September 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sfrancis91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product completely saved my skin. I've battled with mild-moderate acne since puberty and have tried every prescription cream out there. To be fair, I didn't use them every single day because my skin would become too dry and irritated and I would have to wait for it to heal. My skin was actually clear for the two years I was on birth control. However this past summer my skin began breaking out horribly. I always had several huge painful pimples (not sure if it was cystic acne or not). As soon as one cleared up, another came to replace it. Long story short, my skin was not pretty and I couldn't go out without concealer, I was embarrassed to be without makeup on in my own apartment with my roommates! I started using Neutrogena healthy skin with AHA in December, and my skin started clearing up, my obsession with AHA products began. I learned about Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle and started using it shortly after Christmas. I use it almost every night on my face and my skin has never looked better! It is drying, but it isn't a moisturizer so that isn't shocking. I usually put Aveeno moisturizer on top and I wake up and my skin is so soft. The red marks from my previous acne are still visible, but they are already fading! Any time I feel a pimple coming on, or see a little bump, I place the souffle on and it doesn't form. I LOVE this product and am looking forward to the future result!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this years ago and for some reason I quit. I am always on the lookout for the latest and greatest skin care product. After a HORRIBLE experience with Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion, I decided I would go back to this to try and rectify the wrong that PTR did to me. I don't understand why I ever stopped using this product. Probably because I didn't think an inexpensive drugstore product could work better than the expensive brands. I couldn't have been more wrong. This has already started to clear up my skin ( thanks for the breakouts PTR ) and has added a glow to my parched complexion. ( thanks again PTR ) I use this under my Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing lotion and the results really are fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by terei

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this product a lot, BUT what I now use is ALPHA HYDROX FOOT AND PROBLEM Area Cream. It also has 12% glycolic, but I like the consistency better and it comes in a tube. I use this on my face, neck, chest, arms, elbows, feet...everywhere. It usually costs about half the price of the souffle. I use it once a day under my sunscreen moisturizer and even tho I am 59, people comment on my 'beautiful skin' all the time.

4-2013 Update still using this product on my face (and elsewhere)I get frequent comments on my 'beautiful' skin. I used to have occasional peeling and noticeable pores around my nose...no more. The is the most cost effective way to keep my skin looking great...I buy it thru drugstore.c in bulk and give it as gifts to friends.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

You should know this ~

1. You have to USE THIS CONSISTENTLY to see results.
2. You have to be super-careful if your skin is unusually sensitive
3. DO NOT OVER-EXFOLIATE while using this.
4. You MUST use an effective sunscreen while using this.
5. Keep it well away from the eye area.

Following these common-sense guidelines, you WILL begin to see some impressive results. I did.

My skin looked a lot clearer and smoother when I used this. This is an AHA concentration (12%) I prefer using during the warmer months as my skin is less sensitive then. The Glycolic Acid was great because I seemed to break out a lot less. This mousse-like cream absorbs very quickly under your regular night cream. The instructions SAID use it twice daily but nightly was enough for me.
Used under my day cream and SPF, I found that something in the acid made the ensuing creams and foundation roll off in small amounts.
Be especially careful not to use it too often on your neck. My neck developed some dark spots where the Glycolic Acid burned so I quickly stopped and they went away.

This makes a terrific hand cream from time to time as it does for the tops of your hands what it does for your face. All I know is that my skin has a clarity I've not seen before when using this. In every way, used regularly, this inexpensive AHA formulation will work more impressively than creams, lotions and ungents 20 times the price.
I know, for I've been down that path times beyond number and have seldom found anything comparable.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product and has worked wonders for my skin. Like many others have mentioned, Alpha Hydrox can be difficult to find in stores. I order mine online from www.soap.com. Their prices are reasonable and they offer free 2-day shipping with orders over $25. Hope this helps! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference I am 49 yrs old. My skin is oily in t zone and normal outside of t zone. I do have acne issues. I have fine lines and fine lip lines. Moderate crows feet. Two or three sun spots. Slow turn over of cells.

