Nivea Eye Make-Up Remover

3.5

on 12/4/2005 1:00:00 PM

I'm super picky when it comes to eye makeup remover. I've tried tons of different brands and most of them are either too harsh, too greasy or not effective enough. This one from Nivea is a little above average but not perfect alas.

I like the creamy texture, it's gentle, not oily and won't leave a residue over my eyelids. Plus it doesn't burn or sting my eyes, and doesn't dry out the sensitive eye area. And it's fairly priced (approximately 7$ in Canada). However it doesn't remove all my mascara (and I don't even use waterproof mascara). I will probably purchase it again, until I find my HG eye make-up remover. continued >>

on 11/9/2005 1:28:00 PM

This creeps into your eyes and stings. I do not reccommend it at all. Not wanting to spend the money on HG Lancome eye makeup remover, I've tried Mary Kaye's and it's good.

i used to just use vaseline but then i figured i'd try an actual eye m/u remover. this stuff isn't that great. it doesn't remove my w/p mascara unless you put globs of it on your eyes and it stings my eyes. the packaging isnt nice either the gel/cream is always going everywhere and the bottle leaks! def. try something else.

on 10/9/2005 2:59:00 PM

I kinda like the packaging, actually, it's good for travel and i don't have to worry about it popping its top and leaking all over my bag. Fine for removing e/s and cake eyeliner. Does not seem very effective against waterproof mascara though - so maybe OK for gals who wear the non-wp variety. If your goal is removing w/p mascara, though, look elsewhere.
UPDATE: This creamy lotion formula is a bit diffucult to work with, IMHO - it takes more rubbing for adequate makeup removal and leaves more residue than a liquid remover would. Maybe it's the extra rubbing or the runniness of the formula getting in my eyes, but the formula seems to irritate my eyes, especially if I don't rinse very very well after using. Also, it will leak out from the container if you don't cap it... The screw cap is good for traveling securely but a pain when using it. Will not repurchase. I still prefer Physician's Formula Vital Lash (Oil-Free) Eye Makeup Remover Lotion.
continued >>

on 9/24/2005 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This never gets all the make up off. I always end up with mascara under my eyes after I use it. It also stings my eyes. And if I leave my contacts on it clouds them up. The packaging isn't great either. If I put the tube down to wipe one eye, I find that some of the product has dripped onto the sink. It works best when there's just a little big of make-up under my eye I want to get rid of.

on 8/11/2005 3:17:00 AM

This is an OK eye-makeup remover. It does a decent job of removing everything but I find I have to go over my eyes twice with this stuff. And the trick is to apply it to the eyes, let it sit for about 10 seconds and then wipe, if you wipe immediately the product hasn't had enough time to breakdown your makeup. If it gets in your eyes it will sting a little, the bottle would be better if it had a flip top, and my eyes feel greasy after and I have to cleanse it seperately after. Got this as a bonus and decided to just use it up. Not going to be buying this again. (Got another brand new bottle for anyone, who likes it, up for swap.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It took off makeup easily but stung my eyes. Won't buy again.

on 7/14/2005 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG eye makeup remover. Most important feature: It does not sting my eyes at all, unlike other more highly touted stuff (Bi-Facil, for example) Second; It removes everything I wear (liquid liner, regular and waterproof mascara) 3. Good price. Only improvement I'd make is put a flip top instead of screw on/off top on this. Otherwise, it is PERFECTION!

on 7/14/2005 4:41:00 AM

This is the only remover I've bough over and over again. When I was younger I used what was available, but then I got this for a birthday many years ago, and I've used it since. I don't wear waterproof makeup, so I don't know how well it removes that, but for ordinary mascara and eyeshadow it does it's job well. The smell is kinda ordinary, nothing fancy about the packaging, but the price is decent (about 6$ in sweden) and I know it works, so I will continue to buy it.
EDIT jan02/2006: Maybe I use more eye-make now than I used to, but this remover doesn't really work with me anymore. I have to press it to the lasher for half a minute before the mascara starts dissolving, and even then I have to rub like crazy. And I'm very careful about my short little lashes, so I can't use this anymore. Works fine for a normal amount of mascara, but not the 6-7 layers I put on. Not changing the rate, just mentioning.

on 7/8/2005 5:17:00 PM

I don't like this.I did'nt get away all my eye makeup.Back to Lancôme Bi-Facil.