November 26, 2014 | 1718 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mynameisandrealee

Would you like comedone-covered skin? If you answered yes, then feel free to purchase this overpriced melted-plastic-in-a-jar. I love Estee Lauder mascaras (am currently using Double Wear Zero Smudge). But I felt so strongly about this supposed "skin-care" product that I must write to warn others! Ater one application I am now still in the process of getting my skin back to pre-application condition. This cream caused sudden redness and plastic-looking skin, but in addition made my face all bumpy with hardened and elevated comedones. Also made skin very shiny and yuck. From my subjective experience, I urge you to NOT buy this toxic topical goo. Do not be deceived by the nice packaging and smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

At first I really liked this lotion. I was looking for a non-greasy day lotion with SPF, with some skin beneficial ingredients and that wouldn't break me out. This lotion fit the bill. It is not greasy at all, and in fact on my combo/oily skin I don't find it moisturizing enough. I had no problems putting makeup over this lotion. It has an avaerage SPF of 15, and does not have the sunscreen smell. This lotion, like most of EL's, has a slew of antioxidants and other beneficial ingredients. I don't feel that in the two months I used the product that I noticed any diffrence in my skin's appearance, though it may take longer. This also did not break me out, which was very important to me. This comes in a hygenic air-tight pump bottle that was clean and easy to use.

On to the negatives that I soon discovered. This lotion was just not moisturizing enough. I was using it in the summer, and I still was getting dry patches. I think this would however work for those with very oily skin. The main problem I had with this lotion is the smell. I prefer unscented products, but I was initally pleased with the light cucumber scent. It lingered, but it wasn't too floral or perfumy. The issue was that the scent seemed to intensify as time went on. What started as a faint scent soon became overwhelming and gag worthy. For that alone I will not repurchase. Also at $42, this is pretty pricey. I have found drugstore products that I much prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by alarma

I love this moisturizer! I have a normal skin with the oily T zone, and this moisturizer keeps my skin normal in the T zone. I used Biotherm Aquasource Skin Perfection moisturizer but it didn't do anything for me. I work in a salon and my shifts are crazy, sometimes 12 hrs and this keeps my make up in place for the whole time and does not make my skin look either greasy or dehydrated. I love the smell of the cucumber and the texture is very light and absorbs fast, you don't need a lot of this product. I also noticed that I started braking out less and my skin texture improved. Originally I got a tested of this cream in my gift with the purchase but I loved it so much that I went and bought it in the full size. The only down point is that it is a bit on expensive side.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Bonnerka

A very decent moisturiser for most of the year - it has SPF15, which is not enough for me over the summer. It absorbs easily and I love the cucumber scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The ones with sensitive skin, beware this product! It reddens the skin and it has the most disturbing heavy fragnance!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by fitchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Estee Lauder's DayWear Plus is a great day and night moisturizer. It protects your skin from future damage and repairs damage that is already done to it. The SPF in it is also light-activated, so you can wear it a night, too, if you want. It's very silky and I don't have to use a lot for my face to feel hydrated.

I have normal skin and I don't have a lot of skin damage, but I wanted something that would protect me from the signs of aging. I 've only been using it for just over one week and already my skin's texture is improving.

I have olive skin, so I've always had a problem with undereye circles, but it's helping to lighten them. It's also helping little skin irregularities on my cheeks. They're almost invisible now.

It's a little pricey, about $40 for a full-size jar, but for me, it's worth it. I've tried a lot of products out there for skincare, and so far, this is the best I've found for my skin type (normal). It has a great fragrance that is very light and not overbearing.

I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by vevita

This is a great product for those looking for a light moisturiser with SPF protection.

I have combination to oily skin with some dry patches and very prone to break outs and this product works wonders for me, the moisturising is great, 15 SPF is ok and it has antioxidants that really improve the appearence of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by glitterfairy11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this moisturiser, I've used it for several years and I've only recently stopped as I just turned 30 and feel it's time to use an anti-ageing product (I'm upgrading to Estee Lauder Revelation!). I stumbled across this a few years ago when I asked an Estee Lauder SA about anti-ageing and she advised me that my skin didn't need it yet, I would be better with a product that delayed the signs of ageing. And I'm so glad she did! I've tried a couple of others (Korres Pomegranate Moisturiser and Chanel Energizing Multi-Protection Cream) but I always returned to this as neither made my skin feel as lovely as this.

The moisturiser has a fresh, cucumber scent and is a pale green. It sinks in very quickly leaving skin feeling velvet soft and makes an excellent base for makeup. I've always found the SPF to be perfectly adequate for day-to-day life, only needing a higher sunscreen if I'm actually sunbathing! It suits my combination skin perfectly, I've never had any irritation or breakouts from it. In fact I receive many compliments on my complexion. I'm told I look many years younger than my age, which I mostly put down to good genes but I think a good beauty regime certainly helps!

There's a reason this moisturiser regularly wins best moisturiser in magazine beauty awards (here in the UK anyway), it's seriously good and I'm just sorry that I need to move on now! Think I may have to buy an occasional pot of this just because I love how it makes my skin feel so soft!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by wanderingkind

This moisturizer is very light, which I liked, and went on smoothly. There are other versions with higher SPF for those seeking more protection against the sun, and you can wear this moisturizer day and night. It didn't cause any breakouts for me (I have combination skin) and it has a pleasant cucumber/tea smell. It has anti-oxidants, which help your skin, and there are different versions of this moisturizer made for all skin types.

The price was a bit high (since I bought it from a department store, you might have better luck finding it somewhere for a cheaper price) but I definitely liked this product. I will buy this again unless I find a moisturizer of the same quality for cheaper.

I shared this product with my sister, and it lasted quite a while despite the small size (1.7 oz) The only thing I would be concerned with is the ingredients, since most sunscreens contain parabens, and -benzone ingredients, which are hormone changing and bad for the environment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin yet using this made my skin look sticky/ shiny like an oil slick. Yuck. All Estee Lauder products come heavily perfumed with D&C coloring added - which is all unnecessary. Feels like I'm slathering perfume all over my face instead of good skin care.