Yes I will purchase this product again. I use this nightly after washing and then applying Avon AHA pads. I wait 15 mins after use of pad and apply this to face and neck.

I didn't really notice any change until I half way through the jar. So in my estimation I have used this product 8-10 weeks. Possibly 12 weeks, (more than likely closer to 12 weeks) every night. Without missing a single night.

The results? I notice when I wash my face it is as smooth as a baby's behind. Using this in conjuction with AHA pads (using pads for about 4 or 5 months) my skin is luminous from within, and I have actually left my home without foundation on to go shopping.

I have not one single zit on my face. Not one. Also, my pores appear smaller. Nothing will decrease the size of pores but this product will help keep them cleaner and therefore if pores are not clogged they *appear* smaller.

Let me tell you, my skin was so blotchy and the tone so uneven that I avoided leaving my home without foundation on because when I did people would ask me if I had been feeling unwell. Honestly they would.

Yes this product does perform as advertised and met all of my expectations. However, this is not an overnight fix or even a fix within one week. It has to be used consistently and for at least 8 weeks before the results are seen.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

Let me start by saying that i was really scared to try this. I have very sensitive skin that is mostly dry and prone to redness but can be oily and breakout prone. I was scared that this would ether break me out because it is such a thick cream or it would be incredibly irritating and reddening. It actually helps with all of my skin problems moderately which is amazing, it hasn't cured anything but i think it has normalized my skin some. The best thing this does is deal with red and brown marks of which i have both, my skin is noticeably clearer when i wake up in the morning after applying this and overall, like in life since using this. I also find that it keeps breakouts away very well, to me actually just as well as my prescription retinol and less drying/irritating. I find this very balancing as far as moisture goes i don't go to bed feeling tight and dry and wake up feeling oily like with retinol. I also don't notice any peeling or flaking off of skin as with retinol. This has become my daily night treatment but I will continue to use retinol a couple times a week to prevent aging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by milkstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was my skin-rescue. I love it to pieces and will always, always have this around. it is my go-to aha product (after using mama lotion for a year).
mama made my skin too smooth lol (my foundation kept sliding off) and I had some flaky irritation around my nose and between eyebrows.
this is just perfect. while it doesn`t prevent my occasional cyst, it does make it heal so quickly (1-2 days) that I don`t even mind it anymore. I`ve had marks from old cysts which were there for years and while I also liked diacneal and mama lotion, they never completely got rid of them. aha souffle did.
I have dry, sensitive and acne-prone skin (fun huh..) and I could not use this without a moisturizer on top because I get too dry otherwise (but it is also meant to be used this way as one can read on its label). This way my skin is SUPER soft in the morning and perfectly prepared for make-up. I see the lines around my eyes softening too and it does even out my skintone nicely (my skin is very pale and very imperfection-prone lol)
I use it every 2nd night (I use eluage by avene on the other nights and sundays but when I feel that my skin needs a break I only use moisturizer (I use eluage hyaluron filler which is great)).
This didn`t get rid of my milia around my eyes but my go-to bha product mild clarifying lotion by clinique is doing a good job on that.
I am very happy with my anti-aging routine at the moment but alpha hydrox souffle is my absolute favourite.
I have to order off ebay since I live in germany which gets a little expensive, so consider yourself lucky if you have it readily available in your local drugstore. :-))

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AHA has changed my hyperpigmented skin and I will probably always use it because of that. However, the one peeve I have on this product is that it's not moisturizing. I dont like using too many products and applying this, then moisturizer and sunscreen seems like a lot to me. I'm gonna check out some other ones and will see what they give me. In the meantime, I'm playing with chemical peels and such so I'll update whenever I have changed my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this before any other product on my face. I think it is helping to fade post acne marks. My skin is too sensitive for it to go on my neck so maybe people with sensitive skin should test this product. It does burn a little if I use a lot so a little goes a long way with me. I got this at Ulta with the aha face foaming face wash. I highly recommend both products. If you want an anti ager for lines and dullness, I really think this is great.