Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 5/15/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't think I will be trying Clinique skincare products again. I have tried so many, and all of them let me down. This was no different, however it was probably the best product from the brand that I tried.

I bought this moisturiser when my skin was very dehydrated. My skin is combination and at the moment it is quite dehydrated.

What I liked about this moisturiser:
- It's fragrance free
- Feels nice on the skin (cooling)
- Leaves skin feeling soft and with a nice glow to it
- Did not, at any point, made my face shiny
- No harmful/undesirable effects

What I disliked:
- Even though it's fragrance free it smells a bit bad
- Does not moisturise per se, it just softens the skin due to the high silicone content
- Jar is not sanitary
- Has a very misleading name- this did not give me a moisture surge!

Maybe this moisturiser is too light for my skin. I tend not to get enough hydration from oil free moisturisers anyway. But still, for the price I was expecting this to moisturise a bit better. It really just sort of sits on my skin making it smooth and slippery. Will not buy again.

on 5/13/2014 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

In the past, when I was only oily and dehydration was alien to me, I found this product too hydrating to use. Now that dehydration is a very real issue for my skin, this product isn't hydrating enough.

This pink "cream-gel" feels a little thick but melts onto your skin, spreading easily and sinking in quickly. You don't need too much to cover your whole face, which is nice since it is pricey (2.5 oz for $49.50 or less value for smaller sizes). I wouldn't load it on because I find that it doesn't really give me more hydration -- my skin just feels sticky and tacky. Otherwise, the product sinks in very well.

As for scent, I can't really smell anything except for something light that's a little bit chemical-y. I think the product is supposed to be fragrance-free and that's just the smell of the components.

I have worn this under makeup and find that it works well -- most of the time. I don't remember the exact products I had trouble with but sometimes this made some of my foundations and/or sunscreens pill or apply patchily.

Where this product truly fails for me, though, is in the hydration department. The moisturizer absorbs quickly and then I feel as if I never put moisturizer on in the first place. My skin does feel a little softer but I don't feel hydrated. I've tried putting an occlusive over the Clinique to seal the moisture in and that works beautifully. However, I can't really be sure the occlusive (Elta MD Intense) isn't doing all the work.

I've tried the Intense version of the Clinique moisturizer (Moisture Surge Intense, same price as Extended Thirst Relief) and I find it works very well for my troubled skin. It is heavier, though, so the audience is a bit different. I've loved it during the colder months but I am already doubtful it will be suitable for summer (on me, at least).

on 4/21/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

MAKES SKIN FEEL BABY SOFT.

I find that Clinique's moisturizers are the only moisturizers that will actually make my skin feel soft and supple. I used this for a period of time and I absolutely loved how it made my skin feel. I have honestly never used a moisturizer that kept my face hydrated all day long like this one.

The only downside I would say, is the packaging; I hate hate hate anything that comes in jars like these. It's so inconvenient to have to take out a scooper and scoop out the product each time you use it. Sometimes you just wanna grab and go kinda thing, and with this, you cannot.

on 4/15/2014 11:06:00 AM

Meh. I wanted to love this and was excited by all the great reviews, but I just don't find this very moisturizing. My skin is pretty normal (except my stupid greasy nose) and I was looking for a something to help moisturize more around my eyes. I'll keep looking.

on 4/13/2014 5:55:00 PM

I love this product. I have normal skin and this cream makes my skin look absolutely radiant.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice, well moisturizing gel that i've used mostly as a night creme or when not using makeup. I'm acne-prone and oily skin, with dryness on the top layer of the skin. Moisture surge extended thirst relief works well, my skin feels hydrated without making it oily.

Compared to the 'Moisture surge intense' one i liked this formula a lot more.

Extended thirst relief is a lot lighter gel, and smells really good. It doesn't leave a creamy layer on top of the skin, it feels like the skin can breathe.

The only downside for me would be the price. Because of the gel formula i needed to use it more, so it did not last so long time. Also the packaging is not the best one, since you need to dip your fingers in the jar...

However, it has been one of the best moisturizers that my skin appeared to like, so i would consider to repurchase.

on 4/8/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have patchy dry skin in areas, because I have skin problems (eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and overall sensitive skin). This stuff, coupled with some regular hydrocortisone cream, is a life saver for me!

Also, I like the appearance of the product - it is a light pink gel with a slippery feel to it, not heavy at all. I do not like the jar form factor -- I wish this came in a pump style jar so I don't have to dip my fingers into the jar for each use.

When I put it on my face, it doesn't sting at all, even when my skin is irritated. It does not help with the redness per se (that is why I couple it with the hydrocortisone), but one application stops the flakies in their tracks.

I noticed that there are now 2 versions of this product in Sephora: one for all skin types (oil free) and one for extra dry skin. I am speaking from my experience using the one for all skin types (oil free).

on 4/6/2014 5:26:00 PM

Water based gel texture. Doesn't really moisturise. Over scented.

on 4/2/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this stuff. I have extremely sensitive, dry skin (I feel like a crocodile after a shower) and am constantly dousing my face in moisturizer, which can make make me break out. It's a vicious cycle. I found this on my mom's dresser one morning (she had received it as a free sample) while I was searching for some moisturizer, tried it, and it just melted into my skin. It was like I had finally found whatever was supposed to make skin feel good. Needless to say, my mother never did find her moisturizer after that day! It makes my skin feel soft, nourished and clean without making it feel oily or heavy. The only drawback is the price... It retails for about $45 per jar (I'm in Canada), so not sure how expensive it is anywhere else. If you can afford it and have dry skin, buy it!!

on 3/17/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Absolute must-have for travel. The first time I tried this was at an international airport after around 24 hours of travel by bus and plane. While I was waiting for my next flight, I went straight to the makeup duty free to try to put myself back together. This wonderful angel at Clinique then asked if she could help. After cleaning my face with I don't know what, she put this on and it just melted into my skin. By the time she had smoothed it in, she decided that a second coat may be nice (and/or necessary). Since then I will not travel without this. I wouldn't say this is my primary face moisturizer, but it is an absolute necessity for tired, dehydrated travel skin.

I have recently come across a possible dupe with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel Cream, but I have yet to find it here in Eastern Europe. If anyone has tried it, let me know.