April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ayaspiralout

The texture of this foundation is lovely- very light, and the finish is nice too. I don't find the coverage to be that great, though- not full coverage like advertised. it also looked kind of gross on me after a few hours- not shiny, just kind of icky overall, like it was sitting on top of my skin. In pictures it looked shiny, though, after just wearing it for about 2 hours, with all the normal precautions I take- oil control lotion, primer, powder, setting spray, etc...so I wound up returning it. I loved the bottle and really wished it wore better on my skin because the texture was soooo nice. If I am going to pay that much for a foundation, I want it to perform better than my $15-ish drugstore foundations.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Teint Idole Ultra is Lancome's full-coverage, long-lasting foundation. I did find both of these claims to be somewhat true. It would be best if I could break this down into pros and cons:

Pros:
    -nice shade range (TIU didn't oxidize on me like Teint Miracle did!!!)
    -decent coverage*
    -easy to apply

Cons:
    -coverage wasn't as good as it could have been
    -doesn't last for anywhere near 18 hours on my skin (combo)

+/-:
    -I have noticed that Lancome does have a bit of variance among shades throughout their line. TIU was a bit too dark (but didn't oxidize) while TM started out being a good match but turned orange as the day wore on.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by melaniesusan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This definitely holds up 18-hours, and looks natural on my face, despite the fact that it's medium coverage. My skin is neutral but leaning toward cool, and light to medium in tone. I wear Teint Idole Ultra in Buff 4 (C), along with Color Ideal powder in Light 10 (W). (Previously I wore either MAC NW 20 or C1; or Jane Iredale light beige or warm silk).

The biggest issue I have with this is that it clogs my pores if I wear it every day, 18 hours at a time, even if I wash/exfoliate well afterwards. I can go about a week and then my skin starts breaking out. So I reserve it for evenings out when I will only wear it a few hours at a time. My go-to daily foundation is now Zuzu Luxe liquid + matching powder, which doesn't cause breakouts.

The other drawback to Teint Idole Ultra is the packaging; it's in a heavy glass bottle, so it's not very portable for travel, although I have dropped it once or twice and (thankfully) it didn't break.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by anthurston

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read reviews on sephora and decided to buy. It was around 30 to 40 dollars I believe and definitely is not worth that. It's claims to last 14 hours and retouch free. I have oily skin to begin with and really liked the sound of retouch free and oil free, but about 3 hours after applying I'm already blotting and putting on powder. Right after you apply it looks GREAT, very light coverage, awesome pump and I think the packaging is nice. Just does not work at all for me. My bottle is still full so I use it on days where I do nothing. I like MUFEs matte velvet +.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by niff524

Haven't written a review for a while!! I'm a self-confessed ex-foundation junkie. I've owned about 30 different foundations, high end through to low end, and spent so much money experimenting with different products. I have yellow/olive-toned Asian skin (around NC30-40, depending on whether I have a tan or not) which is oily and used to be prone to breakouts (until I found acne.org's amazing treatment). For me a good foundation has to satisfy the following criteria: 1) Have decent coverage for some light acne scars and enlarged pores; 2) Be reasonably long-lasting on my oily t-zone; 3) Be right for my skintone (which is hard to match in most European makeup lines); 4) Not cause breakouts; 5) Have a natural finish that's not too matte, not too dewy. Among my favourites are: YSL Perfect Touch (excellent all-round, but I hate the packaging and colours run on the peachy/pink side), RMK liquid and cream foundations (beautiful colours for Asian skintones and lovely finish, but both formulas gave me acne!), Bourjois 10Hr Sleep Effect (very natural, dewy finish, good colour selection, but not long lasting) etc. However, I feel that the only foundation that truly ticks ALL the boxes for me and one that I always come back to is TIU Ultra!!!

I use the shade 037 (Beige Desert) which is available in the UK, and while it's not a 100% perfect match being just a tad too peachy (RMK 103 is a peeerrfect match for me), it's hardly noticeable once it's blended properly. Coverage is really buildable. A pump is always enough for my whole face for excellent coverage that's *not* cakey/mask-like at all. (unlike EL DW which can be mask-like and is sooo bad for my skin!!) Like some reviewers said, the finish is natural, sophisticated and just looks clean and polished. I set it with some powder (I use Chacott loose powder or E.L.F. HD powder) and voila, a perfect, poreless canvas that stays matte (but not cakey-matte) for a good few hours before blotting is required!! (please note, my t-zone is EXTREMELY oily!!!! I go through blotting paper like crazy!!!) And even when I do see some oilies come through, I only require minimal touch-up compared to when I use other foundations. It does oxidise a little throughout the day but on my skin it's barely noticeable. By the time I wash my makeup off after a 12-14 hour day, I'd say my makeup still looks 80% fresh, with 2-3 touchups in between, which is quite a feat for my greasepan face.

