OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

4.5

on 10/22/2011 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Bought this today on a whim as i wanted a dark polish. I love the colour, almost black with a purplyish undertone! Two coats gives perfect cover. The reason I have taken a lippie off is that it chipped after an hour!!!!! That might be more to do with my banging my nail on a metal fire guard tho! Also I didnt use a topcoat so that may have made it an issue too.
Overall, a lovely colour, especially for autumn! Keep your nails short if you dont want to look trashy :)

edit: I have reinstated the 5th lippie. ALL nail polish needs a decent top coat and this is no exception, especially if your a busy mum of two ;) I used Nails Inc Albert Bridge topcoat last night and it looks great. Im investing in Seche vite today as Ive heard no top coat comes close!!!

on 10/19/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great color! I don't have this anymore, but it was my go to color for a long time. It's very vampy and sexy. Looks great on fair or dark skin. Lasts long and dries fast. Applies smooth and evenly. Very creamy and matte. Deep purple-red.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After blushers, nail polish is my favourite type of make up. OPI is my favourite brand and Lincoln Park After Dark is my absolute favourite colour! I have fair skin and its not too harsh like black is on me. Its dark enough for a vampy look, but the plum colour looks very elegant.

on 10/11/2011 12:22:00 AM

This is an amazing colour. Its a sexy alternative to black, and is a must have for every nail polish freak like myself.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is an oldie-but-goodie for me! This has been a go-to fall/winter color for me for nearly a decade. This color is not for the faint: it's a very deep, inky plum (nearly black) color. Very shinny finish, opaque in 2 coats, and dosen't chip for 3-4 days with a good topcoat. I will keep purchasing as long as OPI keeps making this color.

on 10/2/2011 5:33:00 PM

I went to get a mani & Pedi and i was in search for a very dark color almost close to black, I didnt want Black because it would be way too dark. The lady suggested this color and i absolutely love it, Its the perfect shade for Fall, essentially it is a very dark purple but its dark enough to look like a nice black, in the sunlight You can see a small hint of the purple. My nails look so shiny I love this color!

on 9/18/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful shade of dark vamp plum/black. Not completely a cream finish, although it might look it from afar. It has an ever so slight bit of shimmer in it. Applies beautifully. Opaque in two coats and wears well.

on 8/20/2011 6:48:00 PM

I dont have a bad thing to say about this polish.
Its a very, very dark purple....practically black with a purple tint.
Application is excellent, goes on so even and smoothly....even after ive had the bottle for AGES!!
I love my nails to have a super shine and this delivers, it keeps a fresh looking shine for days, which really compliments the rich dark colour.
I think OPI polishes are reasonably priced at 8.75 Compared to Chanel polishes costing 17.50 and dont last as long without chipping. The bottles are a good size and brush makes application so easy and smooth.

on 8/17/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

i own a few OPI's now and i must say they are all easy to apply thanks to the brush, dries quite quick as well. allmost better then Essie!
it's the darkest purple i own :-D very goth colour! i like it alot

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

OK so I only wear a few colors and LPAD is one of the ones I wear most, along with Big Apple Red. Very dark not quite black.

Popular Polishes