November 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an oldie-but-goodie for me! This has been a go-to fall/winter color for me for nearly a decade. This color is not for the faint: it's a very deep, inky plum (nearly black) color. Very shinny finish, opaque in 2 coats, and dosen't chip for 3-4 days with a good topcoat. I will keep purchasing as long as OPI keeps making this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by karlababyx3

I went to get a mani & Pedi and i was in search for a very dark color almost close to black, I didnt want Black because it would be way too dark. The lady suggested this color and i absolutely love it, Its the perfect shade for Fall, essentially it is a very dark purple but its dark enough to look like a nice black, in the sunlight You can see a small hint of the purple. My nails look so shiny I love this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

Beautiful shade of dark vamp plum/black. Not completely a cream finish, although it might look it from afar. It has an ever so slight bit of shimmer in it. Applies beautifully. Opaque in two coats and wears well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I dont have a bad thing to say about this polish.
Its a very, very dark purple....practically black with a purple tint.
Application is excellent, goes on so even and smoothly....even after ive had the bottle for AGES!!
I love my nails to have a super shine and this delivers, it keeps a fresh looking shine for days, which really compliments the rich dark colour.
I think OPI polishes are reasonably priced at 8.75 Compared to Chanel polishes costing 17.50 and dont last as long without chipping. The bottles are a good size and brush makes application so easy and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by LadyMorrigan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i own a few OPI's now and i must say they are all easy to apply thanks to the brush, dries quite quick as well. allmost better then Essie!
it's the darkest purple i own :-D very goth colour! i like it alot

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK so I only wear a few colors and LPAD is one of the ones I wear most, along with Big Apple Red. Very dark not quite black.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by PinkChicken

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've read so much hype about this nail polish, in my search for the perfect vamp polish, so I bought it yesterday and applied it when I got home. What a disappointment, two coats of this made it look so black that when I showed it to my sister, she asked if it's black. Even in sunlight, it looks so black with just the tiniest hint of plum. If you are looking for a dominant black colour with the tiniest hint of plum/purple, this would be good. If you are looking for something that will not be mistaken as black, steer clear.

Also, two coats of this still did not make it totally opaque, I had to go over some nails with a third coat.

I only liked the glossy finish as I'm a fan of creme polishes. The colour however is a disappointment. I am exchanging this today.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish seems to be quite famous and I had heard so much about it - so I was so excited to try it.

I will now be joining the LPAD fan club! As this is a rich, classy looking colour that every girl should own.

A few downsides though -
I found application was not easy. Nothing really to do with the formula - but this is so dark that you have to be very careful applying as mistakes stand out and look very messy - especially around the cuticles.

I quite liked the colour after one coat - a very dark plum (not black). but it was a little streaky so I needed the apply a second coat..

The result was a very glossy finish - but it was almost black! I would describe as Blackcurrant. In sunlight you can see the plum/purple undertones - but it is very dark. A winter colour for sure. but it is very sophisticated.

I may wear it now and again in summer. I am blonde with a light tan so I could never look goth, but if I was dark and pale I would avoid this.

I am hoping to find a polish that is a few shades lighter.
On the plus side this did not stain my nails after removal and I love the name of it but I will not buy this again as there are other vampy shades to try.

I wondered about buying William Tell me all about OPI. But my friend has just bought a bottle so I was able to compare the 2 polishes. I had read that they were different - but we could not see much difference when they were on our nails. We compared nails in the office lighting and by a window (sunny day) - but to use they looked the same! So I think if you have one you dont need to buy the other.

LPAD - I really wanted to love you - but I just like you and will score you a 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by ellejs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the rouge noir and i thought this would be a good dupe. I like OPI polish and have 4 other colours it coveres well and the brush is good, but I think on me this colour is just too dark and looks almost black so i would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very primitive vampy dark, I think. It looked one dimensional and bored me to tears. It felt like such a waste to change my pedi color only three days into it, so I stuck with it and gave it a chance to grow on me - never happened! I am sooo happy that I did not buy this simply based on the reviews here because it would of been a complete waste. def give it a go before purchasing because in my opinion there are so many more interesting dark colors out there.