I plan to use this for my wedding and will take some test shoots with this foundation on and really put it to the test!!!!

I'd highly recommend this to other women with my skin type. Dry skinned girls might want to stay away from this though as I guess it can be drying. Price is a bit steep but well worth in IMO. A bottle would last me about 6 months with daily use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this foundation. I received this as a sample in W6 Bisque which is a very close match for my tan skin. I was looking for good coverage and long wearing. I tried my sister's EL Double Wear and found that it did not spread evenly and had a dry-ish texture. This on my hand felt rich and covered more evenly, and also was supposed to last 14-hours.

I applied it to my face after using a MAC Prep+Prime which had made two foundations last very long on me. It applied smoothly and evenly, and although the product is rich - it did not feel heavy on. My skin looked smooth but not fake as in it's obvious you are wearing foundation. My face felt very soft and the foundation set, meaning you could not rub it around after it had dried (non-greasy). I topped it off with a light dusting of EL Double Wear Pressed Powder.

>>Fast Forward 4 hours later and my nose is completely shiny, and the product has just about all disappeared from my cheeks. Lately, I have been having issues with my nose being very shiny and I was looking for something to control that, which this did not. I have experienced the shiny nose with other foundations but not nearly to this extent. I can't believe it was just all gone from my cheeks though, I looked like it was the end of a long, hard day (12 Hours +). Definitely not what I was expecting from Lancome. I suspect this product can last all day, but does not control oil. It is oil free, so perhaps it does not add any oil, but has no oil controlling properties. I suppose I will try my sample again in the winter when I am not having these oily face issues. I should add that I don't usually use the EL powder so that could have contributed to the oily-ness, but I doubt it. Definitely not spending $50 on this, as much as I love Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Dezz1988

Very good foundation if you ask me, covers well (even though I don't have anything special to cover) but it gives you a doll face!
    What I love with Lancômes foundations is the tones/colors. It gives more or less everyone a possibility to wear them, even if you have a bit red-ish skintone (like me, pale, red-ish, scandinavian living in the cold climate almost 12 months of the year :P) I have tried a few other foundations, mostly cheaper ones like L'oreal but I turned out orange with those (inside you looked normal in the light but outside in the sun omg!) :/ Now I've been using Lancômes Teint Idôle Ultra for 2,5-3 yrs and its the best so far! I have the shade 01, Porcelain and that is very light shade with a bit of yellow so it is perfect to neutralize my red toned skin! Sometimes a bit of powder and sun powder is needed to fix it but most foundations needs that. Especially if you work in front of a computer screen. I think this is very good for people who has scars, blemishes etc. that they want to magically disappear because its quite covering. Anyhow it does not feel thick when you have it on! This covers more than Color Ideal from Lancôme wich I have tried also, and I also feel that Teint Idole stays longer without any "touch-ups"! A bit pricey though thats the minus (465SEK = 73$) and not too smart bottle (I usually take the top of and try to shake the rest out because at least 10-20% is left in the bottle when the "pump" doesnt give you any more) But as I said the product is amazing otherwise! Ciao!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This looks great when it is first applied. A few hours later, it oxidized a little and I was left with a slight brownness to my face. It looked so unnatural. This wears like cheap makeup. I would not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by kmonster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wonderful silky finish that provides great coverage with a natural look. I use this foundation for days when my usual tinted moisturizer may not even out any occasional ruddy tones or blemishes. Works beautifully. The oil free formula suits my combination sensitive skin and can be applied lightly for comfortable summer use. I wear Bisque 0(W) with Lancome's Effacernes concealer in Clair II or Mac Select Cover Up in NW25. I like the glass pump bottle b/c it really preserves the foundation and doesn't get messy at all. Go light on pressing the pump b/c a little goes a long way. Otherwise, it pretty much lives up to its promised 14 hour wear. Looks great from morning through the night and will gladly repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by kahmiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a rather large sample of this product from the Lancome counter at my Macy's, I have to say, the color match was awesome! I was shade T1 (ivore). And this foundation had good wearing power and such as well, however, a little after wearing it, my face just felt SO DRY. My t-zone is naturally oily, but my cheeks are normal to dry combo, and they felt awful! So even with the color match and wearability, I just couldnt bring myself to buy this.