00 AM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on a second tube of this cleanser already. I love Olay products, and this one is my fav Olay cleanser. I have normal skin and in my late twenties. So I like that it's anti-aging as well as keeping my skin clear. I sometimes get pimples when I am really stress or sleep deprive. But since I been using this cleanser, I haven't seen much pimples. I can't tell if the anti-aging ingredients really work, since I don't have lines yet (knock on wood). Honestly, I don't expect my cleanser to treat my wrinkles. If I was concern about wrinkles, I would invest in a good serum. The price is very reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by marinar

I bought this product after reading a good review in a magazine. My skin all of a sudden went crazy and I broke out left, right, and centre! I figured I had nothing to lose!

Some reviewers say that this doesn't do a good job in removing make-up... not sure what the case is as I use a separate make-up remover (oil-free), then this.

It has tiny little granules, not sure if they are even worth mentioning. It is oil-free and contains 2% salicylic acid. Unfortunately, can't say anything about the anti-aging component as I am 24 so I don't notice a difference. I find the smell quite lovely... reminds me of strawberries and cream!

I like the packaging, too. Comes in a convenient tube. Overall, I think it's a good product which comes for a reasonable price. Most likely will re-purchase... but I'm a bit of a product junkie so I won't be surprised if I get something new to try instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by JulianaEs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Based on BellaNova's review on this product (and other positive reviews too), I switch to this cleanser with its matching moisturizer. Can't really say much, as I've only started using it for a week. No major changes yet, except that my acnes dried up in 2 days. Yet it doesn't stop new acnes from coming out.

On the other hand, I like its exfoliating properties which at the same time doesn't leave my skin feeling taut. It's the closest thing I get to replace the long-ago-discontinued-The Body Shop-Peachy-Clean-Scrub. Its sweet melon smell doesn't bother me either. I may stick to use this product as an additional cleanser to my skin care routine. Currently, I'm alternating it with my existing Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Wash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Myfugitive

I bought this cleanser when my heavy anti-age creams were breaking my combination out...nothing major, but annoying all the same. I've used thia for around 2 weeks, along with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Age and Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream, and I have noticed significant improvement already.
This cleanser has a slight grainy, scrub feel to me, so you get the benefit of mild exfoliation when you cleanse.
And although this has acne medication in it, it does not dry my skin out at all.