November 27, 2014 | 1498 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dazzling. That's the word that comes to mind when I see this polish. After two coats, you're left with gorgeous red jelly nails loaded with red glitter. Ruby Pumps is the perfect name too - paying homage to the classic shoes it resembles from The Wizard of Oz. Not required in a collection but a gem to have. Perfect for the holidays.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ChinaGlazeJunkie

Enough people have described this so I'll go straight to what I think about this amazing red polish. It only needs 2 coats and positively glows on your digits. I put it over a gold and it was amazing! The glitter is subtle and wasn't a PITA to remove. I'm very glad I listened to myself and picked this up. I will for sure be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

China Glaze's Ruby Pumps is a red glitter polish in a medium-dark red base. This color is absolutely to die for!! It's the perfect shade of red - not to dark or vampy and not bright. The red glitter suspension really pops in the sunlight but is also highly sparkly in ambient indoor lighting. Application was a dream - very smooth and opaque at three coats. Drying time was very quick - quicker than some other China Glaze formulas. This will dry very slightly dull so a top-coat is a must to get this to "pop". With Poshe over top I was able to get seven days of wear with only minor tip wear and no cracking, crazing, or chipping. Removal is going to be quite difficult because of the glitter so I would suggest pure acetone or even the MUA foil method. All in all, this DEFINITELY goes into my Holy Grail pile and I'm considering stocking up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color - I agree with the reviewer who said that two coats were enough, but three gives it beautiful depth. It's a little bit of a pain to get off because of the glitter, but totally worth it for how pretty this polish is. Love it when Sally's puts China Glaze on sale, as it makes them super-inexpensive. A must-have for hands and toes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

This color is so beautiful. It's also thick enough that I can get away with just one coat if I'm in a big hurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kami8610

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous color! This is now my go to red and I already own OPI's not really a waitress.

This is a deeeep, silky ruby red. Perfect if you are looking for a bright bold red and also perfect if you want a more vivid dimensional red.

It also has flecks of glitter in it but it isnt over the top. If you havent tried this shade...try it!

It really is like Dorothy's heels :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by darcielea

Goes on great and is my favorite red

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ThePamster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What can I say about this polish that hasn't been said yet? Pretty much nothing. Man it is the most gorgeous glittery red I've ever seen! I love it so much! I wear this polish when I am feeling in a party mood, it's perfect for a night on the town or just a night in front of the tube relaxing. If they ever discontinue it I'll be very sad, and need to get a back up bottle so I don't run out! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

An absolutely beautiful color! The red and glitter can go well for almost any occasion. Please note, when you apply on the color it looks slightly pinkish. However, when lady taught me that in order to achieve the true Ruby Slippers color, apply a GOLD base underneath it. It looks stunning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by laureg

So pretty! Not for everyday, but as a special occasion polish it is beautiful! I also like that it is a bit of a darker red, and it avoids having a blatant Christmas look to it. I'll definitely repurchase!