MAC Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

4.3

on 7/25/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I feel like I won the lottery or something, having gotten Stereo Rose before it sold out. I tried not to give in to the hype, but I fell in love with the texture when I swatched it. It's velvety smooth with a gorgeous sheen. Not glitter, not shimmer, just a sheen. Unfortunately it doesn't really work with my colouring (NW20, brown hair and eyes). It looks a little muddy and orange. I can see this being gorgeous on those with medium-dark skin, but it's not for me. I'm giving it a 3 because the texture is pretty amazing.

on 7/25/2010 5:58:00 AM

I dont understand why it's so hyped up. Other than collectors, you dont need to have this because this color does not suit all skin IMO. it looks good on me, but can be a bit orange sometimes even with yellow skin.

I bought this when it first came out years ago and wasn't impressed then , and not impressed now! Too much hype on this product! It's o.k. nothing to really rave about!

on 7/23/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Not as rich in colour as I expected, but makes for a great blush with a dewyish finish. Still overrated though. I ordered this online on MAC the day it came out but it backordered and I recieved it today. So glad I didn't buy it off eBay, SO NOT worth over $30.

on 7/22/2010 10:29:00 PM

i bought this because i was building up my msf collection and didn't expect to fall in love with this color. it is AMAZING! Im an nw15 and its absolutely beautiful on my cheeks. it's definitely a deeper color than porcelain pink or light flush, but i absolutely LOVE this. if you can get your hands on this, GET IT!!

on 7/22/2010 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I bought it because many youtubers were raving about it and most reviewers at different web sites are possitive. And i wanted to try it. This MSF is really awesome. When I apply it on my cheeks with light hand I look healthy, relaxed, reachy. I use it with cream color base 'hush'. I'm so happy that I've got this product for summer especially.

on 7/21/2010 2:50:00 PM

I love stereo rose! I thought it was just the hype, so I didn't really go into panic mode when it sold out on mac's website. I went to mac's counter at my local macy's 2 days after in the groove was launched, and i got stereo rose along with a few other products. The color is a mix of coral, bronze, a bit golden, a little peach... just perfect and gorgeous! No chunky glitters or crazy shimmers, just a nice subtle sheen. I love this so much that I went back to Macy's the very next day and picked up a back up.

on 7/20/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE Stereo Rose, I don't about any one else's MSF, but this one has alot of gold veining thru out and is a beautiful coral color, for my NC25-30 skin. I saw the In the Groove Collection, and the main review I heard about was this MSF. And luckily I asked my local Mac counter to hold one for me , since they only got 3 in for the whole collection. I highly reccomend anyone getting this MSF, but I don't suggest going thru ebay to get this, but that is just me. I was lucky enough to snag one, and I believe I have all the MSF's that came out so far, and hope Mac makes more wonderful colors!!!

on 7/20/2010 9:57:00 AM

I love this MSF, Petticoat used to be my favourite but its now been replaced by this! I got it just last week from the In the Groove Collection (July 2010)
Not overly shimmery which is great if you have some oily skin issues like me and have large large pores. I was worried this was going to make me look greasy but it didnt! Good result!
Its also NOT glittery which is great - and so no worries there if you are put off by some MSFs like Gold Deposit (yuck!).
Staying power (on me) was as expected - average for a MSF (but I find that ALL MSF and some MAC blushes do not stay on me for very long and I have to re-apply. I put this down to my oily skin, and not the product.
I find using Fix+ on my brush (Sonia Kashuk highlighter brush) makes it stay on for longer.
I use it as a blush and not a all over highlighter...you might get a Oompa-Lumpa effect if you do that.
I am NC35-37 for reference.
I love this but its not worth the crazy prices some people are charging for this on Ebay - its nice but not THAT nice. I would re-purchase but ONLY at retail price and not more.

on 7/19/2010 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I almost didn't buy this product when it came out with the In The Groove collection because online it looked too dark for my NC15 skin but when I saw it in person I had to have it. It's my most unique msf from mac (then again I only have like 9 but still). It's a beautiful shimmery coral color that looks great as a blush on most skintones in my opinion. I hope Mac repromotes this msf so more people can get their hands on it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials