August 23, 2014 | 1397 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by soniaemily

I LOVE Everyday Minerals! Excellent quality and very affordable. Love the colour selection for all their products! Extra brownie points for being organic, vegan and eco friendly :) Their brushes are a must try!

For reference I am a NC25-30 (yellow undertones) slightly pinkish due to sensitive skin(post acne) and find Golden Light in Semi Matte perfect when I'm fairer towards NC25 and a mix with or on their own although a smidge too dark but tanned looking, Neutral or Golden Medium when I'm more towards NC30.

O-glo - Semi Matte - Matte - Intensive is the order from sheer to full coverage. Usually more than 1 shade matches your skin tone, so play around with it and make full use of their free sample kits which is great! :) I love Semi Matte; makes my skin look healthy with fairly good oil control. (I have not tried semi matte for rigorous activity, just day to day use) I have read that you can mix different formulas to suit your skin type. For example, wanting the dewy finish of o-glo and oil control from matte or the coverage of intensive. I found O-Glo too 'glittery', Matte too flat and Intensive broke me out which is a bummer because I have post acne scarring. Take note that the intensive formula is a tone or two darker than the other formulas.

Despite Semi matte not having as much coverage as intensive, I find that it covers very well anyway especially with the 'mixing medium' method which gives me an airbrushed finish. The website advises to swirl and tap and buff. Maybe it's just my skin being a little dry and flaky but it doesn't work very well for me, albeit a natural finish. After facial prep (no primer), I spritz my EDM flat top brush, swirl in the minerals and stipple all over! Repeating whenever I need more product to cover my entire face. Flawless!

The only con, like most people, is the packaging and the fact that loose powders can be messy to deal with. Not at all the products fault but the medium it is in. No biggie. I LOVE this foundation and will continue purchasing so long my skin agrees with it :)

**EDIT** I wanted more coverage but the Intensive formula broke me out. I now mix Golden Medium in the semi-matte formula with the multi-tasking concealer. Works great!

**EDIT** Everyday Minerals International Shipping has no more cheaper shipping options and only has FedEx International Economy at $27.81 for a single jar of foundation :( I might need to start looking for a new HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Having tried many so many foundation bases, I finally decided to try EM. This is probably the most natural foundation I have, it literally covers up most of my blemishes without looking like I have foundation on my face. I love it for its lack of harmful ingredients and the fact that it looks so natural on my skin.

I would recommend this to everyone, especially those whose oily t-zone is wayyy out of control. I find that this foundation helps to absorb the "oillies" and keep my face relatively matte throughout the day.

The reason I bumped this product down a star is that I find the packaging messy and difficult to use. I also don't like using foundation brushes which is essential for applying this kind of mineral makeup.

Overall, I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by yelloweyedmage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has always been the best on me personally. It always looks like my skin and people typically don't know I have anything on. I can apply it light so it's invisible or I can apply a lot more for the more done-up looks but even then it looks pretty natural. It lets my little beauty marks show through when applied light as well as some of the natural skin tone variations of the face while still evening it out. I like to apply it lightly overall and then more heavily on the eyes and any red spots to give a natural skin look while covering up bad things like darkness under the eyes. I am big into natural beauty and minimalist looks so this is great for me, but when doing the more dramatic looks I just use more of it overall. My skin is very sensitive and this foundation doesn't bother it. When I was out at an event for a full day I forgot sunscreen and got extremely bad sunburn with blisters on my body but the foundation completely protected my face, I was shocked. I find I never have sunburn at all on my face when wearing this. I also don't break out from it. I have been using this since I was a teen and my skin has stayed in excellent condition, people always think I am still a teen. The texture of this is also very soft and fine, it blends out extremely well. Compared to another brand I tried this is definitely 1,000 times better and finer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say that I was once a fan of EDM until a few months ago. I realize that now it doesn't work as well on me anymore. For reference my skin is NC35-37 on MAC and I have olive undertone so I use Olive Medium. At first I was in love with the finish and the fact that the shade matches me perfectly. This foundation manages to even out my skintone without making me look too made up. BUT, this foundation makes me look horrible on pictures (my pores look obvious and I look patchy). And now after one and a half jar, my skin has begun to reject it. I started to have cystic acne and whiteheads so I stopped using this. I don't know if they change the formula but I'm disappointed. Also, if you're very oily, this probably is not for you since it doesn't give much oil control either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kikibug

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this semi-matte formula!
Their new packaging, with the closable sifter, is GENIUS. I love it.
I like how you have to manually open the sifter, not just have unscrew the top and the sifter is just there, with powder everywhere.

The semi-matte formula works for me, and I have relatively dry skin with a semi-oily t-zone. I always apply moisturizer and sunscreen before I apply the mineral foundation. This way, the mineral foundation won't make the areas where my skin is most dry, stand out.

Coverage is dependent on how much you use; it is very buildable.
I usually use a lighter coverage on my forehead and, but medium-heavier coverage on my cheeks because of the redness. It does not look cakey if you use the right brush and only do a specific amount at the same time. If build coverage in small steps, the outcome will be amazing, flawless skin. :)

This makes my skin look flawless in pictures! Love it!

I have not broken out since I have been using EM. (For almost a year now)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Dybing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A really good mineral foundation. Probably the best! I haven't really tried many mineral foundations. But this really has coverage, and your skin feels so smooth. Also like you don't have makeup on! I have the semi matte in fairly light, and that is a really good match for my skintone. I use it with the mint green color corrector because I have redness to my skin. I should try different colours and formulas, though. Especially the intensive formula, which gives more coverage.

A really awesome mineral loose powder foundation without bismuth, medium coverage and a light sheen to it.
Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hespera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i really dont see how EM is so cheaper than BM First of all 2 EM foundations equal 1 BM so you really dont save. It didnt cover like a wanted it to. it also had a weird smell to it. and worst of all it made me break out!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by laydeexsav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

No, no, no! For all you oily, sensitive, acne-prone people out there, do not waste your money on this. I broke out after wearing this for just a week. This also accentuated my already large pores, and the lasting power sucked. After a few hours, it looked like I wasn't even wearing any foundation. What a waste of money...keep searching for a better mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by moobaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like how this product applies and feels on the skin. It also doesn't show the dryness and peeling on parts of my face, unlike the matte formulas. Also found a good color match that seems to just disappear on my skin, for a natural no makeup look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way these foudations feel but I have yet to find my perfect color. I ordered the tan sample kit and and am bouncing between buttered tan (looks great the moment its applied but turns sickly yellow as the day goes on. Forgot to mention, the buttered tan is the intensive version), sandy medium (good match, but I still wear my BB Concealer under my eyes and against the yellow based concealer, the foundation looks too pinky. Its described as for people with peach undertones) and medium tan (listed as having golden undertones, its a good match once applied but it turns darker as the day continues). I want to buy a full size of one but am turned off by the thoughts of having to make my own blend like other people have done. If anyone can help, please message me!

These don't ever appear chalky but I also don't feel like they cover too much. I also like that they have only a handful of ingredients. I really want to make the transition to minerals but I need help!