April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whats that on my hair?? Shine! Wow, used this with a big curling iron and the shine it added was immediately noticeable.
Seems to help with hold while not feeling sticky too.If it really does help with heat protection, thats a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

I have terribly thin, fine hair that I need to straighten every day or it completely frizzes up on me. I've tried many heat protection products and this one is by far my favorite. Maybe it's just my hair type, but I've found others make it feel nasty and waxy. This leaves it silky, soft, and you can't beat the price. Really, really love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hellotampon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this when I first bought a flat iron, and hated it. It made my hair all waxy and sticky, maybe because it sprayed on too heavy. I had to throw it out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Dayday00

It's my go to product.
I've gone through so many bottles i stopped to count ahah.
It's not expensive and it does a wonderful job. My hair is shiny and soft after I used it. And even if I straightened my hair every day, my hair is beautiful and not dammage. Thanks to this spray!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this gets a lot of love, but I have a hard time feeling it. I bought it due to all the positive reviews, but it really didn't impress me very much (felt like nothing on the hair and doesn't add any softness) and then I took a look at the ingredients. Aqua (water) is the first one! Am I missing something here? I thought water was never supposed to be used on your hair before using any sort of heat tool (water expands, turns into steam under extreme heat, causing little 'bubbles' or breaks in the hair). I now check the ingredients on every "heat styling" product and make sure there is no water in it. The packaging is ok (if you want to save it to use with a "safer" liquid protectant) and it does give a fine mist, but it also feels a bit awkward to hang on to. I have to keep readjusting my hold on it to go all around my head. I'm sticking to my serums...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that I'll happily buy 2-3 of when I'm at the drugstore. I bought this because I feel I should put something between my hair and heat styling tools, so I use this spray 2-3 times a week before I blow dry. I began using TRESemme heat tamer around the same time that I started blow drying my hair instead of straightening it, so it is difficult to speak to its efficacy. However, my hair is definitely healthier overall and I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff.

Pros: It smells good, sprays evenly, and the best part is you can't over do it. I remember using a CHI heat protection spray and it left my hair all piece-y and sticky feeling. TRESemme doesn't leave any residue or reduce the time I can go between washes. I also really like the spray nozzle, which makes it easy to mist product evenly throughout your hair. The smell isn't bad, either, and it's not too expensive.

Cons: I guess if I'm going to be picky, the spray nozzle is a bit bulky for travelling, even though it locks really easily. It's not a problem for me, though, because I transfer my hair products to tiny spray bottles for travel with a carry-on. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by luverchick

this smells so good...just for the smell alone this is the heat protectant for me...it is also so cheap....i dont heat my hair very often so this has last me a long time...sometimes i just use it to make my hair smell even better

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this since it came out and nothing else!
- Not sticky or greasy, it barely feels like you have anything in your hair which is fantastic
- the nozzle sprays a very fine, even mist.
- cheap and accessible!
- I've tried the keratin too which makes my hair shinier than this one but don't like the smell.
- hate the smell of this one though! smell is bleeehhhhhh!
- doesn't really do much in terms of moisture or shine or anything.. which is nice because you can apply it very liberally but if you want a multi-purpose product this def isn't it.
- has vitamins?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this because of all the good reviews. So far not impressed.
I put it on when my hair's wet. air dry it and the next morning i spray it again before i flat iron. So far it makes my hair CRISPY. Super dry. Don't know yet.... I'm going to not spray it before i flat iron and just spray it when it's wet. See if it makes a difference. Also, it does NOT detangle at all so i don't know why people say it does. The fragrance of it is NOT overpowering nor does it linger so for all of you either loving or complaining about the smell.. ummm.... really not an issue. I'm going to keep giving it a chance for a bit so i will update. So far, it's a huge MEH for me.... **** Update a few days later..... product sucks! Terrible. Tangles my hair and dries it and makes it look DULL and unwashed! And by the next day i can barely run a comb through it. Worst product ever! And i'm sorry to say it because i really do like Tresemme products. This one is BAD!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this product, does the trick. honestly cant tell the difference between this and the chi 44 iron guard, i like both, this product is significantly cheaper. i have repurchased this several times.