April 19, 2014 | 1836 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by yelloweyedmage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has always been the best on me personally. It always looks like my skin and people typically don't know I have anything on. I can apply it light so it's invisible or I can apply a lot more for the more done-up looks but even then it looks pretty natural. It lets my little beauty marks show through when applied light as well as some of the natural skin tone variations of the face while still evening it out. I like to apply it lightly overall and then more heavily on the eyes and any red spots to give a natural skin look while covering up bad things like darkness under the eyes. I am big into natural beauty and minimalist looks so this is great for me, but when doing the more dramatic looks I just use more of it overall. My skin is very sensitive and this foundation doesn't bother it. When I was out at an event for a full day I forgot sunscreen and got extremely bad sunburn with blisters on my body but the foundation completely protected my face, I was shocked. I find I never have sunburn at all on my face when wearing this. I also don't break out from it. I have been using this since I was a teen and my skin has stayed in excellent condition, people always think I am still a teen. The texture of this is also very soft and fine, it blends out extremely well. Compared to another brand I tried this is definitely 1,000 times better and finer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say that I was once a fan of EDM until a few months ago. I realize that now it doesn't work as well on me anymore. For reference my skin is NC35-37 on MAC and I have olive undertone so I use Olive Medium. At first I was in love with the finish and the fact that the shade matches me perfectly. This foundation manages to even out my skintone without making me look too made up. BUT, this foundation makes me look horrible on pictures (my pores look obvious and I look patchy). And now after one and a half jar, my skin has begun to reject it. I started to have cystic acne and whiteheads so I stopped using this. I don't know if they change the formula but I'm disappointed. Also, if you're very oily, this probably is not for you since it doesn't give much oil control either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kikibug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this semi-matte formula!
Their new packaging, with the closable sifter, is GENIUS. I love it.
I like how you have to manually open the sifter, not just have unscrew the top and the sifter is just there, with powder everywhere.

The semi-matte formula works for me, and I have relatively dry skin with a semi-oily t-zone. I always apply moisturizer and sunscreen before I apply the mineral foundation. This way, the mineral foundation won't make the areas where my skin is most dry, stand out.

Coverage is dependent on how much you use; it is very buildable.
I usually use a lighter coverage on my forehead and, but medium-heavier coverage on my cheeks because of the redness. It does not look cakey if you use the right brush and only do a specific amount at the same time. If build coverage in small steps, the outcome will be amazing, flawless skin. :)

This makes my skin look flawless in pictures! Love it!

I have not broken out since I have been using EM. (For almost a year now)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Dybing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A really good mineral foundation. Probably the best! I haven't really tried many mineral foundations. But this really has coverage, and your skin feels so smooth. Also like you don't have makeup on! I have the semi matte in fairly light, and that is a really good match for my skintone. I use it with the mint green color corrector because I have redness to my skin. I should try different colours and formulas, though. Especially the intensive formula, which gives more coverage.

A really awesome mineral loose powder foundation without bismuth, medium coverage and a light sheen to it.
Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hespera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i really dont see how EM is so cheaper than BM First of all 2 EM foundations equal 1 BM so you really dont save. It didnt cover like a wanted it to. it also had a weird smell to it. and worst of all it made me break out!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by laydeexsav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

No, no, no! For all you oily, sensitive, acne-prone people out there, do not waste your money on this. I broke out after wearing this for just a week. This also accentuated my already large pores, and the lasting power sucked. After a few hours, it looked like I wasn't even wearing any foundation. What a waste of money...keep searching for a better mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by moobaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like how this product applies and feels on the skin. It also doesn't show the dryness and peeling on parts of my face, unlike the matte formulas. Also found a good color match that seems to just disappear on my skin, for a natural no makeup look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way these foudations feel but I have yet to find my perfect color. I ordered the tan sample kit and and am bouncing between buttered tan (looks great the moment its applied but turns sickly yellow as the day goes on. Forgot to mention, the buttered tan is the intensive version), sandy medium (good match, but I still wear my BB Concealer under my eyes and against the yellow based concealer, the foundation looks too pinky. Its described as for people with peach undertones) and medium tan (listed as having golden undertones, its a good match once applied but it turns darker as the day continues). I want to buy a full size of one but am turned off by the thoughts of having to make my own blend like other people have done. If anyone can help, please message me!

These don't ever appear chalky but I also don't feel like they cover too much. I also like that they have only a handful of ingredients. I really want to make the transition to minerals but I need help!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have been using many other mineral companys for years but this is now my hg!!!! yay finally. i tried this a few years ago and didnt give it a fair chance. when you order the sample kits you get one of each finish so its hard to tell if you like the right color/finish combo. this time i went ahead and orderd a full size of golden med semi-matte and it is fabuolous. the color is the same as BEs golden med but the formula is better. it feels so light on the skin, goes on evenly, covers very well, stays on for sooooo long and somehow keeps my skin from looking oily. the new rotating sifting jar is great and has small holes so it doesnt pour out and the container is flat which makes it easier to travel with. everyday minerals is a vegan company and i reccomend all of their products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

*Simply the most natural formulation.* Even for combo/oily skin. *The most BUILDABLE*- actually providing better coverage for me than the intensive.

I have oily/combination skin and when I got the sample kit my color (Golden Medium) came in this formulation, but I thought that I needed heavier coverage so I ordered a sample Intensive, then I thought, well, I LOVE matte, so I'll order the matte too, just in case.

Well, I started from Intensive and worked my way down the list from there (Intensive, Matte, Semi, O-Glo I refuse to try, haha). The first day I thought Intensive looked fine, but wasn't very buildable. I couldn't really figure out why I couldn't cover redness. It also didn't seem to have too much oil control, and it made me very sad compared to the BE Matte. So the next time I mixed the Intensive with the Matte, thinking I'd get better oil control with the same level of coverage. I used it for a couple of days and liked it fine, thinking that was the best it could get.

Well, I noticed on forums that a LOT of ppl are ordering and loving the semi-matte (and perhaps mixing with intensive or something else), so I thought since I had the sample I better try it out before I order what's in my cart.

My point?
This is GREAT for combo/oily skin. At first I got this confused with the swatch of the O-Glo on my hand and thought semi-matte would be matte with sparkles. It's not. It's not even a sheen like in blush. It is comparable to Chanel's Mat Lumiere, a matte finish with a natural glow, NO SPARKLES that mineral makeup might contain. The "glow" isn't even noticeable, just a natural look that's not a complete dry powder finish. *Simply the most natural formulation.*

Like with all mineral makeup, for me at least, it lasts all day, through showers (if you blot your face lightly with a tissue), walking your dog, a hot day, whatev. This is the only formula where I looked in my mirror and said, "wow, this is great." Before I thought, this is just as good as BE. Cremier, less pricey, more options, vegan. But now it's my favorite!

If you have oily skin I suggest buffing a light layer of the matte onto your t-zone and using a good finishing powder, this for me, had the same level of oil control as the matte, so definitely worth a try! Love love love!

*I do plan on ordering the matte and doing maybe a 3:1 ratio or perhaps a 1:1 ratio of Semi-matte to Matte to feel better about oil control on my face (depending on summer/winter). Today I had only Semi-matte on my face (plus light layer of matte buffed on my t-zone after the semi-matte was applied) and it was still wonderful! My absolute fav, yet never thought it would be!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No