Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

4.1

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

on 2/17/2011 4:55:00 PM

I love this stuff -- I use it at night, and it makes such a difference with my face and neck. My skin feels super smooth and looks much brighter and refreshed. I took a couple of points off for packaging, since it is a jar and that's not very hygenic (vs. a pump dispenser), but this is one product that I will never be without.

on 2/17/2011 1:52:00 PM

I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper replacement for my HG Neostrata products and let's just say it was a total fail! I expected something very similar to Neostrata and since it had more of the active ingredient (12% vs. 10%) and rave reviews my expectations were high. Well this stuff slowly ruined my skin by clogging up every single pore! It's just a meh product in my opinion. I actually saw a regression in my skin and didn't think it was earth shattering at all. I went with it until I used it up and my skin was clogged, breaking out, and dull. As soon as I switched back to my regular skincare my skin was back to it's clear radiant self within a week and a half. I only give alpha hydrox three stars because it's a glycolic product at a more than decent price. It just didn't work for me so I'm going to warn other oily skined girls away. Apparently they also make an oil-free version which may have worked better for me but I think I will be sticking with what I know works from now on.

on 2/2/2011 9:06:00 AM

I love this product and definitely have a noticeable difference in my skin. I use this daily at night and switch on and off from my Neostrata Lotion Plus AHA - Just because I like to switch it up. My face is so much smoother and more even. I also haven't had any breakouts. I don't know if it's hormonal or it's the treatments but I'm not complaining! Will buy again when my jar is out - which it's getting close! The only thing I don't like about this product is that it is in a jar. I wish it was in a pump. I just hate re-dipping into this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This products. I didnt use this on my face. I used it daily on my neck and chest area. I have some chicken skin on these areas and it bothered me since I didnt look 100% fantastic in clothing. haha. I used it everyday for 2 weeks and yesterday when i looked into the mirror, my skin glows. This product is extremely gentle. There is no irritation at all. But you need to judge for yourself. If your skin is oily most prob you could use this on your face daily.

on 1/29/2011 2:50:00 PM

This product completely saved my skin. I've battled with mild-moderate acne since puberty and have tried every prescription cream out there. To be fair, I didn't use them every single day because my skin would become too dry and irritated and I would have to wait for it to heal. My skin was actually clear for the two years I was on birth control. However this past summer my skin began breaking out horribly. I always had several huge painful pimples (not sure if it was cystic acne or not). As soon as one cleared up, another came to replace it. Long story short, my skin was not pretty and I couldn't go out without concealer, I was embarrassed to be without makeup on in my own apartment with my roommates! I started using Neutrogena healthy skin with AHA in December, and my skin started clearing up, my obsession with AHA products began. I learned about Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle and started using it shortly after Christmas. I use it almost every night on my face and my skin has never looked better! It is drying, but it isn't a moisturizer so that isn't shocking. I usually put Aveeno moisturizer on top and I wake up and my skin is so soft. The red marks from my previous acne are still visible, but they are already fading! Any time I feel a pimple coming on, or see a little bump, I place the souffle on and it doesn't form. I LOVE this product and am looking forward to the future result!

on 1/26/2011 5:26:00 PM

I used to use this years ago and for some reason I quit. I am always on the lookout for the latest and greatest skin care product. After a HORRIBLE experience with Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion, I decided I would go back to this to try and rectify the wrong that PTR did to me. I don't understand why I ever stopped using this product. Probably because I didn't think an inexpensive drugstore product could work better than the expensive brands. I couldn't have been more wrong. This has already started to clear up my skin ( thanks for the breakouts PTR ) and has added a glow to my parched complexion. ( thanks again PTR ) I use this under my Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing lotion and the results really are fantastic.

on 1/17/2011 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I do like this product a lot, BUT what I now use is ALPHA HYDROX FOOT AND PROBLEM Area Cream. It also has 12% glycolic, but I like the consistency better and it comes in a tube. I use this on my face, neck, chest, arms, elbows, feet...everywhere. It usually costs about half the price of the souffle. I use it once a day under my sunscreen moisturizer and even tho I am 59, people comment on my 'beautiful skin' all the time.

4-2013 Update still using this product on my face (and elsewhere)I get frequent comments on my 'beautiful' skin. I used to have occasional peeling and noticeable pores around my nose...no more. The is the most cost effective way to keep my skin looking great...I buy it thru drugstore.c in bulk and give it as gifts to friends.

on 1/17/2011 5:02:00 PM

You should know this ~

1. You have to USE THIS CONSISTENTLY to see results.
2. You have to be super-careful if your skin is unusually sensitive
3. DO NOT OVER-EXFOLIATE while using this.
4. You MUST use an effective sunscreen while using this.
5. Keep it well away from the eye area.

Following these common-sense guidelines, you WILL begin to see some impressive results. I did.

My skin looked a lot clearer and smoother when I used this. This is an AHA concentration (12%) I prefer using during the warmer months as my skin is less sensitive then. The Glycolic Acid was great because I seemed to break out a lot less. This mousse-like cream absorbs very quickly under your regular night cream. The instructions SAID use it twice daily but nightly was enough for me.
Used under my day cream and SPF, I found that something in the acid made the ensuing creams and foundation roll off in small amounts.
Be especially careful not to use it too often on your neck. My neck developed some dark spots where the Glycolic Acid burned so I quickly stopped and they went away.

This makes a terrific hand cream from time to time as it does for the tops of your hands what it does for your face. All I know is that my skin has a clarity I've not seen before when using this. In every way, used regularly, this inexpensive AHA formulation will work more impressively than creams, lotions and ungents 20 times the price.
I know, for I've been down that path times beyond number and have seldom found anything comparable.

on 1/17/2011 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an excellent product and has worked wonders for my skin. Like many others have mentioned, Alpha Hydrox can be difficult to find in stores. I order mine online from www.soap.com. Their prices are reasonable and they offer free 2-day shipping with orders over $25. Hope this helps! :)

on 1/17/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. My skin is oily in t zone and normal outside of t zone. I do have acne issues. I have fine lines and fine lip lines. Moderate crows feet. Two or three sun spots. Slow turn over of cells.

Yes I will purchase this product again. I use this nightly after washing and then applying Avon AHA pads. I wait 15 mins after use of pad and apply this to face and neck.

I didn't really notice any change until I half way through the jar. So in my estimation I have used this product 8-10 weeks. Possibly 12 weeks, (more than likely closer to 12 weeks) every night. Without missing a single night.

The results? I notice when I wash my face it is as smooth as a baby's behind. Using this in conjuction with AHA pads (using pads for about 4 or 5 months) my skin is luminous from within, and I have actually left my home without foundation on to go shopping.

I have not one single zit on my face. Not one. Also, my pores appear smaller. Nothing will decrease the size of pores but this product will help keep them cleaner and therefore if pores are not clogged they *appear* smaller.

Let me tell you, my skin was so blotchy and the tone so uneven that I avoided leaving my home without foundation on because when I did people would ask me if I had been feeling unwell. Honestly they would.

Yes this product does perform as advertised and met all of my expectations. However, this is not an overnight fix or even a fix within one week. It has to be used consistently and for at least 8 weeks before the results are seen.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated Alpha Hydrox Products