October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by chantalmostoway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this when it first came out years ago and wasn't impressed then , and not impressed now! Too much hype on this product! It's o.k. nothing to really rave about!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Not as rich in colour as I expected, but makes for a great blush with a dewyish finish. Still overrated though. I ordered this online on MAC the day it came out but it backordered and I recieved it today. So glad I didn't buy it off eBay, SO NOT worth over $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cheer992

i bought this because i was building up my msf collection and didn't expect to fall in love with this color. it is AMAZING! Im an nw15 and its absolutely beautiful on my cheeks. it's definitely a deeper color than porcelain pink or light flush, but i absolutely LOVE this. if you can get your hands on this, GET IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by kamilevna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I bought it because many youtubers were raving about it and most reviewers at different web sites are possitive. And i wanted to try it. This MSF is really awesome. When I apply it on my cheeks with light hand I look healthy, relaxed, reachy. I use it with cream color base 'hush'. I'm so happy that I've got this product for summer especially.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by miki08

I love stereo rose! I thought it was just the hype, so I didn't really go into panic mode when it sold out on mac's website. I went to mac's counter at my local macy's 2 days after in the groove was launched, and i got stereo rose along with a few other products. The color is a mix of coral, bronze, a bit golden, a little peach... just perfect and gorgeous! No chunky glitters or crazy shimmers, just a nice subtle sheen. I love this so much that I went back to Macy's the very next day and picked up a back up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by maccrazed

I absolutely LOVE Stereo Rose, I don't about any one else's MSF, but this one has alot of gold veining thru out and is a beautiful coral color, for my NC25-30 skin. I saw the In the Groove Collection, and the main review I heard about was this MSF. And luckily I asked my local Mac counter to hold one for me , since they only got 3 in for the whole collection. I highly reccomend anyone getting this MSF, but I don't suggest going thru ebay to get this, but that is just me. I was lucky enough to snag one, and I believe I have all the MSF's that came out so far, and hope Mac makes more wonderful colors!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

I love this MSF, Petticoat used to be my favourite but its now been replaced by this! I got it just last week from the In the Groove Collection (July 2010)
Not overly shimmery which is great if you have some oily skin issues like me and have large large pores. I was worried this was going to make me look greasy but it didnt! Good result!
Its also NOT glittery which is great - and so no worries there if you are put off by some MSFs like Gold Deposit (yuck!).
Staying power (on me) was as expected - average for a MSF (but I find that ALL MSF and some MAC blushes do not stay on me for very long and I have to re-apply. I put this down to my oily skin, and not the product.
I find using Fix+ on my brush (Sonia Kashuk highlighter brush) makes it stay on for longer.
I use it as a blush and not a all over highlighter...you might get a Oompa-Lumpa effect if you do that.
I am NC35-37 for reference.
I love this but its not worth the crazy prices some people are charging for this on Ebay - its nice but not THAT nice. I would re-purchase but ONLY at retail price and not more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I almost didn't buy this product when it came out with the In The Groove collection because online it looked too dark for my NC15 skin but when I saw it in person I had to have it. It's my most unique msf from mac (then again I only have like 9 but still). It's a beautiful shimmery coral color that looks great as a blush on most skintones in my opinion. I hope Mac repromotes this msf so more people can get their hands on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sseagraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK so I will admit that I totally jumped on the bandwagon for Stereo Rose. I saw swatches and some youtube videos of people who got their hands on the collection early and they all raved about Stereo Rose. I woke up at 8 in the morning to place my order online and it was already sold out on the MAC website. In a panic I called the MAC PRO line and they said that they still had Stereo Rose in stock so I ordered two. I AM IN LOVE. It is my HG cheek color for sure!! It is the perfect coral flush on my NC25 skintone. It is very pigmented and gives the perfect sheen (not glitter!). The only thing I have against it is staying power. The first day I put it on with only foundation underneath and it faded in about 5-7 hours. But if you put a cream color base (I normally use Hush) or a cream blush underneath it it stays all day! I love using either the MAC 129 for more color payoff or the 187 for a suttle glow.
I have also heard that people are saying that there is not as much product as there normally is in MSFs. While this might be true (I haven't compared it to other MSFs or anything) I still think there is a TON of product and even if you use this MSF everyday it will last you a really long time.
Overall, if you got this MSF keep it! If you didn't, don't pay over retail price to get it on ebay! Try to find someone who is selling it for retail price or try to swap for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Somehow the "would you buy this product again?" is funny to me considering the frenzy that accompanied the release and the fact that many who wanted the product couldn't even purchase One. Lol.

I had convinced myself I didn't need it and then the day before release at counters I decided to give in to the hysteria. I had to call a few counters in my area to track one down and at my last stop was told I snagged the last one at that particular counter. I had it shipped to me at home and anxiously awaited its arrival. During that agonizing 4 day wait I thought of it...arriving broken, having been accidently sold to another customer (as happened quite a bit according to the boards), or the S.A. "mistakenly" putting the wrong shade msf in the box to be shipped. Much to my relief stereo rose showed up at my door, unscathed and happy to be home.

It's a gorgeous glowy coral blush on me (NC30ish at the moment) and if I get any darker this summer I can see that it would be a lovely highlight. I don't regret tracking this baby down at all and I can see why it was so loved on its last release however it still doesn't merit the current asking price on ebay. I wouldn't pay over retail for it. I can appreciate what a beautiful blush it is but at the end of the day it's still Just a makeup product.

If you *still* have the opportunity to pick this up then go for it but don't lose any sleep on the boards here if you don't. Retails for just under $30.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No