TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

I don't if it really does anything to protect my hair, but it does make it smoother than when I don't use anything. I think the formula has changed ever since I first bought this years ago, for the worst. Compared to another heat protectant spray I used garnier fructis) this is MUCH better. I think garnier fructis heat protection spray will do you far more damage than good, please stay away from that spray!!

I usually spray this in damp hair and wait till my hair is COMPLETELY dry and then I straighten my hair. Smooth but it tend to take the volume away from my hair and make it flat

on 7/26/2013 2:02:00 AM

When I used to straighten my hair everyday (oh how I regret that) I used to use this because I liked it the most out of all that I tried. It was very light, not sticky or drying. It had a very fresg and light scent and the spray bottle sprayed a perfect mist over my hair. I still have about half a bottle of this and I use it on the rare occasions I style my hair with heat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this because it has great reviews but it leaves my hair feeling sticky, no matter how little I put in. And also, if I touched my hair, my hands would feel sticky too.

on 7/19/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this product! I've been using it ever since I started straightening my hair, about 5 years ago. It is light, has a fairly pleasant scent, and I have not seen any damage to my hair (although I myself don't overdo the heat.) I use this before I blow dry my hair and, combined with the other products I use, it does an excellent job of protecting my thin, fine locks.

on 7/7/2013 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my go to heat protectant spray-I'm on my 3rd bottle (my 2nd bottled spilled all over my luggage while flying so make sure you securely tighten it). I got it on sale for $7 if I bought 2 from CVS. It protects my hair from the heat from my straightner and hair dryer. The only thing I dislike is the smell but it disappears after a minute.

on 6/29/2013 8:35:00 PM

Love this product. It works extremely well, has a lovely subtle scent and makes your hairstyle last forever. However, I found the nozzle hard to hold so I replaced it with a normal nozzle. I then realized the best way to use this spray is by spraying it in my palms and distributing it all over my dry hair...works very well this way and it coats the entire hair evenly...try this method next time !

Product smells GREAT, and makes your hair super soft! I love it, it protects against heat pretty well too. One con, however is the packaging. The handel/lever thing broke and I had to switch it out with another sprayer.

on 6/21/2013 3:34:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product. It smells amazing and makes my hair very soft. I've also noticed less breakage in my hair since using this. The only thing I hate is the packaging. The nozzle SUCKS. I've purchased this product 4 times and every single time it breaks. So I just bought a cute little spray bottle and I pour it in there. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 6/9/2013 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually really love this stuff & don't know why I ever strayed away from it ... well I'm a product junkie & like to try new things, that's why! hah But this heat protectant is light, so my hair isn't weighted down and it actually works! My hair never feels fried & dry after use. It's definitely kept my hair healthy & it smells good! For a long time I used Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum & I truly loved that ... it's just too pricey & since it is a thick serum it could weight my hair down if I used just a tad too much. This product's spray bottle dispenses the perfect amount in a fine spray & a little goes a long way. It's just as good as the Super Skinny Serum & a lot cheaper!

on 6/5/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely cannot stand the packaging of this product! The spray nozzle is so annoying and I have to bend my wrist all weird like to get it to spray in the direction that I want it to. For that reason alone I gave this a 3/5. Having said that, the product itself is pretty good. Agree with all the reviewers below. I like that it gives a fine mist rather than soaking my hair. I have noticed a difference in my bleach blonde hair. I'm a natural dark brown brunette. My hair is smoother and shinier with the help of this product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials