September 20, 2014 | 1699 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Alien

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by shrubba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I paid 39.50 for the 30ml which I think is quite a lot! I think I was just under the control of the fumes in the store and just bought it. The main reason I bought it was for the jasmine scent. It's definitely there and I love it. Also the price is definitely justifiable because one spray on your wrist and you can dab that over your whole body. I honestly can't describe the scent, I can't believe there's only three notes because it smells so complex and wonderful!

I definitely would not judge on first sniff, it seems to vary over time. It's like buying multiple perfumes and smelling new scents ever once in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a strangely beautiful fragrance, very difficult to describe, so I won't even try. But I will say this...my husband, who has terrible allergies and typically hates perfumes, absolutely LOVES this stuff, and at first, I absolutely hated it and thought it smelled terrible. But here's the thing with Thierry Mugler...you can't go by your first sniff. You have to have patience. This perfume smells very weird at first, super synthetic and perhaps even medicinal, but give it 30 minutes to an hour and go back and smell your wrist then. If you still don't like it, then it's probably not for you. On me it transforms into something entirely different once it dries down and is absolutely wonderful. It is now my signature scent (my other favorite being Narcisso Rodriguez for Her, edt).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While working in cosmetics and fragrance for a department store over the holidays, I acquainted myself with pretty much every tester bottle sitting out on a daily basis. Hey, I couldn't do my job without forming an opinion on all of them, right? In the early days of working in fragrance, posting up right next to the Thierry Mugler reps was the most out-of-the-way spot, so I got to know the Chanels, TMs, and Burberrys pretty well. The formidable Angel, surprisingly, grew on me over time, despite my first impression of raisins when I first smelled it. This seems to be the story with everyone who eventually likes Angel.

But this is a review about Alien. The bottle is what first drew me in -- like something out of The Fifth Element. Milla Jovovich would've totally taken this out and sprayed it on herself in the movie, if she, y'know, knew what the hell perfume was. My favorite shade of purple (deep, royal, Mardi-Gras purple) with gold claw-like accents. I don't have my sample in front of me, but it's like Angel's sweet little sister. The one who wears skirts all the time and pink lip gloss but will still lay your ass out if you get handsy. Angel will do the same, but Angel has the voice of a career chain smoker. Alien sings soprano in the local church choir.

All I know is that one night I got to a party wearing Alien and started hugging everyone, and down the line every single person said some variant of, "You smell like heaven," which is ad nauseam what the first person I greeted said. Go sniff it for yourself.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sanna_sometimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this fragrance PUZZLES me. I got a free sample of it when it came in 2005 and I absolutely loathed it! Some weeks ago I smelled it on a classmate and got obsessed by it. Bought it today, i felt like a HAD TO. It's a weird smell, synthetic, complex, unique and absolutely gorgeous. Well, there are six years between hate and love, now you know.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sixillis

It's like jasmine marinated in grape cough medicine, struck by lightning, and then frosted with vanilla sprinkles and uppers. I put on half a puff from the free sample out of my Vogue and was instantly nauseated. An hour later, I am still smelling it and still nauseated. It does kind of mellow out into a half-powdered faux jasmine...which is almost a relief. It may be the tackiest thing I've ever smelled and I wish I never had. This is only weird and otherworldly in the same contrived way as Katy Perry music videos are. My brain hurts.

15 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by adlrmns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot even begin to describe this Fragrance. Whenever I try and buy it, it is always sold out. But I finally got my hands on a bottle, and I remember why I fell in love with the scent almost 2 years ago. It is so unique, that I have no words for it. It is a definite love-it-or-hate-it scent, and you will get noticed when you wear it. I love the packaging, and I love the intoxicating quality of this fragrance. My highest praise to Thierry Mugler.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by thepinkhedgehog

I always thought I didn't like Thierry Mugler as I loathed Angel (it smells of baby sick!) but squirted this one day drawn to the bottle. I really liked the scent but found it a bit heavy, lasting for absolutely ages. A few months later I tried it again, using only one quick spray and fell in love! It is expensive - I found the non refillable 30 ml bottle in Gordons for 27 which is about half the price of boots or debenhams, but I wouldn't pay the rrp for it. Sex in a bottle, it's grown up and smells a bit dirty and smokey but in a good way, it's a scent for eyeliner and boots rather than everyday wear but one spray is enough to last all night

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by localholyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

current signature scent... intoxicating is definitely the word to describe this perfume. very long-lasting, uplifting, manages to be simultaneously casual and sexy/sensual, so I can wear it whenever I want. smells better and better as it mellows out.. addicted to this scent. very unique. i've gotten SO many compliments on it! also it lingers like crazy (love that!)

very strong perfume. i use two sprays at a time and that more than suffices...honestly one is probably enough.

LOVE IT!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by rhondamlm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I have to admit before trying Alien I didn't really think it was in my fragrance category, typically liking light airy florals such as Pleasures, Juicy Couture (while not airy) and Chance Eau Tendre but since I was looking for a new special fragrance I have tried literally dozens so I figured after reading the reviews I'd give it a try.

Wow, the initial out spray (Just ONE spray) on my wrist smelled a unique pretty floral that i had never smelled before.... but literally within minutes morphed on my skin into some odd strange very annoying smell. Being outside a few hours later outside, I continued getting odd whiffs of this perfume and it was nauseating to me, that is all I could smell on the wrist of my jacket, on the top of my glove, just awful on me. I seriously of all that I've tried in these past few months, while many I didn't like and had to scrub only this one and and the other one from Theirry Mugler, which was Womanity which had the same effect I seriously could not wait to wash off and get my clothes off , including my jacket and coat. It just didn't work with my chemistry and morphed into a horrid strange powerful smell that I couldn't get rid of quick enough.

While I'm sure it may keep that beautiful initial burst on most people for me it just didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MariettaKar

Would I buy this product again???Hell yeah!!! I simply adore it.....It has the perfect scent and it truly lasts till next morning(when I wake up, I can smell the left-overs of the fragrance all over my hair and skin)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No